Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad never learns...this same thing happened last summer too. He grows tomatoes and brings them in when they are ready. This morning he picked 3 and put them on the windowsill in the kitchen. Same place Wesley likes to sit and same place he's not allowed to sit and gets scolded for daily. After my dad put the tomatoes in the kitchen he went to get ready for work. Came back out and there were only 2 tomatoes. :der: Wesley LOVES balls and these are the size of his toy balls that he carries in his mouth or kicks all over the house. They are everywhere :crack: So he found Wesley downstairs kicking the tomato (it had little teeth marks in it so that means he carried it downstairs! :cute: ). Instead of tossing it out he just put it back with the others. My mom told him to put them in the fridge but my dad insisted that they would be fine. I found a tomato in my bathroom when I got home this afternoon. He's hilarious. Lily doesn't do anything but lay by her food bowl and whine all day so I never realized until last year how much personality a cat can have. My boy is certainly a busy body. :)

I love this! :love::lol:

my dad never learns...this same thing happened last summer too. He grows tomatoes and brings them in when they are ready. This morning he picked 3 and put them on the windowsill in the kitchen. Same place Wesley likes to sit and same place he's not allowed to sit and gets scolded for daily. After my dad put the tomatoes in the kitchen he went to get ready for work. Came back out and there were only 2 tomatoes. :der: Wesley LOVES balls and these are the size of his toy balls that he carries in his mouth or kicks all over the house. They are everywhere :crack: So he found Wesley downstairs kicking the tomato (it had little teeth marks in it so that means he carried it downstairs! :cute: ). Instead of tossing it out he just put it back with the others. My mom told him to put them in the fridge but my dad insisted that they would be fine. I found a tomato in my bathroom when I got home this afternoon. He's hilarious. Lily doesn't do anything but lay by her food bowl and whine all day so I never realized until last year how much personality a cat can have. My boy is certainly a busy body. :)

:lol:

had an awesome time tonight @ the U2 gathering with Kelly and many others. Off to bed, then work, then UUUUUUUU22222222!!!!!!!!!! Finally! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

OMG!!!!!! Last night was so amazing! So happy I had Red Zone :love: The rain was unreal but I didn't care and the band didn't seem to mind too much either. :heart::heart::heart:

:applaud: So glad that there were no big lightning storms and much fun was had :)
Rain concerts are a blast. Gaelic Storm was my big rain concert; they did body slides across stage thru the puddles.
Loved your pictures!

there was lightning but I didn't see it. I know others that were in the stands saw it. More than one person has posted that during One when he sings "come here to play Jesus...." a bolt flashed.

The rain just made the concert that much better, really. Maybe I wouldn't have felt that way if I had a different spot but I just stayed close to the rail. I had a poncho but still got soaked. Way too much dancing and moving around to stay covered up!

should probably go to bed :crack: slept for about 3-4 hours on Kelly's hotel floor. Thankfully I have a huge fleece blanket in my car so that made for a great bed.

apparently Wesley slept by the front door all night. :( My parents both got up a few times in the middle of the night and saw him there. Once he ate he just went and hid under their bed. That's a favorite spot of his anyways but it's normally an hour or so. Today it was more like 5-6 hours. They couldn't get him to come out for anything. All he's done is stare at me since I got home. I :heart: my kitty :kiss: Gonna snuggle up with him all day now....

:angry: so mad my poster got bent! I bought it early in the afternoon and brought my stuff to the car. They didn't have rubber bands to keep them rolled up so it got dented in two spots...of course one is right down the middle. I might take it to Michaels this afternoon with my ticket and RZ wrist band along with stuff from my other show and see what sort of magic they can do with it. Still have all my Vertigo stuff in a box that I want to put in some sort of a frame. The only reason I never did anything with that is because I have a shirt that Edge signed for me so I need to put that in the middle. :crack: I spend so much money on this band and I hardly spent any money on this tour compared to other people.

there was lightning but I didn't see it. I know others that were in the stands saw it. More than one person has posted that during One when he sings "come here to play Jesus...." a bolt flashed.

The rain just made the concert that much better, really. Maybe I wouldn't have felt that way if I had a different spot but I just stayed close to the rail. I had a poncho but still got soaked. Way too much dancing and moving around to stay covered up!

After the extreme heat they've had to play in for the past weeks, they probably welcomed the rain--and cool about the lightning flash! I'm glad you had such a good time--store away those memories until "next time." :hug:

Had a great time in Minneapolis! :)

I got home around 2pm, went to bed, got up to eat dinner, went back to bed, just got up again around 8pm, and will probably have to go back to bed at 10 so I can go to work tomorrow.

My wallet is still wet :lol:.

Thanks again for the ride to and from the airpot Amanda and the cupcakes were yummy :)

Woah concerning the lightning bolt. I would not have been so calm, cool and collected had I seen that, for the record.
So what happened with the poster? Did you go to Michaels?

apparently Wesley slept by the front door all night. :( My parents both got up a few times in the middle of the night and saw him there. Once he ate he just went and hid under their bed. That's a favorite spot of his anyways but it's normally an hour or so. Today it was more like 5-6 hours. They couldn't get him to come out for anything. All he's done is stare at me since I got home. I :heart: my kitty :kiss: Gonna snuggle up with him all day now....

and your kitty loves you :)

Had a great time in Minneapolis! :)

I got home around 2pm, went to bed, got up to eat dinner, went back to bed, just got up again around 8pm, and will probably have to go back to bed at 10 so I can go to work tomorrow.

My wallet is still wet :lol:.

Thanks again for the ride to and from the airpot Amanda and the cupcakes were yummy :)

I would think you would sleep very well :)
So how long will it take for the wallet to dry out is the question.

you're welcome Kelly! Thanks for the use of your parking spot and your floor!!! I still haven't slept since then :der: I stood yesterday from 5 am (counting work) until 1 am with a few minutes here and there on a sidewalk. :der: Sleeping on a floor for 4 hours doesn't really count but I must have slept because my friend made fun of my snoring after we dropped you off :reject: Haven't eaten a damn either thing but chips since 1 am when I had pizza on really nasty crust.

All I did today was watch U2 videos on you tube. Never left for Michaels or did anything else. I really wanted to go but....maybe tomorrow. I did put up a poster from U2 3D that I had framed but never did anything with and also my Popmart Edge pic that he signed for me a few years ago. I like it much better than the IKEA pictures of bakery I had up!

have a job interview on Tuesday that I'm not interested in going to and I'm also not interested in calling to let them know that. I will tomorrow even though I really could care less right now....not sure why I even said yes. I had a really crappy few days at work a couple of weeks ago so I went on a spree with sending out the old resume but I'm over it now. :happy: Especially since my boss let me have my U2 day....

sleep and I are not good friends these days. I've had a hard time staying asleep the past few weeks and now no sleep over the weekend. Got about 6-7 hours last night. Oh and now it's a good hour after I should be in bed but I'm completely awake. I have a really crazy busy week at work and after work so not going to get much now either. I swear it's the lack of lake time. I always sleep so good after a walk in the heat.

I feel your sleepless pain, arw.
Had things planned to do and have done none of it today.
Tweaked knee doing something. Last night 5 Advil and 2 ice bags later I fell asleep while watching You've Got Mail......that was around 3. Up at 7. Meh.

Hope you get your walk in and then get some sleep.

Also am mighty grumpy that my city is spending millions of dollars on a streetcar that pretty much goes nowhere.
Hey try fixing the roads or maybe the sewer system that dumps into the lake that turns the lake into a giant toilet.

:gah:

little annoyed to know that Bono and Edge stopped last week in NJ and tonight it Pittsburg but not in MSP. :sigh: I acted like I didn't care on Sat but I really wanted Edge to sign the picture that I took with him in 2005. :(

and they played Stay tonight. I got Stuck :sigh: I can't deal with that song. There's too much involved in that song from my past. Not even Edge on vocals for a small portion of that song makes it better. I wanted Stay and Magnificent but got Stuck and Still Haven't Found. Love that song but if it would have meant hearing Magnificent live one more time I would have gladly traded only because I've heard Still Haven't Found live a lot. Oh well. Still one of the most amazing shows I've been too. Definitely in my top three.

Also am mighty grumpy that my city is spending millions of dollars on a streetcar that pretty much goes nowhere.
Hey try fixing the roads or maybe the sewer system that dumps into the lake that turns the lake into a giant toilet.

:gah:

it's amazing how quickly road construction resumed last week once the shutdown ended. Also, we're spending a zillion on a streetcar that does go somewhere so I'm really excited for it to finish up. I'm not sure the progress or how long it would take but eventually it will run far enough that everyone who went to the concert over the weekend could have taken the train from the airport right to the hotel by the stadium.

I feel your sleepless pain, arw.
Had things planned to do and have done none of it today.
Tweaked knee doing something. Last night 5 Advil and 2 ice bags later I fell asleep while watching You've Got Mail......that was around 3. Up at 7. Meh.

Hope you get your walk in and then get some sleep.

oh no....how is it today? Is it *the* knee or the other leg?

Got a great walk in with my friend that I haven't seen in months. Her family owns the donut shop and I think we just needed time apart so we haven't really spoke since Jan. We got 3/4 of the way around before she brought it up. I said I didn't want to talk about it but we decided to just have a closure talk about how things ended and then we could be forever done with talking about that place.

and once again I'm up too late :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom