Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
must be fall.....football on the tv, 4 cakes and a pan of brownies in the oven :crack: Luncheon at arw's house in my Papa's honor next Sunday. We're going to see his stone as a family for the first time and then 30 or so people will have lunch here after. So I made all of my grandma's best stuff. :) Smells so good in the kitchen right now! :drool:

of course....I go upstairs to check on a cake and by the time I get up there my dad is yelling that I just missed Percy run the opening kickoff for a TD. :( Awesome way to start the season.....or maybe not.....The mighty #5 just threw an interception on his first attempt. :sigh:

this makes me sad....my brother bought his dream car last year, an Audi convertible. Not a cheap thing. Since he's had it (a year in June) he has been hit three times! He's never been in any accidents before this car and none of the three he's had in this car have been his fault. His last accident required the entire back bumper to be replaced. Today's accident? Yep. Some old lady plowed into the back of his car and the bumper is now being held together by bungie cords. Definitely needs to be replaced yet again. This bumper isn't even more than 3-4 months old. I feel so bad for him. He's been really stressed about some stuff lately and just doesn't need this extra thing to his plate. He's going on a work trip tomorrow for a week so we're going to bring it in for him. Hopefully it will be good as new by the time he gets back.

Awwww Jeeeez. A cursed car? I guess if you're trying to look for the brightside, it at least seems to be a sturdy car if he hasn't been injured.

must be fall.....football on the tv, 4 cakes and a pan of brownies in the oven :crack: Luncheon at arw's house in my Papa's honor next Sunday. We're going to see his stone as a family for the first time and then 30 or so people will have lunch here after. So I made all of my grandma's best stuff. :) Smells so good in the kitchen right now! :drool:

Oooo yum :up:
I didn't watch any football today. I only could watch news and History Channel. I also listened to The Rising a few times today.
Saw a special on the photographers of 911. Incredible.

today's game is a perfect example of why I need a year off from football....

They. Lost. ?????????????????????????????

yeppers, sure did...started the game off with a kickoff return then the next time they had the ball #5 coughed it up as soon as he got it. But they remained ahead by 10 throughout the half. They never scored in the 2nd, barely even got any yards down the field. They even wasted a Jared Allen interception by not scoring from that. Lost 24-17 :happy: Even the Lions won today! The Lions! So now everyone in the North is 1-0 except for the Purple. 0-1 :happy: :happy: :happy:

ok so immediately after I posted my last comment, the show I was watching ended. Another one began, this time it was what I wanted to watch but didn't want to watch....it's a recap of video clips put together by people who randomly filmed what happened. I would have liked to have watched the updated version of Jules and Gedeon Naudet's documentary but I tuned in an hour too late to see it from the beginning.

I loved my weekend....as much as I like going on with my friends and family doing fun stuff on my days off, weekends at home doing not much are best. The past 2-3 weekends have been insane for me. All I did yesterday was run to Target for a few things, watch football, bake (since they were my grandma's recipes they were mainly stuff from mixes so it didn't take long and then my mom cleaned up the kitchen for me) and I slept a lot too. Today I slept in, cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom and then cleaned it again just because, did laundry, slept outside on the deck for an hour, ate cookies for lunch, and now I'm just relaxing for a bit before work. It's my day off but I need to learn how to make a certain dessert that only one person there knows how to make. She's part time as needed so she's not there when I am. Tonight is the only night this week she can go in. Kind of a bummer but not really because it's extra cash in my pocket :drool: So for the next few hours I'm just gonna chill on the couch with little Wesley. He's been a hyper mess the last few weeks with me being gone from 5 am to 6 pm, even with my 2 hour break in the day to come home. He's as calm as can be right now so I think he enjoyed my weekend at home as much as I did.

ok now I'm annoyed I have to go to work. :madspit: I'm enjoying my lazy afternoon on the couch. It's so beautiful outside that I would have gone to the lake for a walk in a few hours...but gotta make that $$$ to put towards my new car so I'm off......:sigh:

well that was a total waste of time....other than I got paid for a few extra hours for the week. All they needed to do was write down directions on the recipe and I would have been able to figure it out. :crack:

ok so immediately after I posted my last comment, the show I was watching ended. Another one began, this time it was what I wanted to watch but didn't want to watch....it's a recap of video clips put together by people who randomly filmed what happened. I would have liked to have watched the updated version of Jules and Gedeon Naudet's documentary but I tuned in an hour too late to see it from the beginning.

I watched the Naudet's documentary............was bawling at the end of it. I think that documentary is my favorite.........that doesn't sound right but I don't know what else to call it.......
I wish they were still showing some of these shows this week. So many I would like to have seen. I missed the one that had interviewed Santiago Calatrava about his Dove design for the transit station. I love that man's designs. I still can't believe my city has one of them.

I loved my weekend....as much as I like going on with my friends and family doing fun stuff on my days off, weekends at home doing not much are best. The past 2-3 weekends have been insane for me. All I did yesterday was run to Target for a few things, watch football, bake (since they were my grandma's recipes they were mainly stuff from mixes so it didn't take long and then my mom cleaned up the kitchen for me) and I slept a lot too. Today I slept in, cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom and then cleaned it again just because, did laundry, slept outside on the deck for an hour, ate cookies for lunch, and now I'm just relaxing for a bit before work. It's my day off but I need to learn how to make a certain dessert that only one person there knows how to make. She's part time as needed so she's not there when I am. Tonight is the only night this week she can go in. Kind of a bummer but not really because it's extra cash in my pocket :drool: So for the next few hours I'm just gonna chill on the couch with little Wesley. He's been a hyper mess the last few weeks with me being gone from 5 am to 6 pm, even with my 2 hour break in the day to come home. He's as calm as can be right now so I think he enjoyed my weekend at home as much as I did.
I totally understand the fun to have fun with friends but.......... thing. I am like that too during the busy season.........which is upon me. N and I will be fun company on the plane Saturday. She's just back from 16 fun-filled work days in China and playing catch up with everything. I am gonna be zonked from trying to get everything seasonal and new and crammed into a stockroom right now, out on the floor. It is dizzying to see that has to come out. Plus the Goodwill Sale starts Wed for extra added fun. I figure we can both decompress on the plane by zoning and then we will be ok once we land and get to resort.

I would also greatly appreciate the people around me to stop getting sick. Allergies are hitting and I am obviously not worried about that but a flu-like thing is also hitting.......I just want to make sure the allergies are not the flu-like thing. People stay away from me!

I watched the Naudet's documentary............was bawling at the end of it. I think that documentary is my favorite.........that doesn't sound right but I don't know what else to call it.......
I wish they were still showing some of these shows this week. So many I would like to have seen. I missed the one that had interviewed Santiago Calatrava about his Dove design for the transit station. I love that man's designs. I still can't believe my city has one of them.

I know I feel the same way now that I actually spent last night watching stuff. I would have really liked to see the Naudet updates because I have seen that doc so many times. It would be really nice to see how the last 10 years have treated those guys. I looked on TV Guide's site and last night was it for that one. I wonder if it's on Netflix. There's nothing on tonight. I suppose that's probably for the best though. So hard to relive all of that. While watching the doc on the History Channel last night I still could not believe that actually was real. I gasped when the first tower fell like I didn't know it was going to happen.

Oh I have forgotten until tonight how much I really dislike John Gruden. I hope his contract is up at the end of the season because he just kills MNF for me....just as Chris Collinsworth does on Sunday nights. :sigh:

I have no concept of what day it is right now. :crack: I worked so many hours this past week that my boss made me take today off. Fine with me! As long as I get my full week in I don't care how many days it takes...plus she made me go in last Monday night so I started the week off in OT. Then we're so busy towards the end of next week that she told me to take Tuesday off since I'll have to work late on Thurs and Fri. So now I have a 4 day weekend. :drool: I didn't know any of this info until about 5 minutes before I left for the day when she came to me and said I didn't need to come back until Weds. This is so weird. I keep thinking it's Sunday and should be watching football.

Yay for 4 day weekends :)

I did absolutely nothing this weekend. Can't believe it's Sunday afternoon already :reject:

I'm actually a little freaked out by all of this time off. :yikes: But it was put to good use. I spent the entire day yesterday in the kitchen doing stuff for our party today. I can't believe I was going to do all of that after working for 10 hours yesterday so I'm happy I had the day off. Today was the party and we just finished cleaning up about an hour ago. :crack: Tomorrow will be my usual errand/laundry day but then it's going to be super weird on Tuesday to have off. My friend and I have a really fun day planned so I'm looking forward to it even though it's my last of 4 days. I'd love to have about 4 years off!

just had a complete panic attack about my computer a few minutes ago. I think I had too many browsers and applications open all at once so it would do anything. I could even get it to force quit at first. But it's all good now and this is the only thing I have open now. :scary:

speaking of....there's a squirrel running around and ducks swimming in the pond. We're on high alert right now. I think Wesley is going to explode. He doesn't know who to stalk and keeps running up and down the steps. Good exercise at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom