Randooooomdadooooooomdoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kariann said:
Job 2 was really fun today...steady pace...fun customers and we beat our goal by a ton. I never thought I would really enjoy going back into face to face retail but so far I really like job 2 and it doesn't really feel like work. Everyone is really great to get along with and laid back and the product is so easy to sell.

I kind of miss it these days. :der: I think what I really miss is how it's a very social job, and you make friends with your coworkers...and that every five hours or so you see new faces and you're not stuck with the same older lady all day long who does nothing but complain. :shifty:

shari schultz said:
I don't know when people leave for Hawaii so..............

ALOHA! Have a beautiful time ! Bottle up some of that Hawaiian smell :drool: and warmth and bring it back
THURSDAY!!! :hyper:

As much as I would like to sit in Don Ho's chair, I don't think I'll be taking the Shari Medical Tour of Hawaii.

Yesterday my kindergarten teacher was in to purchase some decorations and we had a nice little chat and amused my co-worker and the other customers in line.......
Today I bumped into a relative and 2 former bosses and chatted with each..........I love Christmas shopping ~ you seee people you haven't seen in forever

My favorite Christmas special (next to Rudolph) is on NBC right now. "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town", I loved this one when I was a kid! :) :nerd: :shifty:

Ok, so I still like Christmas time. Alot. :shifty:

My favorite special has to be "A Muppet Family Christmas" :). My sister and I quote lines from it to each other all the time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251282/plotsummary

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251282/quotes

We've gotten a surprising amount of mileage out of the "it's cold" "it's not cold!" Kermit/Fozzie exchange.

In the spirit of Christmas, a big ol' nasty family feud is brewing between my father and his sister. It looks like I'm gettin' out of dodge just in time . . . :dancing: .

And Rudolph is a classic :up:.

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
^Burger meister, Meisterburger?

Put one foot in front of the other..............:dance:
:love:

:up: You forgot the Winter Warlock and Dingle Cringle!!! :laugh: :wink: :shifty:

It is a classic, like I said before its probably my favorite one. (its a tough call, Rudolph is right there.) Its is one of the lesser known out of the bunch of specials though.

I am the Official Knower of Where Stuff Is in this house. :giggle:

As for Christmas movies...

My brother and I can recite A Muppet Christmas Carol (as well as a vast array of other movies). And for a few years, every time we turned on the TV in December, Yogi's First Christmas was on. I actually saw it while flipping through the channels looking for football when they were here this weekend.

:scream: I made a big mistake and told my mom I was a little homesick and I missed them. Now I have an e-mail asking if everything here is okay, if work is okay, if roomie stuff is okay, and all she wants is for me to be happy. She caught me in a weak moment after I dropped my dad and brother off at the airport, and I gave her too much information and she ran with it. :crazy:

^Moms who care :hug:

I'm starting my Christmas cards tonight (way early for me)

If any of you randoomers (and casual randooomers) would enjoy a Christmas card from the fah family ~ just send me a pm with your address :)

:crack:
interesting morning so far. I was stepping into the shower when there was a rattle of the windows and a BOOM! 11 miles away, at a company near Miller Park, a propane tank exploded....Injuries, yes, but no severities known. Ambulances being dispatched from everywhere.
They are moving people away from the scene because there are other propane tanks nearby one of which is 170,000lbs (larger than the one that blew.)
:( Hopefully no fatalities

Last edited:
the buildings are gone, just gone...............unreal.
They are reporting that they were not densely populated buildings.......thank God......
People are reporting that miles away they had windows crack and break.......

Midwest Airline workers in the hanger at the airport ran outside because they all thought a plane had crashed. Downtown offices shook and swayed.
They are saying 30 people injured......

Last edited:
fah said:
^Moms who care :hug:
I love my mom and I love that she cares, but every time I seem a little bit down she all but runs and calls the suicide hotline on me. I should have learned my freshman year of college, but apparently I didn't. :crack:

Holy crap, Shari!! That's scary!

/understatements

About 15 years ago, there was a gas leak in a neighborhood about 5 miles from my house, and one of the houses just went up- poof, boom, gone. We felt the concussion at my house, and we thought THAT was pretty bad. It was all over the news right away, and a friend of mine who lived far away called my house and asked if we'd been evacuated.

Also:

I got a Flat Shari in the mail who will be carefully packed in the book I'll be taking on the plane. She will not be sitting in Don Ho's chair, either, but she will enjoy the weekend very much! :D

Someone please explain the meaning of Don Ho's chair to me :reject:.

My father convinced me I need a digital camera for the trip, so we're going to Best Buy tonight. Nothing like shopping at the last minute :wink:.

Any recommendations? I look at digital cameras and my eyes glaze over.

shari schultz said:
interesting morning so far. I was stepping into the shower when there was a rattle of the windows and a BOOM! 11 miles away, at a company near Miller Park, a propane tank exploded....Injuries, yes, but no severities known. Ambulances being dispatched from everywhere.
They are moving people away from the scene because there are other propane tanks nearby one of which is 170,000lbs (larger than the one that blew.)

Watching the press conference about this on the news right now.
:(

shari schultz said:

:yikes:

kellyahern said:
Someone please explain the meaning of Don Ho's chair to me :reject:.

My father convinced me I need a digital camera for the trip, so we're going to Best Buy tonight. Nothing like shopping at the last minute :wink:.

Any recommendations? I look at digital cameras and my eyes glaze over.

When I was just injured on the beach and couldn't walk without wanting to pass out someone ran to get a chair from one of the yards.................the house/yard they grabbed the chair from was Don Ho's..............I sat in Don Ho's beach chair while waiting for the ambulance. *brush with Hawaiian greatness*

Digital camera :love: I have a Panasonic and love it. 12x optical zoom and a leica lens............

Schmeg said:
Also:

I got a Flat Shari in the mail who will be carefully packed in the book I'll be taking on the plane. She will not be sitting in Don Ho's chair, either, but she will enjoy the weekend very much! :D
:hyper:

One of my co-workers has family that works at Falk ~ 4 out of the 5 were accounted for (they either hadn't started their shift or had just finished). The fifth was finally accounted for at a local hospital with cuts, bruises and broken bones.......... *whew*

We used to have family who worked there but they either retired or moved on.

3 people died :sad:

shari schultz said:

When I was just injured on the beach and couldn't walk without wanting to pass out someone ran to get a chair from one of the yards.................the house/yard they grabbed the chair from was Don Ho's..............I sat in Don Ho's beach chair while waiting for the ambulance. *brush with Hawaiian greatness*

Schmeg and I will find him to thank him for the use of his chair :lol:.

I wound up getting a Nikkon Coolpix s9. It seemed the easiest one to figure out :reject:

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
One of my co-workers has family that works at Falk ~ 4 out of the 5 were accounted for (they either hadn't started their shift or had just finished). The fifth was finally accounted for at a local hospital with cuts, bruises and broken bones.......... *whew*

We used to have family who worked there but they either retired or moved on.

3 people died :sad:
:ohmy:

:sad:

kellyahern said:

Schmeg and I will find him to thank him for the use of his chair :lol:.

I wound up getting a Nikkon Coolpix s9. It seemed the easiest one to figure out :reject:
You can be in charge of finding Don Ho because now his name makes me think of serious knee injuries and I don't need one of those. :wink:

Thanks for reminding me to pakc my camera! I hope the batteries still work...they're REALLY old...

And I would just like to say I hate packing...especially when some of the things I want to pack are in the wash. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom