Randoooooomers hunkering down for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my papa isn't doing so well. My mom just came from the nursing home and they are going to do what they can to make him comfortable :sad: He turned 96 a few weeks ago. But they also said it might not be anything sudden. I really hate it when they give you the line of it could happen today or it could happen a year from now. :sigh:

my papa isn't doing so well. My mom just came from the nursing home and they are going to do what they can to make him comfortable :sad: He turned 96 a few weeks ago. But they also said it might not be anything sudden. I really hate it when they give you the line of it could happen today or it could happen a year from now. :sigh:
I am sorry to hear that :hug:. Are you going to go see him?

yeah I'm going tomorrow and Sunday. Have to work a few jobs on Sat so I can't go unless it's urgent. I see him weekly with my parents and siblings anyways but I'm going to make it a point to go as much as I can now. My dad thinks it will be soon but my mom is a little more optimistic. Either way he's 96, wheelchair bound, can't hear, can barely see, can only eat mashed foods, drink thickened liquids....I think he's ready. My mom told my sister that he's ready to dance in the streets with my grandma again :sad:

I'm just not ready to give him up because that's like losing my beautiful, sweet, dearly missed grandma all over again. With him here it's like a part of her is still here.

yeah I'm going tomorrow and Sunday. Have to work a few jobs on Sat so I can't go unless it's urgent. I see him weekly with my parents and siblings anyways but I'm going to make it a point to go as much as I can now. My dad thinks it will be soon but my mom is a little more optimistic. Either way he's 96, wheelchair bound, can't hear, can barely see, can only eat mashed foods, drink thickened liquids....I think he's ready. My mom told my sister that he's ready to dance in the streets with my grandma again :sad:

I'm just not ready to give him up because that's like losing my beautiful, sweet, dearly missed grandma all over again. With him here it's like a part of her is still here.

That is a beautiful image, dancing the streets w/ your grandma.
~ I'm waiting here I'm ready for you~ were the lyrics to a song I was listening to as I read that.

:hug: Amanda :hug:

I'm sorry to hear this, Amanda. Losing those we love sucks. :sad:

saw my Papa today. He was sitting up and drinking his thickened water. He's definitely out of it but doesn't look like we should be any more concerned about him than we were a few weeks ago. He also ate all of his meals today which he did not do yesterday. So...gonna take that off of my immediate things to panic about but I'm still going there as much as possible to see him.

had to go to the little Inn that I worked at last year as the pastry chef to get my W2. I have been trying to get in touch with my former coworker that I spent a lot of time with last year going to bakeries on our day off but she doesn't return my calls. Well found out that as of last Friday they CLOSED the pastry shop in the hotel! They just outsource using frozen items they can defrost and plate up. Yummers. Sounds like something I'd want to eat at a historic inn. The front of house manager said I could go back to the shop to take a look. Most of the equipment is gone. So weird. Big mistake on the owners part. It's a tiny historic inn that's been there for well over 100 years. Part of the charm is the 100% scratch kitchen because each piece looks a little homemade. Now it looks like factory food like any chain restaurant. :(

saw my Papa today and at this point I'm really annoyed with the nursing home. I know it's there job to prepare us for the worst but he's totally fine right now. His voice was strong and he knew who we were. I'm glad he's better but I know at his age anything can happen.

So annoyed the federal tax stuff isn't available yet unless you go online. I refuse to print that much out and waste my ink :angry: I also refuse to buy turbo tax or anything like that. I like the old fashion way of getting the books in the mail and then giving everything to my brother to do the work for me :reject::der:

I know what you mean about taxes. I prefer getting the books too. Neither Federal or State were mailed to me. I got a postcard suggesting e-file but if I didn't want to do that the library would have the books.

and once again it's snowed on my day off. :happy:

The good news is tomorrow is Feb 1st. We made it through the month of January with some decent temps for this time of year. Seven weeks til it's officially spring. :drool:

I know what you mean about taxes. I prefer getting the books too. Neither Federal or State were mailed to me. I got a postcard suggesting e-file but if I didn't want to do that the library would have the books.

I have my state stuff. I stopped at the library yesterday and there's notes all over the place saying the Fed stuff is late this year and they were told it should arrive by Feb 1st but as of Fri Jan 28 they had not received the official word that their shipment had been sent out. So basically they don't know when it's coming at all. My mom said there's an apple app for taxes but I haven't made it to the app store yet to check that out. I refuse to pay for it so if it's not free then I guess I'll wait.

Here, too, but I'm sure not as bad as MN. We are having a good old-fashioned blizzard, much snow, freezing graupel, winds and drifting. Today is my first official day of retirement from the university, and it closed because of the weather. :lol: I'm just glad we don't have to go anywhere today or tomorrow.

Here, too, but I'm sure not as bad as MN. We are having a good old-fashioned blizzard, much snow, freezing graupel, winds and drifting. Today is my first official day of retirement from the university, and it closed because of the weather. :lol: I'm just glad we don't have to go anywhere today or tomorrow.

so what are you going to do with yourself now that you're a retired lady?

I want to retire! :reject:

Store closed early. I would have whined and whined and whined if it hadn't. Honestly didn't think they would. Why? Because they are not closing early for the Super Bowl. A company based out of PA w/ the Steelers in it and a corporate office in WI with the Packers in it and they are not closing early. Idiots.

I have off for 4 days beginning Friday sooo.........I just feel bad for my co-workers.

Store closed early. I would have whined and whined and whined if it hadn't. Honestly didn't think they would. Why? Because they are not closing early for the Super Bowl. A company based out of PA w/ the Steelers in it and a corporate office in WI with the Packers in it and they are not closing early. Idiots.

I have off for 4 days beginning Friday sooo.........I just feel bad for my co-workers.

do they think there will be any business on Sunday night? What time do they close? I wish the SB was earlier in the day so my family could have a little gathering like we did way back when. But everyone will want to be home at a decent hour for work on Monday so it'll just be me and Wes :happy:

..........and did I mention blizzards are fun? :happy:

People are idiots. Had guy pissed off cuz we (the mall too) were closing early, 5. ""I thought I had more time than I do to find sheets""They said we were supposed to get 7 inches last night, I only got 2............this is all hype. They are gonna feel real dumb when we only get 2 inches". First I just stared at him. Then I let him know that I had 6 inches with drifts of 10 inches.............I was looking forward to getting home safe and sound before the next round hit.

Um..........odd noises outside :uhoh:

I can feel the wind thru the walls and the window right now........it isn't even the worst of it. Thunder snow is creepy.

do they think there will be any business on Sunday night? What time do they close? I wish the SB was earlier in the day so my family could have a little gathering like we did way back when. But everyone will want to be home at a decent hour for work on Monday so it'll just be me and Wes :happy:
We are open till 7.

..........and did I mention blizzards are fun? :happy:

People are idiots. Had guy pissed off cuz we (the mall too) were closing early, 5. ""I thought I had more time than I do to find sheets""They said we were supposed to get 7 inches last night, I only got 2............this is all hype. They are gonna feel real dumb when we only get 2 inches". First I just stared at him. Then I let him know that I had 6 inches with drifts of 10 inches.............I was looking forward to getting home safe and sound before the next round hit.

Um..........odd noises outside :uhoh:

I can feel the wind thru the walls and the window right now........it isn't even the worst of it. Thunder snow is creepy.

we had snow yesterday and super cold weather the rest of the week but so far nothing like what you guys have/Chicago has. But ya never know. I also didn't watch the news tonight so it could be coming. :yikes:

We are open till 7.

oh that's real smart! :der: Why not at least close at 5?!?! :down: I can't imagine they are going to make any money after about 4:00 anyways.

Just looked outside ~ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH un-friggin' believable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

. PARALYZING BLIZZARD CONTINUES IN SOUTHEAST AND SOUTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN...

EVEN THOUGH BLIZZARD WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT AND MOST ROADS ARE IMPASSIBLE OVER A WIDE AREA DUE TO 5 TO 10 FOOT DRIFTS... WE ARE RECEIVING REPORTS OF PEOPLE ATTEMPTING TO COMMUTE TO WORK THIS MORNING.

A CIVIL DANGER EMERGENCY HAS BEEN ISSUED BY THE STATE OF WISCONSIN EOC ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. INTERSTATE 43 IS CLOSED FROM MILWAUKEE TO THE ILLINOIS BORDER. INTERSTATE 94 IS CLOSED FROM MILWAUKEE TO THE ILLINOIS BORDER.

WE ANTICIPATE THAT MAXIMUM DRIFTS OF 10 TO 15 FEET ARE POSSIBLE FROM MILWAUKEE TO MUKWONAGO TO ELKHORN ON SOUTH. UP TO 2 FEET OF ADDITIONAL SNOW HAS FALLEN IN THIS AREA.

WE HAVE NUMEROUS REPORTS OF STRANDED MOTORISTS AND THESE NUMBERS ARE ACTUALLY INCREASING. GIVEN THAT EVEN NATIONAL GUARD VEHICLES ARE STUCK IN THE SNOW... THE SITUATION IS CERTAINLY LIFE THREATENING.

EVEN AS THE SNOW LETS UP DURING THE MORNING... THE HUGE DRIFTS THAT ARE BLOCKING ALL ROADS MAKE THEM IMPASSIBLE TO ANYTHING EXCEPT PERHAPS SNOWMOBILES. EMERGENCY VEHICLES MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REACH STRANDED MOTORISTS FOR SOME TIME.

snOMG!
It. Is. Unreal.
I have never seen anything like it.
The plow came down street..........if you like to ski, c'mon over. We got the hills.

^No it wasn't fun. It wasn't even tolerable when I was out this morning shoveling. Usually I can get in the mode and deal with it. Could not get there this morning. Have some kind of bug that started to emerge during the middle of the night last night.
Ick. This better pass soon.

Back
Top Bottom