Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just had my dad drive me to the stadium so I know exactly where to go this weekend. Once we got there I was like :doh: I KNOW exactly where I am but it was still nice to be the passenger so I could be on the lookout for any signs of the claw...nothing yet. Anyways I swear he was tempted to keep going about a half hour into Wisconsin to get beer. It's so freaking gross out and just a perfect day for a nice cold bottle of beer. We have nothing in the house and we're a dry state on Sundays unless you go to a bar :madwife: Stores are all closed because of some ancient dumb ass law. :angry::angry::angry: I'm so annoyed with myself that I didn't go out last night. I could walk to the liquor store from my house. :sigh:

Sent a PM to Sicy; hopefully she'll take care of it.

Hot here, too--I haven't even been outside all day. I can't imagine how those people at Busch Stadium in St. Louis will stand it. A friend of mine from STL says that the deck put down on the field is aluminum, and that they're warning people not to wear flip-flops because of the heat. What *were* they thinking?

I should be at that show tonight :grumpy: I was still deciding as of Thursday night when I almost hit "purchase" on a ticket. I'm really bummed tonight but I think in the long run I'll be happy with myself when I'm able to purchase a shiny new car in a few months. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :sigh:

Just colored my hair....hair cut on Weds. Cannot wait to look like "me" again. I haven't done either in months. What a mess :crazy: This smilie is literally my hair these days.

Me, too, Kelly--when they tell people not to wear flip-flops cos the aluminum deck they covered the field with may melt them, that is *way* too hot! Setlist party says that Bono took off his jacket and changed shirts, so it MUST be hot! :lol:

National Ice Cream Day.......butter pecan or coconut pineapple :hmm:
Compared to the past couple days it is absolutely frigid here, 80 degrees 89 degree heat index. Tomorrow I am afraid of 97 - 100 degrees with heat index 112 :crack:
Dinner plans tomorrow night.........once I hit the great outdoors after work, my appetite is gonna disappear.

Soon alot of Interference-ers will be in MN..........I will be working Saturday night thinking of all of you :)

National Ice Cream Day.......butter pecan or coconut pineapple :hmm:
Compared to the past couple days it is absolutely frigid here, 80 degrees 89 degree heat index. Tomorrow I am afraid of 97 - 100 degrees with heat index 112 :crack:
Dinner plans tomorrow night.........once I hit the great outdoors after work, my appetite is gonna disappear.

not a big butter pecan fan....too rich. But I'll take coconut pineapple :drool: Actually I'd kill for some mint chocolate chip right now. I thought about getting something at Target today but I had to stop for gas on the way home and I was at the Target by work. If I would have gone to a store close to home then I would have for sure. :shifty: Maybe I can talk my dad into going out later. :reject: If not....we have some fantastic popsicles from Edy that we got at Costco. They are more like a fruit smoothie :love:

And yes it's hot as hell but today doesn't feel as bad without the sun. Still feels like you're standing under a hair dryer tho.

I wish you were coming on Sat :( I'm getting so excited. I wasn't until last night when I stayed up waaaaay past my bedtime to watch B&E on Letterman. Also my boss has reached acceptance over the fact that I'm leaving early on Sat so I can relax a little about working.

Oh to be rich instead of beautiful ;) I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Glad your boss has accepted the situation.

Have been totally nonproductive for 2 days now. Just felt like doing not much. As icky as it was outside last night, I really enjoyed sitting there watching the girls play baseball.......playoff season has begun.

Your dew point in Minneapolis was 83 today.........Dubai's dew point was 82. You beat the Middle East.

my cat is completely psycho right now....it's both a blessing and curse to live on pond. The activity keeps him occupied and busy all the time but unfortunately sometimes it creates a little too much stimulation and he's bouncing all over the place trying to get at the wildlife outside. :yikes: I like that he'll run back and forth between the floors so he gets plenty of exercise along with playing soccer with his toys. But he's very noisy and destructive too. He's too cute for words but right now he needs to settle down! I need quiet time!

Oh to be rich instead of beautiful ;) I'd be there in a heartbeat.
Glad your boss has accepted the situation.

Have been totally nonproductive for 2 days now. Just felt like doing not much. As icky as it was outside last night, I really enjoyed sitting there watching the girls play baseball.......playoff season has begun.

Your dew point in Minneapolis was 83 today.........Dubai's dew point was 82. You beat the Middle East.

it's not so bad out today...really :yikes: I haven't been out since about 1 but it wasn't so bad this morning since the sun wasn't out. Still super hot but not nearly as bad as it was the past few days. Also it got pitch black around 10 this morning like we were going to get the storm of the century. It barely rained and then got light again. It was weird.

my cat is completely psycho right now....it's both a blessing and curse to live on pond. The activity keeps him occupied and busy all the time but unfortunately sometimes it creates a little too much stimulation and he's bouncing all over the place trying to get at the wildlife outside. :yikes: I like that he'll run back and forth between the floors so he gets plenty of exercise along with playing soccer with his toys. But he's very noisy and destructive too. He's too cute for words but right now he needs to settle down! I need quiet time!

Wally usually does the running full speed throughout the house thing at 4am :yikes:.

Wally usually does the running full speed throughout the house thing at 4am :yikes:.

I'm going to change his name to Rudolph because his nose is so red from running around! It was pure white when I got home today so I know he must have been sleeping for a while but it's been hot pink since I got here.

spicy noodles for dinner....my tummy is on fire right now :(

also....I'm FREEZING! :der: have the a/c on full blast and my ceiling fan. I'm ready to get a hoodie!

Freezing sounds good to be about now. It's hotter than hell's kitchen out there (96, 78 dewpoint, 110 heat index), and supposed to be worse tomorrow and Thursday.

And there's talk of electricity grid strain and possible rolling black-outs. TFH!

Jim Cantore tweeted:
Moorhead Arpt, Minnesota has a TEMP of 95 and a Dewpoint of 88 thus creating a HEAT INDEX of 134 degrees!! Data compliments of Adam Dean/TWC

:crack:

Our low tomorrow night is supposed to be 79
Northern WI has a ton of bad storms right now. Tornado warnings. We need rain but the tornado crap can go away.

my dearest Gene.....we were doing so well with the tweets lately that I was able to follow you again. Until today. Holy :censored: hell dude. Seriously. I have no freaking clue what any of the tweets say but we're done again for now.

Jim Cantore tweeted:
Moorhead Arpt, Minnesota has a TEMP of 95 and a Dewpoint of 88 thus creating a HEAT INDEX of 134 degrees!! Data compliments of Adam Dean/TWC

:crack:

Our low tomorrow night is supposed to be 79
Northern WI has a ton of bad storms right now. Tornado warnings. We need rain but the tornado crap can go away.

Holy shite!! There's "only" a heat index of 115 here; but the actual temp on Thursday is supposed to be 100, so I can't imagine how gnarly it will be. No rain since a helluva storm on July 2, so we're needy, too. Ahhhh . . . summer in the Midwest! :lol:

I'm such an idiot....this would only happen to me:

walking out of a restaurant tonight, completely not paying attention to my surroundings while rambling on about nothing to my friend, I had my hand on my shades which were on the top of my head to slide them down to my face when I hit my elbow on the door frame walking at full speed. Yeah. Didn't realize until I got home that I actually cut my elbow. It's not anything worse than what my cat does to me daily but still. My elbow is throbbing now :der:

my dearest Gene.....we were doing so well with the tweets lately that I was able to follow you again. Until today. Holy :censored: hell dude. Seriously. I have no freaking clue what any of the tweets say but we're done again for now.

We were talking about Family Jewels at dinner tonight......now I gotta go check out the tweets.

Sorry about your elbow. Ouch.

Holy shite!! There's "only" a heat index of 115 here; but the actual temp on Thursday is supposed to be 100, so I can't imagine how gnarly it will be. No rain since a helluva storm on July 2, so we're needy, too. Ahhhh . . . summer in the Midwest! :lol:

Yeah. I am pretty much done w/ *feels like*.
Only supposed to be 91 here tomorrow and feels like 97. Brrr.........

my dad never learns...this same thing happened last summer too. He grows tomatoes and brings them in when they are ready. This morning he picked 3 and put them on the windowsill in the kitchen. Same place Wesley likes to sit and same place he's not allowed to sit and gets scolded for daily. After my dad put the tomatoes in the kitchen he went to get ready for work. Came back out and there were only 2 tomatoes. :der: Wesley LOVES balls and these are the size of his toy balls that he carries in his mouth or kicks all over the house. They are everywhere :crack: So he found Wesley downstairs kicking the tomato (it had little teeth marks in it so that means he carried it downstairs! :cute: ). Instead of tossing it out he just put it back with the others. My mom told him to put them in the fridge but my dad insisted that they would be fine. I found a tomato in my bathroom when I got home this afternoon. He's hilarious. Lily doesn't do anything but lay by her food bowl and whine all day so I never realized until last year how much personality a cat can have. My boy is certainly a busy body. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom