Randooooomdadooooooomdoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:

I hearby promote you to Mothre Nature! :dancing:

Bring on the palm trees!
I was all set to have all that power, but because you used the alternate spelling of Mother ( in other words a typo), I only have power to issue Winter Weather Advisories and other crappy winter weather watches and warnings............it is all your fault :shifty: Hang onto your hats and mittens and grab a shovel...........

sorry about the feeling like crap thing........you can't get sick with your father and brother coming :(
~ get well wishes~

"The colder air is moving in now and there is a Winter Weather Advisory for later tonight and we are watching Friday for the big snow" ~weather guy on news

Thanks Schmeg for the typo :mad:

:wink:

Ahhhhaaaaa:evil: I have radooooooodadoooooomdoooooooom all to myself...............It is all mine, mine I say!

*punchy from a long, crazy day at work*

:grumpy: I will never learn to proofread, I guess. Bring on the snow. :sigh:

shari schultz said:
Ahhhhaaaaa:evil: I have radooooooodadoooooomdoooooooom all to myself...............It is all mine, mine I say!

*punchy from a long, crazy day at work*
I take it back! :yoink:

I also had a long, crazy day at work...but I seem to be getting a cash reward for "finding" a credit card VISA wants back!

I had a long afternoon, wheeling and dealing. :|

Bought a new car. I'm :hyper: and :| at the same time. Love having a new car :up: , hate having a car payment :down:

Blue Room said:
I had a long afternoon, wheeling and dealing. :|

Bought a new car. I'm :hyper: and :| at the same time. Love having a new car :up: , hate having a car payment :down:

Ooooo! Congratulations! What kind?

Winter Storm Watch just issued :| for Friday. Thank God I am off.
I still have to shovel :absolutelyterrifedofslippingandhurtingmyselfagain:

shari schultz said:

Ooooo! Congratulations! What kind?

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix. Just in time to drive it in ice on Friday. Our winter storm watch goes into effect tomorrow night this time and goes until friday afternoon. Cant wait for the friday morning commute. First winter blast, everyone loses their minds on the road and forgets how to drive in the wintertime. It will be ugly.

Blue Room said:

2007 Pontiac Grand Prix. Just in time to drive it in ice on Friday. Our winter storm watch goes into effect tomorrow night this time and goes until friday afternoon. Cant wait for the friday morning commute. First winter blast, everyone loses their minds on the road and forgets how to drive in the wintertime. It will be ugly.
ugh
you're right.

Somehow the Arctic Blast is missing central Indiana and we'll only be getting an inch of snow...which is good, because no one here can drive for crap when it's just raining. The accident report this morning was about five minutes long. They started with the two accidents on the northwest side and went clockwise. :crazy:

I tried to find out exactly what time I would be leaving work tomorrow/whether or not I have to take a two-hour lunch...but that was way too much to as of the supervisor today. Thank God I won't have to deal with his scheduling inabilities much longer.

Actual National Weather Service Forecast :ohmy:

HEAVY SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 13 INCHES WILL COMBINE WITH STRONG
NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 40 MPH AT TIMES TO CREATE BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS ACROSS PORTIONS OF MILWAUKEE...RACINE AND KENOSHA
COUNTIES. VISIBILITIES IN THE SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL
FREQUENTLY BE BELOW ONE QUARTER MILE.

THE MORNING COMMUTE WILL BE TREACHEROUS. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS
SITUATION. TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED HOWEVER PERSONS DECIDING TO
VENTURE OUT ARE URGED TO SLOW DOWN AND DRIVE WITH CAUTION...AND
ALLOW YOURSELF PLENTY OF EXTRA TIME. REMEMBER YOUR SAFE WINTER
DRIVING SKILLS!

IF YOU LEAVE THE SAFETY OF INDOORS...YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR LIFE AT
RISK. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...BRING ALONG A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT AND
STAY WITH YOUR CAR IF YOU BECOME STRANDED

Kariann said:
If one more person calls me this week about extending the warranty on my car I'm going to scream.
:huh: How many times have they called you? My old dealership only asked me once, in person, and I said no thanks, and that was it!

shari schultz said:
Actual National Weather Service Forecast :ohmy:

HEAVY SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 13 INCHES WILL COMBINE WITH STRONG
NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 40 MPH AT TIMES TO CREATE BLIZZARD
CONDITIONS ACROSS PORTIONS OF MILWAUKEE...RACINE AND KENOSHA
COUNTIES. VISIBILITIES IN THE SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW WILL
FREQUENTLY BE BELOW ONE QUARTER MILE.

THE MORNING COMMUTE WILL BE TREACHEROUS. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS
SITUATION. TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED HOWEVER PERSONS DECIDING TO
VENTURE OUT ARE URGED TO SLOW DOWN AND DRIVE WITH CAUTION...AND
ALLOW YOURSELF PLENTY OF EXTRA TIME. REMEMBER YOUR SAFE WINTER
DRIVING SKILLS!

IF YOU LEAVE THE SAFETY OF INDOORS...YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR LIFE AT
RISK. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...BRING ALONG A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT AND
STAY WITH YOUR CAR IF YOU BECOME STRANDED
:ohmy: That's scary!! I'm taking it you're not going to work today, if they decided to risk some lives to open the store!

It's just cold and windy here with some snow flurries. All I can hope for is that the wind knocks out the power. I'm taking a two-hour break AND I'm leaving at 6:15 today to avoid being paid overtime...but that means the supervisor will be on alone after 6:15. :rolleyes:

Speaking of work...I was given keys yesterday. :ohmy: Something more scary than being handed keys to a Gap is being handed keys to a BANK.

Schmeg said:

:ohmy: That's scary!! I'm taking it you're not going to work today, if they decided to risk some lives to open the store!

It's just cold and windy here with some snow flurries. All I can hope for is that the wind knocks out the power. I'm taking a two-hour break AND I'm leaving at 6:15 today to avoid being paid overtime...but that means the supervisor will be on alone after 6:15. :rolleyes:

I am off today..........thank goodness! Yes the stores are open. I wonder how many people showed up :hmm:

I just got in from shoveling the 11 inches or so that we got.....heavy snow :down: Now the winds are really kicking up and it is blowing back :mad:

Shoveling snow is a scary version of physical therapy.......walking backwards in snow, keeping balanced, walking, squatting :crack:
knee is officially swollen.

keys to a bank :yikes: yeah, just a little more responsibility than the GAP :yes: but you can handle it :up:

Milwaukee County
Business
Artzy Fartz Art School
Milwaukee
Closed
Updated Friday, Dec 01, 2006, at 10:58 am

I found this listing in the "closed today" section of a local radio station :lol:

~wondering how BR's new car handles in a snowstorm~

My mother, who has had a horrible cold and cough since Sunday, went to the doctor for the third time this week today. The doctor "didn't like what she heard in her chest" and said she should go to the emergency room :sigh:. I haven't talked to her today, my sister told me this when I got home. Mom had an x-ray earlier this week and it didn't show pneumonia, but she hasn't really gotten better.

My mom's the third person I know who has this horrible cough/cold. A lady I work with finally went to the doctor yesterday and got a shot of antibiotics (plus other medicine) and someone else's wife has been in the hospital with pneumonia.

^that cough/cold thing is going around up here, too. A co-workers husband had it really bad and she had it mildly. They both went to the clinic and got meds.

Hope your mom is feeling better soon.

:drool: I have wireless internet access FINALLY!!!!!! :love: I can't even begin to tell you how miserable it's been trying to use my dad's computer all week.

kellyahern said:

:yikes:

And yet the store is open . . . :crazy:
That's crazy. When RI had a huge blizzard like that 2 years ago, the governor declared a State of Emergency and my store was closed for two days...and then we closed early a few days later for the other half of that storm. I think I actually worked about 25 of my scheduled 40 hours that week.

Hope your mom is all right, Kelly. :(

And yay for wireless for ARW! Eventually we should be getting that here...eventually...

Back
Top Bottom