randooooooom - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

last year when we were in Chicago it was $40 from our hotel into downtown. So I keep using that as a reference for how much money I'd need this time around. But we're staying downtown so it won't cost too much and the arena isn't too far from our hotel. It's too far to walk but it's not far.
We never had a fare of over $7 in NYC this weekend and our first driver took us the total ass-backwards way to the hotel...we're dividing by 3 so it shouldn't be too bad.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #332
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 04:00 AM
Quote:

last year when we were in Chicago it was $40 from our hotel into downtown. So I keep using that as a reference for how much money I'd need this time around. But we're staying downtown so it won't cost too much and the arena isn't too far from our hotel. It's too far to walk but it's not far.
I was confused. No I wouldnt think it would cost that much if we are closer to our destination. It should be half that at most I would think.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #333
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I just think he's probably not a weirdo like me who is online all the time. If I email Alli it could be days before she responds sometimes. She'll finally email and say she hasn't been online for a few days. SHe does not have email at her work just home. I can't imagine not turning on my computer for a few days.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #334
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I could be tempted into knocking back a few, actually...I'm writing my journal entry from the weekend and thinking about how much I drank Saturday night and feeling queesey all over again...just keep me away from any open bars!!

I might have to sway you into one! Actually I should buy you one in general for the extra work you are going to for me.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #335
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

We never had a fare of over $7 in NYC this weekend and our first driver took us the total ass-backwards way to the hotel...we're dividing by 3 so it shouldn't be too bad.
yeah I don't remember spending too much on cabfare in NYC or Chicago when I've been there in the past. I just kept thinking of my last cab experience and that was $40+ a few times.

I don't think the hotel has a shuttle I didnt see that option when I booked but I'll check again. Then it will be $40 to and from the airport unless we want to figure out the subway thingy with our luggage.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:45 PM   #336
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

yeah I don't remember spending too much on cabfare in NYC or Chicago when I've been there in the past. I just kept thinking of my last cab experience and that was $40+ a few times.

I don't think the hotel has a shuttle I didnt see that option when I booked but I'll check again. Then it will be $40 to and from the airport unless we want to figure out the subway thingy with our luggage.
I dont think we'll have to worry about the monstrous cabfare we had the last time. We could easily do this trip cheaper since we can have some free afternoon entertainment before the show and some window shopping on Sunday.

I was just wondering about the shuttle thing.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I might have to sway you into one! Actually I should buy you one in general for the extra work you are going to for me.
The MulletMailMan should buy us both drinks for the anguish!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #338
arw
Blue Crack Addict

there's no hotel shuttle and it says that a trip from Ohare would run about $40.00
Old 05-04-2005, 07:51 PM   #339
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

The MulletMailMan should buy us both drinks for the anguish!
Damn right.

By the way I've had to deal with the old mail dude at our post office the last few times I've gone in and he bugs me. He assumes that anytime I have something to send I'm and ebay person and makes a snarky comment. I almost told him...dude the postal service should embrace ebayers as they are bringing them money in the age of online bill payment in order to avoid postage.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Damn right.

By the way I've had to deal with the old mail dude at our post office the last few times I've gone in and he bugs me. He assumes that anytime I have something to send I'm and ebay person and makes a snarky comment. I almost told him...dude the postal service should embrace ebayers as they are bringing them money in the age of online bill payment in order to avoid postage.
No kidding, the internet really keeps the postal service afloat, strangely enough...e-mail may have replaced letters but there's E-bay, bootleg b&p's...all sorts of things!

Except when they lose stuff.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #341
ONE
love, blood, life

I have to go mail something for my mom tomorrow after work and I bet you anything I get him again.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #342
ONE
love, blood, life

I was going to do something and forgot what it was.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Do I really have to go to work tomorrow? Who am I working with? Oh yikes, probably High Mantenance Lady and I'll have to babysit her all morning and I'll be ready to run for my meeting...
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 PM   #344
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Do I really have to go to work tomorrow? Who am I working with? Oh yikes, probably High Mantenance Lady and I'll have to babysit her all morning and I'll be ready to run for my meeting...
You could go to work for me and have to deal with the sex obcessed corner....that corner scares me....and the crack boy apparently got into a fight with his new neighbors or something and it involved him throwing an apple at a childs head in anger. Then there is my favorite person...Ms. M. I hate my job right now.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You could go to work for me and have to deal with the sex obcessed corner....that corner scares me....and the crack boy apparently got into a fight with his new neighbors or something and it involved him throwing an apple at a childs head in anger. Then there is my favorite person...Ms. M. I hate my job right now.
I'll trade you the HML for the SOC. I'm not kidding.

You have to work with her tomorrow? That stinks.