Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is freaking hilarious and totally my father....just ran to Target with him for a few things. The checkout was ridiculously long and hardly any cashiers....and no one in charge with the ability to call for backup. So my dad picks up his cell phone, where he has this particular Target in his speed dial for the pharmacy, calls and picks the operator option. I thought he was calling my mom. All of a sudden he says "hi are you at Target in "our city"....yes, says the person on the phone, my dad "well I am too and there's a huge line and no one ringing. Maybe you should call for backup." OMG :doh: Two seconds later we hear them call for backup! :lmao: Our cashier had a walkie and was horrified at the lines when she got up there so she got on her's and confirmed there's a huge line and anyone available to ring needs to get up front asap. So by the time we left the front lines were full of cashiers.

I have been laughing for over a half hour about this. Who the hell calls the Target operator for backup cashiers!?!? I told him if I would have known that's what he was going to do I would have told him to walk ten feet over to the return desk.

Oh my word...that was so damn funny. My dad stood there with the biggest sense of satisfaction on his face and kept saying "see, it worked!" :)

I :lol: 'd!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I managed to lose my camera case while taking pictures of the turtle area of the hotel - have no idea where I dropped it. :reject:

And I will definitely need to put on the bug spray in the afternoon/evenings here :shifty:

Hope ya find your case. A turtle prolly absconded with it........;)
Perhaps a bug flew off with it?
Yeah, I am tired and probably should hit the hay.

I have so many pictures to go thru. Sadly not many from GS. Friday there were a few and then yesterday I took a few more. Every single time I tried to take a pic at GS people would stand on benches or just go up the aisle so the shot was blown.

Video is uploading so slowly

I have so many pictures to go thru. Sadly not many from GS. Friday there were a few and then yesterday I took a few more. Every single time I tried to take a pic at GS people would stand on benches or just go up the aisle so the shot was blown.

Video is uploading so slowly

seriously so sad I missed Irish Fest this year. I think I'm going to have to make it a point to go next year. It's really way better than my tiny Irish Fair. I was pretty disappointed last week with the vendors. It seemed so much smaller than years past. Oh and the fact that Gaelic Storm no longer plays at mine just blows. I understand why they don't, since there's no entrance fee so that must mean they don't get paid to play at ours, but it still sucks they don't come anymore. I'm sure if they do get paid for ours it's not nearly as much as they make at a concert where they charge $30-40 per ticket. I always end my summer with a Gaelic Storm concert which turns into weeks of their music in my car. :sad:

speaking of concerts...supposed to see Def Lep on Friday night but I think I'm going to have a 2 am wake up call on Sat for work :happy: It's been really busy ever since we announced last week what I posted on FB earlier. So yay! No concert for me :sad: I have a friend that wants to go really bad so she said she'd buy my ticket. My other friend that I'm going with doesn't know this friend so I said she could either go with my friend or sell her ticket to my friend's husband. My friend I'm going with is only going because I asked her to and not because she's a fan so it's really up to her if she wants to go with my friend she's never met or sell her ticket. :crack: I'm really disappointed but I'm not....I saw U2 this summer front row in the most amazing setting I've ever seen them in so seeing Def Leppard on the last row of the grandstand where they only play like 14-15 songs :shrug: Not really going to cry over it if I can't go. But it would still be cool to go. :(

this is freaking hilarious and totally my father....just ran to Target with him for a few things. The checkout was ridiculously long and hardly any cashiers....and no one in charge with the ability to call for backup. So my dad picks up his cell phone, where he has this particular Target in his speed dial for the pharmacy, calls and picks the operator option. I thought he was calling my mom. All of a sudden he says "hi are you at Target in "our city"....yes, says the person on the phone, my dad "well I am too and there's a huge line and no one ringing. Maybe you should call for backup." OMG :doh: Two seconds later we hear them call for backup! :lmao: Our cashier had a walkie and was horrified at the lines when she got up there so she got on her's and confirmed there's a huge line and anyone available to ring needs to get up front asap. So by the time we left the front lines were full of cashiers.

I have been laughing for over a half hour about this. Who the hell calls the Target operator for backup cashiers!?!? I told him if I would have known that's what he was going to do I would have told him to walk ten feet over to the return desk.

Oh my word...that was so damn funny. My dad stood there with the biggest sense of satisfaction on his face and kept saying "see, it worked!" :)

Brilliant!

Shari, no Skerryvore at the Indianapolis Irish Festival. :sad:

Ok first group of Irish Fest pics up. Tired. Will post others tomorrow night. Have more GS from Friday night.

Friend just posted on FB that her sister lost her apartment to a fire today. She is ok, kids ok, but she lost her cats and all of her children's photos and videos :(

We had just gone past that bldg. earlier while out shopping......80 units in that bldg affected...........poor Nat.

my Def Lep tickets are officially gone :sad: Turns out that I probably could have gone because this Sat doesn't look to be as busy as last Sat where I worked at 3:30. I think I could manage getting there at 5 am. But I've been working 10-11 hour days this week and tomorrow looks to be the same. I would have been dead tired tomorrow night at the concert and really not too thrilled to be there. Plus I'd still get home way past my bedtime. But now I'm a little sad that they're actually out of my possession. On the other hand, I sold them to my oldest, closest friend who is so unbelievably excited to be going, as is her neighbor that she's going with. This is no U2 concert so guess I'll just have to forget about it....same with Gaelic Storm. They should be taking the stage at the zoo any minute :sigh:

one of my coworkers came in today and said she had a really awesome time the other night at a concert at the Zoo. It was for a band I've probably never heard of. :| Yeah we had a little bonding moment over Gaelic Storm.

:angry:

one of my coworkers came in today and said she had a really awesome time the other night at a concert at the Zoo. It was for a band I've probably never heard of. :| Yeah we had a little bonding moment over Gaelic Storm.

:angry:

Hmmm........
I will have to check them out ;)

:| My dad stepped on Wesley last night. Apparently Wes was sleeping on the kitchen floor and my dad walked in there and didn't bother to turn on the light. He said he felt fur on this foot and then heard a loud shriek. :angry: Then Wesley bit him really hard on his leg. :) I told my dad that served him right for stepping on my sweet little baby. After this incident my dad went on the porch to watch TV and Wesley went with him and snuggled up with him so at least they made up.

:shifty: I have something to tell my boss tomorrow and she's not going to be happy. I'm a little nervous to talk to her as well as actually following through on what I'm doing. But it's a much better opportunity for me in the long run....I hope. :barf: I'm not good with changes.

:| My dad stepped on Wesley last night. Apparently Wes was sleeping on the kitchen floor and my dad walked in there and didn't bother to turn on the light. He said he felt fur on this foot and then heard a loud shriek. :angry: Then Wesley bit him really hard on his leg. :) I told my dad that served him right for stepping on my sweet little baby. After this incident my dad went on the porch to watch TV and Wesley went with him and snuggled up with him so at least they made up.

We've stepped on Wally a few times and he lets out the most god awful shriek. It almost sounds like a person screaming :yikes:.

:yikes: :) :up:

:shifty: I have something to tell my boss tomorrow and she's not going to be happy. I'm a little nervous to talk to her as well as actually following through on what I'm doing. But it's a much better opportunity for me in the long run....I hope. :barf: I'm not good with changes.

????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom