Randooooooom: #34 - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #466
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I tuned in in the middle of Evan Lysechek's (sp) program. WTF is it doing on ESPN and not ABC where you CAN'T GET AWAY from the commercials for it?!

I have been making fun of Johnny WEir for the last 24 hours or so. And I still have a crush on both Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.
I think I was flipping channels and caught it just after Evan's lp - then I watched a couple of people and went to bed early again .

You didn't miss any of the medal contenders yet tonight . I think that group is coming up next.

My sister is flipping between skating and "I Shouldn't Be Alive" on the Discovery channel .

Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #467
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

ARW what reunion shows did you go to?

I don't even know! I only went to ones in MSP. Actually, they were probably all in St Paul. Must have been late 90's. Nothing in the 00's. There's no way I would go now even if it was free! The drummer situation makes me want to Eric Singer replaced Peter Criss.........AND HIS make up!!!! What a scam!

Gene Simmons fire/blood act has the same effect on me as Edge's NYD solo. Watch out!

Old 03-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #468
ONE
love, blood, life

I just got home from work......
I missed one of my all time favorite dorky movies.........Murder By Death.........
Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 PM   #469
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I don't even know! I only went to ones in MSP. Actually, they were probably all in St Paul. Must have been late 90's. Nothing in the 00's. There's no way I would go now even if it was free! The drummer situation makes me want to Eric Singer replaced Peter Criss.........AND HIS make up!!!! What a scam!

Gene Simmons fire/blood act has the same effect on me as Edge's NYD solo. Watch out!
Peter Criss was the reason I liked KISS briefly. Once he left, I did to.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #470
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
Ok this scene at work has me paranoid....

Me: Working on the computer minding my own business.
Mo the Mgr: *walks up* What's you social security number?
Me: Gives her SS#
Mo the Mgr: *writes in on a mini post it note* Ok thanks! *walks away*

By the way in the call that brought on the attitude (I was in a bad mood to begin with when I went in) the lady was yelling at me and at one point told me that she hoped one day I would become handicapped and had to deal with a person like me.

*mini journal entry*
I would have automatically asked why? about the SS # before I gave it to her........she would have gotten this and a WHY?

Niiiice lady, I feel that you and I are living parallel lives. I had a customer, Trudy, who put me through the same crap. I got a "talking to" on the phone by her and then she asked to talk to the store manager. I gleefully transferred her back to the office.............she came in the other day All I had going through my head was "Ha! I told you so............" A coworker took care of her and I just had this little conversation in my head.....I hope I wasn't too transparent .......
Old 03-24-2006, 09:55 PM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

So it was probably 1996/97/98 in Minnesota only? They played their final shows with the original line up in 2000 I think. Peter left half way through that tour. Ace stayed on though until the 2003 tour when Peter came back, but Ace did not (they toured with Aerosmith). I saw that one, wasnt bad, but not as good as the original line up obviously. I saw the original line up 2 times including the opener at Tiger Stadium. Without Peter AND Ace they should go back to 80's Kiss without the make up or just hang it up. I'm hoping they have chosen the hang it up route.

What makes me more sick than Singer wearing Peters make up is Tommy Thayer wearing Ace's
Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
I just got home from work......
I missed one of my all time favorite dorky movies.........Murder By Death.........
I think I have seen that one. Is Peter Falk in that?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

By the way in the call that brought on the attitude (I was in a bad mood to begin with when I went in) the lady was yelling at me and at one point told me that she hoped one day I would become handicapped and had to deal with a person like me. This all was because we can not call and get her credit card number over the phone unless she is in a store and shows a photo ID. Apparently her handicap would have her limping into the store since she asked if I wanted to see her do that.

*mini journal entry*
Wow, I missed this before. THIS I can relate to! I think your job has alot of similiarities to mine. I deal with this kind of stuff all the time. All you can do is try to move on from it. I know its hard sometimes though. People can be so ridiculous on the phone.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #474
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I think I have seen that one. Is Peter Falk in that?

Truman Capote, David Niven, Eilleen Brennan, Peter Sellers, James Coco...............
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Truman Capote, David Niven, Eilleen Brennan, Peter Sellers, James Coco...............
That is a good one. Isn't Alec Guiness the blind butler?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:11 PM   #476
ONE
love, blood, life

I think I may enjoy the Cheap Detective now........more Peter Falk, this time with Madeline Kahn
Old 03-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #477
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

That is a good one. Isn't Alec Guiness the blind butler?
yes, yes he is
Old 03-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #478
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Watching Worlds...John nicks is banging Sasha Cohen's skate guards on the boards...Coaches banging guards on the boards means I'm in trouble so I'm sitting here thinking, "Wow, he's REALLY upset about that slight two-foot landing!"
Old 03-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #479
arw
Blue Crack Addict

you're talking about Murder By Death!!!!! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 10:57 PM   #480
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

So it was probably 1996/97/98 in Minnesota only? They played their final shows with the original line up in 2000 I think. Peter left half way through that tour. Ace stayed on though until the 2003 tour when Peter came back, but Ace did not (they toured with Aerosmith). I saw that one, wasnt bad, but not as good as the original line up obviously. I saw the original line up 2 times including the opener at Tiger Stadium. Without Peter AND Ace they should go back to 80's Kiss without the make up or just hang it up. I'm hoping they have chosen the hang it up route.

What makes me more sick than Singer wearing Peters make up is Tommy Thayer wearing Ace's

oh my god. I did not know that Ace was out and someone else was wearing the space boots Tommy Thayer?!?!?!

OK I'm going hurl now....I just saw a picture of him with ACE's make up. Shouldn't there be copyright laws on that? Oh wait...Gene and Paul probably own the copyrights to Ace and Peter's makeup.