Randooooooom: #34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I left work early today :shifty:. Of course I was there at 5:45 a.m. this morning so :shrug:.

My big huge work event is over. Huzzah! My feet really, really hurt.

When ticketmaster calls about the "postponed" show, does the automated voice lady have to sound so cheerful about it? :madspit:

kellyahern said:
I left work early today :shifty:. Of course I was there at 5:45 a.m. this morning so :shrug:.

My big huge work event is over. Huzzah! My feet really, really hurt.

When ticketmaster calls about the "postponed" show, does the automated voice lady have to sound so cheerful about it? :madspit:

How did the event go?

I JUST got that ticketmaster phonecall. You're right, why does she have to sound so cheerful........:huh:

My tickets are going back..........I am not hanging onto them in case of rescheduling. I did take pictures of my GA tickets to HI, though.......:reject: I am taking my vacation and going to a nice tropical climate with my friend........an extra day to explore Oahu:yes: instead of standing in a line all day.

I have one more day at my full time job (Monday) and one more day at my part time job (Sunday) and then I am on vacation for 8 days :love: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a break from job #1 so bad right now :crack:

kellyahern said:

Fairly well surprisingly :).

I'm going to hold onto the ticket for now (hope springs eternal :shrug: ). I've cancelled my trip though.
Glad it went well :)

It is too hard to get away from work in the Fall and since we had to have our vacation times submitted already :rolleyes: ........(like I know exactly what I will be doing all year by the end of January :rolleyes: )

I changed one week to April 6-16 already and got the :eyebrow: from my boss..........not going through that again.

arw9797 said:
I have one more day at my full time job (Monday) and one more day at my part time job (Sunday) and then I am on vacation for 8 days :love: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vacations :love: vacations to nice warm climates :love::love:

arw9797 said:

I have one more day of mine...and I am really afraid Russell is going to bail on me tomorrow and I will be by myself. I took 86 calls today and half of those were after he got there. Before the changes I didnt even take that many calls in a month.

shari schultz said:

Glad it went well :)

It is too hard to get away from work in the Fall and since we had to have our vacation times submitted already :rolleyes: ........(like I know exactly what I will be doing all year by the end of January :rolleyes: )

I changed one week to April 6-16 already and got the :eyebrow: from my boss..........not going through that again.

That's the way it is at my mother's job.

For us, it only has to be three days notice (but for major vacation time, of course it should be more notice), but we always have to have our hours covered. That's more of a problem if I wake up feeling sick and I open the place :huh:. It's really hard to "call in" because no one is there yet to open instead of me.

kellyahern said:

That's more of a problem if I wake up feeling sick and I open the place :huh:. It's really hard to "call in" because no one is there yet to open instead of me.

That is how it was for me before we had our changes and I'm not the opener anymore. You almost had to know that you were sick the night before or else I would drag myself in until someone came in next and then leave.

Kariann said:

That is how it was for me before we had our changes and I'm not the opener anymore. You almost had to know that you were sick the night before or else I would drag myself in until someone came in next and then leave.

:yes:

I think there was only once or twice in seven years where I absolutely could not drag myself in and wait an hour for someone to come in. One time, I think I sent my Dad with my keys to get the phone list and called someone's cell when I came down with "the sudden stomach virus from hell/I think I'm going to die" virus :lol:.

shari schultz said:

You really should use one of your vacations............

How was the Egyptian museum exhibit, by the way?

It was pretty good actually. A little smaller than I thought it would be. But its Grand Rapids MI, considering that it was decent size. They had a mock up of one of the burial chambers from the Valley Of The Kings and it was actually VERY realistic when you walked in. Being the :nerd: that I'am on the subject I knew exactly what it looked like for real. I was impressed.

Its all a warm up anyway for Chicago in July and the Tutankhamun exhibit. I'm looking forward to that ALMOST as much as I do U2 tours! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

It was pretty good actually. A little smaller than I thought it would be. But its Grand Rapids MI, considering that it was decent size. They had a mock up of one of the burial chambers from the Valley Of The Kings and it was actually VERY realistic when you walked in. Being the :nerd: that I'am on the subject I knew exactly what it looked like for real. I was impressed.

Its all a warm up anyway for Chicago in July and the Tutankhamun exhibit. I'm looking forward to that ALMOST as much as I do U2 tours! :ohmy:

At our art museum they had a martini party..........$30 for all the martini's you could drink............some art got damaged........smart special events coordinater there:tsk:

shari schultz said:
maybe a "I am going on lots of rollercoasters vacation" for Blue Room.............

That would be awesome! :laugh: :nerd: :reject:

One of my dream things to do for a vacation actually. Unfortunately none of my friends share that same coaster thing that I have. Well, one of my friends loves them also but is married with kids. So taking a week and going to a bunch of parks isnt an option. I have alot of great friends but I'm the "single" friend to all of them. All of my friends are married. :shrug: So it limits what extremes I can do for vacations or the length of time.

Blue Room said:

That would be awesome! :laugh: :nerd: :reject:

One of my dream things to do for a vacation actually. Unfortunately none of my friends share that same coaster thing that I have. Well, one of my friends loves them also but is married with kids. So taking a week and going to a bunch of parks isnt an option. I have alot of great friends but I'm the "single" friend to all of them. All of my friends are married. :shrug: So it limits what extremes I can do for vacations or the length of time.

You have to covertly plan something...........your friend can take his family to a amusement park area and you can accidentally bump into him............:wink: Kind of sounds like something from Everybody Loves Raymond

Kariann said:
Booby is on Emeril tonight cooking kicked up Irish pub grub.

:sad: I missed it! I think it's a repeat from last year. I'll have to watch it at 11......that is if I can stay up that late tonight :yawn: I don't know what it is about Friday nights lately. I'm in bed by 10 and then sleep for 12 hours :der:

shari schultz said:

You have to covertly plan something...........your friend can take his family to a amusement park area and you can accidentally bump into him............:wink: Kind of sounds like something from Everybody Loves Raymond

:laugh: Well he can get away for a day at a time. Typically when I go to Cedar Point 1 time per year ( :( I would go alot more if someone else wanted to go) he is the one that goes. He can get about one Amusement Park trip per year for a day.

My dream vacation involving it would be taking a whole week and going to someplace like Pennsylvania and hitting all the amusement parks there that week (Kennywood, Knoebels, Hersheypark, Dorney Park) or Ohio (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Geauga Lake, Holiday World). There is no way my friend that likes them could pull that off. Oh well, I guess its good to have dream things that probably will never happen. :( :wink:

OK, enough with my :nerd: dom tonight! :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom