Randooooooom: #34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shari schultz said:
Blue Room........GOTCHA :evil:

Not even gonna pretend that we were of the same cut as the Colts or the Pats................but the Vikes........c'mon. That is like a knife to the heart of a Packer fan having them mentioned over the Pack!

:laugh: In my defense I thought of the Vikings because they are almost as bad as the Lions!! I can relate more to them! :laugh: :wink: Plus there are two Vikings fans that post here.

I am not quite sure what I just watched.........Coldplays new video for The Hardest Part.........a little bit on the weird Twin Peak-ish side...........:crack::lol:

Got Philk? said:
Go Bears....(sneaks out)...

Lurkers! :mad:

I actually dont hate the Bears though. A guy on my team at work is a big Bears fan and two of my good friends are from Chicago and are huge Bear fans also.

NFL just isnt my thing. If I had to pick a team it would probably be the Broncos actually. Lived in Colorado for 5 years and those fans are rabid. You kind of get into it if you are around it.

My team is the Michigan Wolverines.

Kariann said:
34662%3B5%3A5%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3236%3E5%3B7%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D32335%3A8699934nu0mrj

:shifty:

I HAD to do it.

You can't see but the right hand was doing the grabbing.

:ohmy: I have a question :hyper:

If you hold it long enough does it melt in your hand...the wax, I'm talking about the wax :shifty:

And speaking of football...

It should be played outdoors but sadly too my local CFL (Canadian Football League) team plays in an indoor stadium and they are called the Lions ~ coincidence :wink:

If choosing a NFL team I am forced to admit that I am a long suffering Seattle Seahawk fan :huh:

Anyways, it's time for bed :wave:

Yay, dad is home!
plus his blood tests came back ok so it looks like things righted themselves .......:up: :)

Somehow all my bills have been bumped to the first 10 days of the month. :happy: Note to self: Wait til the MIDDLE or END of the month next time a car is purchased/leased or a cell phone contract is resigned!

Regular VH-1 is airing VH-1 Classic programming right now. So far I have seen/heard in the background:

How Soon Is Now - The Smiths (never even knew there was a video for this!)
Livin On A Prayer - Bon Jovi :|
Nasty Boys - Janet Jackson

and currently playing

Rock Me Amadeus - Falco (Isnt he deceased now? Seems like I saw that somewhere. )

Sorry, truly my randooooom thought of the moment. :shrug: :reject:

Got Philk? said:
I have a new favorite person. GO BLUE!!!!!! And I'm not lurking. I'm checking you guys out. I'm not too sure about this randooooooom place yet...:wink:
It's cool here. We don't bite...hard. :macdevil:

My state of semi-lurkdom in Pleba has melted my brain.

fah said:

:ohmy: I have a question :hyper:

If you hold it long enough does it melt in your hand...the wax, I'm talking about the wax :shifty:
*did not just think of an M&M's commercial about where things melt*

shari schultz said:
Yay, dad is home!
plus his blood tests came back ok so it looks like things righted themselves .......:up: :)
:D Good!! Glad everything's all right with him!

Schmeg said:
Somehow all my bills have been bumped to the first 10 days of the month. :happy: Note to self: Wait til the MIDDLE or END of the month next time a car is purchased/leased or a cell phone contract is resigned!

I feel your pain:|

OMG I know Miss Rhode Island USA. :crack:

RI06crown2.jpg

ETS: I think she goes on to the Miss USA pageant, not Miss America, but still. :crack:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

and currently playing

Rock Me Amadeus - Falco (Isnt he deceased now? Seems like I saw that somewhere. )

Sorry, truly my randooooom thought of the moment. :shrug: :reject:

A few years ago on vacation, I was driving with my 5 year old niece in the car and Falco came on the radio. My niece piped up, "He died in a motorcycle accident."

How does a five year old know that? :yikes:

kellyahern said:

A few years ago on vacation, I was driving with my 5 year old niece in the car and Falco came on the radio. My niece piped up, "He died in a motorcycle accident."

How does a five year old know that? :yikes:

I think I heard it on one of those VH-1 shows. "One Hit Wonders" or "Where Are They Now" type deals.

It must be 80's hour or something, all 80's artists since 7.

kellyahern said:

That's better, because Miss USA can go onto become Miss Universe :yes:.

My sister and I liked to watch pageants when we were in grade school :reject:.

I'm glad your dad is doing better shari :up: :hug:
I did not know that. Cool! :up: Maybe I know the future Miss Universe! :lol:

Stalking people via Google...
Leeann has been an athlete her whole life and grew up the only girl of three boys. She always wanted to be a hockey player like her brothers, but her father signed her up for figure skating instead at the age of six. By the age of nine, Leeann was on her first synchronized figure skating team. By the 8th grade, she was competing annually at the United States Figure Skating Precision Team Championships. By 2000, she was part of making the sport to the Olympic level. They then switched it to Synchronized Figure Skating so it was applicable in all languages.

By consistently finishing in the top three, the RI team secured a spot on the USFSA national team, which would go on to compete for the USA in international competitions. In 1997, the "Superettes" went on to take the international title home at the Swedish Precision International. In 1999, they went on to take the USFSA National title home, something that had not been won on the East Coast in 16 years. Figure Skating consisted of 25-30 hours a week training aside from school. She would go on and compete 4 times a year, Sectionals, Easterns, Nationals and Internationals. They won numerous titles and all the competitions were preliminaries to the next one.

Leeann’s team was also an exhibitioner at the Ice Capades. They participated at many prestigious events, and traveled the world. Aside from skating, Leeann also was a varsity athlete in high school. She played field hockey, ran track, played volleyball, golfed and has gone skydiving.
Didn't know about the Ice Capades thing.

I skated with her on the premier season of the Superettes senior line (so I guess I was also instrumental in taking Synchro to the Olympic level ;) )...she told me I was a "tough cookie" because whenever I fell, no matter how hard I went down (or into the wall at 25 miles an hour), I got right up and back in my spot.

:sigh: The glory days of WFS Synchro. We used to be one of the best clubs in the world. Now they can't get off the East Coast.

I just realized I'll also be in her video she's sending to Miss USA because she came to the rink one morning a few weeks ago to demonstrate synchro with some of her old team mates...Unfortunately it was during my lesson so even though they asked me to be part of the demonstration I wasn't available, but I'm SURE Barbara and I got in the way at one point or another!

/journal entry

Last edited:
:yikes: I'm going to see QUEEN on Sunday night. :scared:

My brother has 2 tickets and none of his friends can go. His one friend that he thought was going has a new baby at home and decided he better not go. So...my brother called last night and asked if I would go. I couldn't say no. I don't like Queen...never have and can't say I ever will but it should be fun. :hmm: I wonder who replaced Freddie. It'll be weird going to a concert and not hearing U2 songs. I wonder if they'll play Arcade Fire before the band goes on stage! :der:

arw9797 said:
:yikes: I'm going to see QUEEN on Sunday night. :scared:

My brother has 2 tickets and none of his friends can go. His one friend that he thought was going has a new baby at home and decided he better not go. So...my brother called last night and asked if I would go. I couldn't say no. I don't like Queen...never have and can't say I ever will but it should be fun. :hmm: I wonder who replaced Freddie. It'll be weird going to a concert and not hearing U2 songs. I wonder if they'll play Arcade Fire before the band goes on stage! :der:

Maybe you not liking them before will be a good thing. I liked them a lot in high school (blame Wayne's World :reject: ), so the idea of seeing them with someone else is just kind of weird to me . . . but if someone offered me a free ticket I'd go :wink:.

Btw, the bassist (John Deacon) retired/left, so it's only like half of Queen :nerd:.

Queen was my favourite band all through high school :heart: I saw them 3 times in concert. I would go if someone offered me a free ticket :yes:

Paul Rodgers of Free/Bad Company fame is the lead singer now. Someone else here just went to see them and wrote about it in their journal :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom