Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my friend works at a bakery and said her boss asked her if she knew anyone that needed a part time afternoon job. Why yes, she does know someone. So after stopping there last week and also calling her a few times, I finally got the owner on the phone today. She apologized countless times about not calling me back as they are swamped right now which is why she needs to hire someone. She said just as I called a delivery guy walked in and she needed to talk to him about her order but she was very interested in talking to me so she'd call me back in 5 minutes. She confirmed my phone number and said she'd call right back. That was two hours ago :happy: I've been sitting here doing nothing for two hours waiting for my phone to ring. :angry:

Monday nights are so hard...slept in this morning, lounged around all afternoon/evening. Can't get to bed early but I have to because the 4 am alarm clock will be going off soon :crack:

:happy: she appreciates my assertiveness and great communication but at this time she's going to just have an old team member come back. However, she'd like to hang onto my info and will call me after the holidays. WTF. How do you go from needing someone on last Thursday to start asap this week to all of a sudden having an old team member (I've never even heard it phrased that way in the pastry world...) that's available? She has my name, number, and email address. I never even got the chance to show her my resume so is she really going to remember why she has a random name, number, and email address after the holidays? :angry:

In other news...my current job just might have gotten super busy. Maybe. They want to add more stuff to their bakery case. Like a lot more stuff so hopefully I will be working more hours there.

How annoying. :angry:

:happy: she appreciates my assertiveness and great communication but at this time she's going to just have an old team member come back. However, she'd like to hang onto my info and will call me after the holidays. WTF. How do you go from needing someone on last Thursday to start asap this week to all of a sudden having an old team member (I've never even heard it phrased that way in the pastry world...) that's available? She has my name, number, and email address. I never even got the chance to show her my resume so is she really going to remember why she has a random name, number, and email address after the holidays? :angry:

In other news...my current job just might have gotten super busy. Maybe. They want to add more stuff to their bakery case. Like a lot more stuff so hopefully I will be working more hours there.

How annoying. :angry:
:huh::huh:

OMG I think I have a skating job that's closer and with better communication and follow-up (and therefore more certain) than my last potential skating job.

Tell me about it. My idiot employee has reached new heights of idiocy :banghead:

Sorry about the job Amanda, but hopefully you'll get more hours like you said about your current place.

Sending good thoughts to Schmeg for the skating job :up:
Ahhh idiot employee lives on :crack:
Hang in there. Try to find the funny. That is how I am surviving.

Lily used to watch Animal Planet and freak out it. So I've been trying to get Wesley to pay attention to AP so he has something to occupy his time with now that the ducks are gone for the season. No luck. He doesn't even flinch when he sees another cat on the TV. But I did notice that anytime a commercial with bright flashing colorful stuff comes on he perks up. So now we're watching Cartoon Network and he LOVES it. Maybe I can keep the tv on in the family room for him during the day and he'll stay out of trouble....maybe.

weird...won't let me edit my post. I was going to add that I can totally do without watching cartoons but anything for my baby. He's currently ripping a hole in my desk chair. :happy: Once he's done he'll hop back up on the end of my bed and watch tv. It's cute.

Cat destructo in action again :happy:
Haven't watched the Cartoon Network in ages. I miss Bugs Bunny and company along with Scooby

AT & T sucks.
Parents have been without land line since Tuesday when I phoned in report. They said they would have it fixed between Tuesday and Thursday at 8 pm. Last night when I was out w/ friends ATT called me........er rather it was a recorded voice. "We are unfortunately unable to keep repair appt. We will reschedule it between 8 & 5 Friday.
No one has been here yet :|. I called again and they still say it will be fixed by 4:54 pm today. :waiting:

Yep I read that too.
5:03 and no service call on rescheduled appt. 4:54 was the promised time. Nope.
!!!!!!!

On AT&T expedite list for tomorrow :|
Began to tweet about how awful they were and got response from rep. We will see where this goes

we have Qwest here (and in Phoenix) and never had any problems. However...Comcast customer service blows big time. They say they are coming for an appointment, never show up, and then when you call to complain about the missed appointment they say their records don't show you ever had an appointment or that you ever even called the first time with an issue. :crack: :barf: Must be nice to be able to treat your customers like crap because you know you are the only one in the area that provides a certain service so your customers are stuck with you....

apparently the great blizzard of the century is on the way. :angry: My work is closed tomorrow, tickets to a show have been changed (thankfully the museum let us change it since we called ahead to inquire about snow related cancellations). I was really looking forward to a few cocktails tomorrow night. I do have beer in the fridge but it's not the same. I'm not excited about an unpaid day off but I am looking forward to sleeping in, well minus Wesley's 4 am breakfast. He won't forget, trust me :happy: I'm going to clean, clean, clean tomorrow. Maybe......:der:

oh and for whatever ridiculous reason my dad wants me to help him snowblow the driveway tomorrow. WTF :angry: We have a service that does that for us! Even if we get every single flake of snow off of our driveway and sidewalk, our plow service still has to do the streets so we're stuck. The city plow will plow the cross street and block the entrance into the townhouse community so we're stuck inside until the people that we pay to plow for us come. I'm NOT going outside to move a single flake of snow until I have to clean my car off and move it on the street for the plow. Someday I'll have to shovel or snowblow again since I don't plan on being here forever. But for now I'm certainly going to take advantage of this and sit indoors with my feet up! My dad can knock himself out in the frigid cold....along with the rest of the old men in the neighborhood that will be doing the same thing.

cleaning....not so much. I did a little. We're out of laundry soap. I buy the perfume free stuff, which is not cheap even the Target brand. The parents buy whatever is on sale. They ran out so they just used up all of mine. :| They'll replace, that's not the issue. I'm stuck at home with nothing to do and can't do any laundry. Or clean Wesley's box because I'm out of litter. I'm also out of diet Mt Dew. I really did not prepare for this blizzard! :madwife: :angry:

well everyone I know is trapped inside their houses. The only people going out are the ones that work in the medical or snow removal fields. At one point today snow plows were ordered off the roads because it was too windy and still snowing. Can't drive in blowing snow when it's snowing buckets. The trade off to living here in conditions like this is that from mid March-around Thanksgiving, it's just beautiful here. The lakes in the summer more than make up for the cold and snow. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of!

Wesley is on snow patrol right now. He wants to chase every single flake of snow that moves. There's currently at least one zillion moving at the same time so he's very busy and has no time for his mama :sad:

Back
Top Bottom