Randooooooom: come on in...if you dare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

I just hate the idea that I don't know what day some creepy person is going to be hanging out in my U2 decorated apartment :scream:

:hmm: Dont you have the Under A Blood Red Sky poster of Edge?

Blue Room said:

:hmm: Dont you have the Under A Blood Red Sky poster of Edge?

Yes! It's the picture that's in my profile. When I moved last year I had to know where it was at all times. I literally looked every day for 2+ years on ebay for that thing and I stalked the auction for the entire 7 days it was on and I put in such a high bid that anyone would have been crazy to try to outbid me. Thankfully no one did and I won. It's my baby :heart: Some day I'll be able to afford to get it properly framed. Right now it's just in a crappy frame from Target.

arw9797 said:

Yes! It's the picture that's in my profile. When I moved last year I had to know where it was at all times. I literally looked every day for 2+ years on ebay for that thing and I stalked the auction for the entire 7 days it was on and I put in such a high bid that anyone would have been crazy to try to outbid me. Thankfully no one did and I won. It's my baby :heart: Some day I'll be able to afford to get it properly framed. Right now it's just in a crappy frame from Target.

Its a very cool poster. Not one you see very often, mainly because its a promotional only so it was never a for sale item. I would hate to guess what you bid on it though! I have a feeling I could us the infamous :ohmy: icon! :laugh:

Blue Room said:

Its a very cool poster. Not one you see very often, mainly because its a promotional only so it was never a for sale item. I would hate to guess what you bid on it though! I have a feeling I could us the infamous :ohmy: icon! :laugh:

$200! :reject: I used to sell a lot though and I had almost that in my paypal account. The bad part was I just found out I was getting laid off and really needed to cash in my paypal money. Thankfully I only paid aobut $75 with shipping. It was worth it. I wanted something of Edge and I wanted something somewhat rare. Red Rocks was my first U2 on video so it just makes sense for me to have this poster. I love it! :heart: It's folded but I don't care. It's just beautiful :love: The first time I saw it 2 years before I was new to ebay and signed up for that very poster. I had looked on ebay for a while but never found anything I wanted. I didn't know how the bidding worked and didn't realize I was outbid until the auction ended :(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I want to see the Edge poster in person. :drool:

If I win the lotto I'm buying a ticket to MN for U2 and a party at arw's. :wink:

:uhoh: I already have 4 people staying with me that night. I have a queen size bed and although I don't really want to share I would if I have to. :shifty: I have 2 twin size air mattresses and my friend has a queen air mattress. The couch is too small for anyone. I think there might be some room on my kitchen floor! :D

arw9797 said:

$200! :reject: I used to sell a lot though and I had almost that in my paypal account. The bad part was I just found out I was getting laid off and really needed to cash in my paypal money. Thankfully I only paid aobut $75 with shipping. It was worth it. I wanted something of Edge and I wanted something somewhat rare. Red Rocks was my first U2 on video so it just makes sense for me to have this poster. I love it! :heart: It's folded but I don't care. It's just beautiful :love: The first time I saw it 2 years before I was new to ebay and signed up for that very poster. I had looked on ebay for a while but never found anything I wanted. I didn't know how the bidding worked and didn't realize I was outbid until the auction ended :(

You should have him sign it and then have it framed professionally.

$200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Sorry, had to do it. :wink:

Blue Room said:

You should have him sign it and then have it framed professionally.

$200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

Sorry, had to do it. :wink:

I thought about it but with the rush in Chicago I would have been too afraid to take it out. Little did I know he would just randomly walk out of his hotel with only about 10 other people there. I might bring it with me to another show but I dont' know if I actually would. It means too much to me now to risk anything happening to it by traveling with it.

arw9797 said:

I thought about it but with the rush in Chicago I would have been too afraid to take it out. Little did I know he would just randomly walk out of his hotel with only about 10 other people there. I might bring it with me to another show but I dont' know if I actually would. It means too much to me now to risk anything happening to it by traveling with it.

After I got the stick people told me to bring it to Vegas (for the show the next month) but that's my baby like the poster is yours. No way is that thing leaving my sight, ever! :lol: I don't care if there was a possibility that Larry would sign it, with my luck it would snap in half in the rush. :p

arw9797 said:

The other thing you could do is get an UABRS postcard and have him sign that. Then have it framed in one of the corners with the poster. I did that with one of my Joshua Tree posters with a JT postcard that I had Bono and Edge sign. Looks pretty good.

Blue Room said:

The other thing you could do is get an UABRS postcard and have him sign that. Then have it framed in one of the corners with the poster. I did that with one of my Joshua Tree posters with a JT postcard that I had Bono and Edge sign. Looks pretty good.

where would I find something like that? I've never seen a postcard of it before.

I'm thinking that my War album will making the trip to Pittsburgh or Cleveland with me to have signed....that was the beginning of it all for me but I don't want to deal with it on planes or anything so it will only make car trips. I would hate it if anything happened to that. I have carried around my UF cassette though everywhere we've been so far.

Kariann said:
I'm thinking that my War album will making the trip to Pittsburgh or Cleveland with me to have signed....that was the beginning of it all for me but I don't want to deal with it on planes or anything so it will only make car trips. I would hate it if anything happened to that. I have carried around my UF cassette though everywhere we've been so far.

Did Bono ever sign your book?

arw9797 said:

where would I find something like that? I've never seen a postcard of it before.

I actually had one, I gave it to a fan back on Popmart. :( I know there are postcards of every single album cover which would obviously include UABRS. I bought a box full of postcards like that at a record show back in the mid 90's. Look at some record stores maybe or online. I'm sure there are some out there.

arw9797 said:

Did Bono ever sign your book?

No I'll probably try to get that signed if I can...I want to get one of the pics I took in Boston signed first though. I figure that we will have a few chances this fall so I want to try for the picture and book for sure. Since those are Bono items I figure the album or cassette would work for any of the other guys. :D

Kariann said:

No I'll probably try to get that signed if I can...I want to get one of the pics I took in Boston signed first though. I figure that we will have a few chances this fall so I want to try for the picture and book for sure. Since those are Bono items I figure the album or cassette would work for any of the other guys. :D

well if anything I could always take one of the items. I got my Bono autograph. I need Edge to sign something other than a tshirt the next time! If those other two ever come out then they can sign my JT CD photo too but I'm not counting on it. I just need to be in front of Edge again :love:

Kariann said:

I keep meaning to tell you about that! I havent watched it though. I did watch some of Tommy Lee Goes to College. :shifty:

I caught some of that also. I guess its like a car wreck, you dont want to look, but something makes you! :laugh:

Blue Room said:

I caught part of that this weekend. He talks about Edge also! :ohmy:

:eek: he did? There must be two episodes because there was no mention of Edge in the show I watched. And that Tommy Lee show is soooooo boring! :yawn: I saw some of it the other night :tsk: :down:

Back
Top Bottom