Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and they played Stay tonight. I got Stuck :sigh: I can't deal with that song. There's too much involved in that song from my past. Not even Edge on vocals for a small portion of that song makes it better. I wanted Stay and Magnificent but got Stuck and Still Haven't Found. Love that song but if it would have meant hearing Magnificent live one more time I would have gladly traded only because I've heard Still Haven't Found live a lot. Oh well. Still one of the most amazing shows I've been too. Definitely in my top three.

and they got Bad last night. :grumpy: It's hard to see setlists of shows you know you should have been at. I had tickets to this one....

dammit!!!!!! Donovan McNabb trade to MN???? I sure as help hope this is just talk doesn't actually happen. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: This team is going to be the death of me. I invest too much time stressing over them and all they do is rip my heart out and stomp on it year after year.

dammit!!!!!! Donovan McNabb trade to MN???? I sure as help hope this is just talk doesn't actually happen. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: This team is going to be the death of me. I invest too much time stressing over them and all they do is rip my heart out and stomp on it year after year.

Kind of surprised me too.
Thought after the "F" they might try to get someone younger :shrug:

I have just about gone thru the ceiling 5 times in the past 10 minutes. The thunder is incredibly loud and rolling.
It feels like a series of mini earthquakes

third week in a row I get to go to work at a "normal" time. Still early to most but being able to sleep til 4:00 am is so wonderful. I'll get there at 5:00 instead of 3-3:30 :barf: I can't tell you how horribly hard that is to go to bed when the sun is still out and wake up in the middle of the night. I hope that it was just a wedding/graduation thing and it's over now....well except for next weekend. We had a mixup with a wedding so we have 4 instead of or max of 3. :happy:

I've got a friend who works the overnight. He sleeps during the day......in the Winter no big deal. In the Summer, ick.

Sleeping in till 4 am :up:

I have been baking since 5 am this morning :happy: My neighbor needs 90 cupcakes for tomorrow afternoon. Done baking and partially decorating but I ran out of butter to make another batch of buttercream. Oh and Michaels by my house sucks ass. None of the Michaels carry Wilton anymore but some still carry the coloring. I had it in my hand today at a different store and decided I didn't need it. So then I realized I did once I got home. My parents went out tonight so they stopped at the one by home. No food coloring at all. I even went to the cake decorating store this afternoon and didn't get any there. So the parents bought some nasty ass grocery store red that's really salmon pink. The 80 year old birthday girl is obsessed with red. I can appreciate that since my life is purple so I want to give them what they asked for. I used the entire bottle and it's still pink. So the only place that's open now that I know of that has Wilton is Walmart. My mom sighed when she saw my pink and said "you better tell your father...." So off he went at 9 PM to buy butter and red food coloring. There's not a Walmart close to where I live either :happy: He's easy to bribe though. Gave him a reject cupcake that I would have given him anyways but I made it sound like it was extra special. :der:

Wesley has been an excellent helper and has only jumped on the table or kitchen counter every 5 minutes so my mom is currently cat sitting.

I'm going to be up til midnight working on this but she paid me an insane amount of money to do a relatively easy project. I think I shall sit now and rest a bit before my stuff arrives. Soundtrack of the night: Vertigo San Diego and 360 Las Vegas :love:

I have been baking since 5 am this morning :happy: My neighbor needs 90 cupcakes for tomorrow afternoon. Done baking and partially decorating but I ran out of butter to make another batch of buttercream. Oh and Michaels by my house sucks ass. None of the Michaels carry Wilton anymore but some still carry the coloring. I had it in my hand today at a different store and decided I didn't need it. So then I realized I did once I got home. My parents went out tonight so they stopped at the one by home. No food coloring at all. I even went to the cake decorating store this afternoon and didn't get any there. So the parents bought some nasty ass grocery store red that's really salmon pink. The 80 year old birthday girl is obsessed with red. I can appreciate that since my life is purple so I want to give them what they asked for. I used the entire bottle and it's still pink. So the only place that's open now that I know of that has Wilton is Walmart. My mom sighed when she saw my pink and said "you better tell your father...." So off he went at 9 PM to buy butter and red food coloring. There's not a Walmart close to where I live either :happy: He's easy to bribe though. Gave him a reject cupcake that I would have given him anyways but I made it sound like it was extra special. :der:

Wesley has been an excellent helper and has only jumped on the table or kitchen counter every 5 minutes so my mom is currently cat sitting.

I'm going to be up til midnight working on this but she paid me an insane amount of money to do a relatively easy project. I think I shall sit now and rest a bit before my stuff arrives. Soundtrack of the night: Vertigo San Diego and 360 Las Vegas :love:
Michaels doesn't sell Wilton products anymore? Wow.
Yeah. Walmart is the only place I can think of who would be open right now-ish that would have Wilton.
Joanne Fabrics around here also carries a ton of Wilton.......but they would have closed at 9.
My father going to a Walmart to pick up supplies would not have happened. Good for your dad :)
Enjoy the tunes.......they will get you thru the decorating session.

V. A. C. A. T. I. O. N.

Day was crazy again. Was alone for the better part...2:45 was when my help came in.
Counter was just covered in mdse. Sale sign debacle for tomorrows sale. Broke down tables from Home Sale and at 4:30 started vacation. Yay me.

At one point I kind of snapped but made a quick recovery. Let's just say the Home sale that ends and the Signature sale that ran in conjunction, combined with coupons and shopping passes make/made everyone :crack:. I simply can't imagine all that going on combined with a remodel and the Holiday season. :happy:

Bedtime

Michaels doesn't sell Wilton products anymore? Wow.
Yeah. Walmart is the only place I can think of who would be open right now-ish that would have Wilton.
Joanne Fabrics around here also carries a ton of Wilton.......but they would have closed at 9.
My father going to a Walmart to pick up supplies would not have happened. Good for your dad :)
Enjoy the tunes.......they will get you thru the decorating session.

oh I was at Joann's today as well since Michaels sucks now. :happy: They carry some new brand plus the way over priced Duff (ace of cakes) CRAP. Such a waste because Michaels is super close to me while Joann's is far enough away that I have to debate going or not.

record time....45 minute round trip. Gonna eat dinner :crack: and then make more buttercream.

Another vacation for you? Lucky duck. I hope my boss closes the first week of Jan like she did this year because I need to go to the ocean and a southern CA desert in a really bad way.

:angry: I'm just so mad at myself that I didn't buy red coloring at the cake decorating store yesterday. My dad had to buy a $9.00 8 pack of colors at Walmart and the red turned pink!!!! :angry: I started out with a super tiny amount of buttercream and no matter how much color I put in it wouldn't turn red. What crap! I went to the cake decorating store last week to buy piping bags because they have bigger ones than I can get at Michaels/Joanns. I also wanted sprinkles and red edible glitter. My sweet little Wesley tore apart my piping bags :happy: so I drove all the way back there yesterday and they were out of bags! I was just so annoyed over the whole situation I decided not to buy anything and left. I know they'll be ok with how it all looks but I envisioned ruby red cupcakes. When I create something that doesn't turn out how I intended I get really upset over it. I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good sometimes.

time to make cream cheese icing so I can decorate 45 carrot cupcakes.....dumb ass me forgot to have my dad pick up some extra cream cheese so off to the store I go. No lake for me this morning :happy:

this is why I hate baking at home even though the extra cash paid for a good portion of my weekend last week.

Yes vacation. Second week of 4. This is the Obsess over stunt planes, military planes vacation. State Fair starts this week but think next week would work out better for that. Will have to see.
Hope the rest of the decorating went smoothly. Joanne Fabrics carries Duff stuff? Didn't see that at ours.

no....Michaels carries Duff stuff. I bought a few pre-made buttercreams for the convenience last year when I had a last minute cake to make. It was nasty. Waste of money but at least I had a coupon!

Yes vacation. Second week of 4. This is the Obsess over stunt planes, military planes vacation. State Fair starts this week but think next week would work out better for that. Will have to see.
Hope the rest of the decorating went smoothly. Joanne Fabrics carries Duff stuff? Didn't see that at ours.

your state fair is this week? Weird. State fair time here is the end of Aug with the last day being Labor Day. State Fair = end of summer in MN :sigh:

DONE!!!!! Delivery at noon then off to the outlet mall to buy my sister's bday gift. What does she want? A Coach wallet :happy: I'm going to be really mad at myself if I come home with something for myself too :uhoh:

there was a purse I would totally have gotten if my mom wouldn't have reminded me that I need a new car. It was only $87 down from $249.

it never ends.....great aunt coming for dinner so guess who gets to cook? :angry: I really do love spending all of my time in a kitchen at work or home but I just want to do nothing now and have someone cook a big meal for me.

there was a purse I would totally have gotten if my mom wouldn't have reminded me that I need a new car. It was only $87 down from $249.

it never ends.....great aunt coming for dinner so guess who gets to cook? :angry: I really do love spending all of my time in a kitchen at work or home but I just want to do nothing now and have someone cook a big meal for me.

Was looking for a crossbody strap bag for Disney that would hold my camera and ID card and other cards, and maybe a bottle of water. Found a site called Baggallini and a bag that would work.........$79.99. No. Went into TJ MAXX the other day and there hanging on the hook in the purse dept. was my bag. I picked up the tag and my eyes nearly bugged out. $19.99. I kid you not. I am guessing it is a discontinued color or the style changed a little bit. I snapped that sucker up.

The WI State Fair is the 4-14th I believe. The 9th is the day we are considering. Could go the first day if my other plans fall apart. Will see.

~cringe~
I take it you were there? Instead of the happiest place on earth it was the sweatiest place on earth.

Was looking for a crossbody strap bag for Disney that would hold my camera and ID card and other cards, and maybe a bottle of water. Found a site called Baggallini and a bag that would work.........$79.99. No. Went into TJ MAXX the other day and there hanging on the hook in the purse dept. was my bag. I picked up the tag and my eyes nearly bugged out. $19.99. I kid you not. I am guessing it is a discontinued color or the style changed a little bit. I snapped that sucker up.

The WI State Fair is the 4-14th I believe. The 9th is the day we are considering. Could go the first day if my other plans fall apart. Will see.

sounds like a much better deal that $79.99. I don't spend that kind of money on a purse unless it's Coach because I know that brand lasts forever. It's worth it to me to spend more on something that I like that I know will be around for a while instead of going cheap and then having to replace it right away. But at the same time, I'd never pay full price on a Coach purse when I know there's an outlet mall 30 minutes away. Also, I'd never even pay full price there even though it's half off of the regular stores. If it's not on sale or I don't have a coupon to bring it under $100 then I don't need it.

Yeah, one of those days when it was time to take a shower again when I got home :yuck:.

And Space Mountain reminded of "ground control to Major Tom" which reminded me that the tour was over . . . :( :reject: :lol:

I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to that song again without thinking about U2. I have a lot of David Bowie on my iPod so I have it on shuffle he comes up. I'll probably skip this song for a while. I don't get to a lot shows on this tour but I followed it as much as I could via this site, FB, twitter, U2gigs, etc. So I still got really attached to it as if I attended a lot of shows. I feel like it's the end of high school when a tour ends. I hate it that there won't be any U2 in the news for a while and new pictures will be few and far between.

:crack: MTV is 30 today. 30. Wow. I feel really old seeing that number. I totally remember when we got cable and only had a few channels. Then all of sudden there was this new channel that played music 24 hours a day. It's all I watched growing up and might be the reason why I've never gotten hooked on any one drama or sitcom throughout the years. They might not play music anymore but I know I still watch it now as much as I did 30 years ago. Sometimes the content as of recent years hasn't been all that great but I still have it on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom