randoooooom: you are dead to me - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #286
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Message is nice. It is a reasonable love song. It's not just.... I love you. It's I want to say I love you, but I can't, it's a bit too difficult - it's complicated. Which is life

Neil writes georgous love songs. But he hates them. I think he has written 3 love songs in 30 years.

I've gotta send you Fraction Too Much Friction. You will either hate it or love it. Whatever way you will think its dorky.
awww, that's so dorky and sweet

send it!!! dorky songs
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:51 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
I'm upping it.

You don't get the whole dorky nature without the video... but you will get the general idea. This is Tim Finn's first solo single. It again was huge. Very funky.
__________________

__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #288
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
I'm upping it.

You don't get the whole dorky nature without the video... but you will get the general idea. This is Tim Finn's first solo single. It again was huge. Very funky.


oh now i'm getting solo stuff? no more enz?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:55 AM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes



oh now i'm getting solo stuff? no more enz?
This was made during Enz. It was written while the Enz were on tour... but didn't fit with the band. Escapade was like Passangers I suppose.

More Enz on the way, including Neil's best Enz song which Axver & I fawn over.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:57 AM   #290
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
This was made during Enz. It was written while the Enz were on tour... but didn't fit with the band. Escapade was like Passangers I suppose.

More Enz on the way, including Neil's best Enz song which Axver & I fawn over.
so far i can tell you i prefer split enz over crowded house. i do like some of the crowded house songs you sent me though. but it's not a surprise as i prefer early 80s music over mid to late 80s music in general.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 AM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Yeah. Enz are more Duranie (from what I gather). Very 80's Nu-Wave (at least from the 3rd album on... the first 2 albums would blow your mind).
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:02 AM   #292
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Yeah. Enz are more Duranie (from what I gather). Very 80's Nu-Wave (at least from the 3rd album on... the first 2 albums would blow your mind).
what were their first two albums?

i just remembered a little tidbit on dd's site when a fan asked them what it was like opening for split enz:

Hi, A question for Nick regarding Duran Duran opening for Split Enz in 1981. Were you a fan of Split Enz and was it a learning experience touring with them. In 2002 at a Neil Finn NY show at the Irving Plaza he mentioned that it was great having Duran Duran open for them in 1981 and how few years later Split Enz called it a day while Duran Duran went on to acheive tremendous success. Thanks, Munadel.

"We were thrilled to be opening for Split Enz as both John and I were fans and had seen the band play at Birmingham Barbarellas during Punk Days. As for learning, you learn something from every show you play! NR"

(NR is nick rhodes btw)
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:06 AM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
http://s22.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2NX3P7V3YVGTD2T3R885AJAAZN

Fraction Too Much Friction - Tim Finn - Escapade
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:12 AM   #294
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
interesting
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:14 AM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

what were their first two albums?

i just remembered a little tidbit on dd's site when a fan asked them what it was like opening for split enz:

Hi, A question for Nick regarding Duran Duran opening for Split Enz in 1981. Were you a fan of Split Enz and was it a learning experience touring with them. In 2002 at a Neil Finn NY show at the Irving Plaza he mentioned that it was great having Duran Duran open for them in 1981 and how few years later Split Enz called it a day while Duran Duran went on to acheive tremendous success. Thanks, Munadel.

"We were thrilled to be opening for Split Enz as both John and I were fans and had seen the band play at Birmingham Barbarellas during Punk Days. As for learning, you learn something from every show you play! NR"

(NR is nick rhodes btw)



Thanks for that. Neil & Tim are very gracious about things like that. They are so well respected in music circles on some huge level. I mean Johnny Marr (Smiths), Eddie Vedder (PJ), Phil Selway, Ed O'Brien (RHead), Sheryl Crow, Jim Monguine (Midnight Oil), Paul McCartney, members of Wilco, Bic Runga these are the kind of guys that want to collaborate with them. Every gig I go to I run into famous Aussie musicians, Peter Garret, Jet, Jimmy Barnes (who you would know being a INXS groupie - he is like a God in Aus). So yeah nearly all muso's dig them the only guy who has bagged them is Johnny Rotten... and well... not much cred.

Thanks for that info. History Never Repeats is coming. It rules all
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 AM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
interesting
Groovy, corny & dorky.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #297
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius


Thanks for that. Neil & Tim are very gracious about things like that. They are so well respected in music circles on some huge level. I mean Johnny Marr (Smiths), Eddie Vedder (PJ), Phil Selway, Ed O'Brien (RHead), Sheryl Crow, Jim Monguine (Midnight Oil), Paul McCartney, members of Wilco, Bic Runga these are the kind of guys that want to collaborate with them. Every gig I go to I run into famous Aussie musicians, Peter Garret, Jet, Jimmy Barnes (who you would know being a INXS groupie - he is like a God in Aus). So yeah nearly all muso's dig them the only guy who has bagged them is Johnny Rotten... and well... not much cred.

Thanks for that info. History Never Repeats is coming. It rules all
you're welcome. you're lucky to run into famous people. unfortunately i've never run into any famous people at any concerts. other than meeting dd's opening act, stimulator, this past time, i've never met any musicians. once my ex swore he saw kevin bacon as we were walking past tower records but he's not a proper musician anyway, so.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:21 AM   #298
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Groovy, corny & dorky.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i've never run into any famous people at any concerts. other than meeting dd's opening act, stimulator, this past time, i've never met any musicians. once my ex swore he saw kevin bacon as we were walking past tower records but he's not a proper musician anyway, so.
Every concert

I even met Sam Neill at theirs last year. Famous actor... Jurrassic Park, Wimbeldon, AI.
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 AM   #300
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Every concert

I even met Sam Neill at theirs last year. Famous actor... Jurrassic Park, Wimbeldon, AI.
sure, rub it in.

i remember him from jurassic park
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com