RANDOOOOOM, round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it MUST be some very selective paint!! That's it! :D

It's gone for now, and that's all that matters!

:dance: Jim is playing Vertigo! I wonder if he'd like a "unos//dos//tres//catorce" t-shirt for his birthday...:hmm:

Kariann said:
Oh yeah that reminds me that your shirts are in the mail...you should have them either Saturday or Monday. :D
:hyper: I will be trying them on the minute they arrive!!

I want a t-shirt like that!! He is right now buying himself some Patriots t-shirts. :mad: Helloooo your birthday is next week, loser!! :madspit:

...says the girl who bought herself 2 U2 books and a U2 dvd last November and pissed off people who were trying to buy her Christmas presents...

arw9797 said:
I'm so tired I think I'm going to pass out. :sad:

I just need to get through the next two days and I'll be ok. But right now everything sucks. :(
I can't believe I'm still up!!

Did your homework go well?

I have to get through the next 8 days of suckage so I feel your pain!! But ater that...LA!!! :D :edge::bono::adam::larry:

I'm only about 1/2 way done. I still have tomorrow to work on it but I wanted to put something on paper to bring to work for my supervisor to look at. I'm just going to finish up a little and then email it to myself at work.

at work tonight we had a fire drill, i signed in a drag queen, harrassed some hippies, and told a couple of sorority girls to fuck themselves. i love my job.

goodnight arw!

i'm still skipping the classes i intended on skipping tomorrow as if kat really was coming tomorrow afternoon...i will go to russian on friday, which i wasn't planning on, but i didn't bother to write my essay at work tonight, so i can't hand it in early. that's the one good thing that's come of this slight change in plans.

no!!!!! can it be revived? i know tape/cd-plater CPR! ok, not really...i fixed a discman once, but then when i was trying to put it back together, i accidentally snapped a wire and that was the end...

i should have a graveyard for the number of those things i've killed over the years :uhoh: not all of them have been mine, either...

Oh, before I forget...I'm staying up to watch Conan - Wilco are on - if you care

And no, I don't think it can be revived...I can't bring myself to put it in the garbage - oh the memories

cool. i'm not a wilco fan, but thanks for mentiong it :up:

:( it can be saved! just take a screwdriver to it...pop it open and start messing aorund with the parts...:shifty:

It funny you should mention that because I am at the point where I figure it's gone forever and you know that sticker that points out where the laser is and not to touch it.....:D

Is that living or what :laugh:

i don't pay attention to those...i took apart my VCR and left it plugged in. how else was i supposed to know if it was working yet?

:shifty:

that was another case of fixing the problem and accidentally breaking something else while trying to put it back together. a tape got stuck, i popped off the sides and deattached the part where the tape goes in, i got everything working again, but then i was trying to slide the part where the tape goes back onto its track and i snapped off some plastic piece that i couldn't fix...

Last edited:
i have a really cheap (i mean 35-dollar piece of crap) VCR that i bought as a replacement. the old VCR was actually broken in the first place. the only reason i had it, was cos it was about 10 years old, and one night my sister and brother managed to knock the cable wire off it. see, at home our tv is about 25 years old, and you can't hook the VCR and the cable up to it directly--you can only hook up one or the other. so you have to hook the cable in through the VCR. simple enough.

but my sister, being the genius she is, decided that instead of simply screwing the cable wire back onto the correct input on the back of the VCR, she'd take a pair of plyers (pliars? how do you spell that word? you know, that tool that you use to hold things or pull them off...) to the input jack and remove it from the VCR.

my mom bought a VCR nearly as cheap and crappy as the one i've got now, and i took the old one with me to school, cos i could hook it up to my tv (the tv i bought for the sole purpose of watching hockey games...long story about why i couldn't watch them on the lounge tv upstairs, involving a girl who didn't know where ottawa is...she has been appropriately named--by me--'where is ottawa girl'. :crack: ) through the audio/video input/output jacks that our ancient family TV at home doesn't have.

then i took the thing home over the summer, some movie i rented wasn't working in our cheap crap new VCR, so i hooked up my old one to the new vcr (which was hooked up to the tv...you know, like i was going to make a copy of a tape to another tape), and tried to run the movie through there...only the tape got caught in the old VCR...so i took it apart, fixed it, and then broke off that piece of plastic...

and never actually got to see the movie. i think it was scorsese's 'alice doesn't live here anymore'.

last october/november this was a huge thing at my house, this VCR saga...half our cable channels don't come in at all through the TV alone, you have to use the VCR to change the channels...so my sister spazed cos she couldn't watch BET until we bought a new VCR, my brother couldn't watch comedy central...and my mom wouldn't go out and buy a new VCR until i came home (and i was working weekends so i didn't have any time), so i could help her pick out a new one that we'd be able to hook up to our archaeic television set.

i came home one saturday before having to rush back to school to go to work that evening, and we got that crappy VCR. tried a couple different walmarts cos my mom didn't want to spend more than 50 bucks....

we got back to the house, and i found that the cable wire had been destroyed. back to radio shack for a new cable wire.

but that's not all!!

i pulled the cabinet that the TV is housed in away from the wall, and the faceplate that covers the cable jack had been smashed in...the cable jack wasn't attatcched to the wire running through the wall cos someone broke the thing when they pushed the cabinet back too far...

:mad: back to radio shack for a new faceplate...

and finally! a working VCR again!!

i go back to school, i'm only a couple minutes late for work, and everything seems fine...

about a week later, i get a phone call from my mom asking whether or not i know if new VCRs have censorship functions. they rented 'about a boy' and it seemed like everytime someone was swearing in the dialoge, the sound would drop out. so home again i went, watched the movie, and yes...there was a setting on the VCR called TV guardian, which was set to the default 'hell and damn' setting...oddly enough it didn't go after words like 'shit'...now, when i was little, i got in a lot more trouble for saying 'shit' than i did for saying 'hell'...but maybe that's just my family. i found the menu (after some messing around with the remote...we haven't had a remote since i was 8 and the one that went with the old-ass tv finally broke. i think my dad sat on it or something.) and switched off the evil TV guardian.

the end.

:laugh:

actually, i miss our very first VCR. that thing was rock solid. never ate a tape as far as i know, and never mis-recorded something cos it spazed and the timer didn't go off, or it couldn't handle being programmed for 2 hours (when it was designed to turn itself on and off for 4 within the span of a week).

it was also huge, bulky, and probably weighed a ton. another relic from before i was born. my dad took it to work to tape wrestling ( :tsk: ) cos we didn't have cable at home, and there was a tv there with cable. i guess this was about 10 years ago...so the now-dead VCR did hold out for a while. and it had been in use before it ended up at our house. who knows who's VCR it was originally...

there was another VCR, but i think the evil lady/friend of my mom who helped us pack before moving to massachusetts stole it. she also stole the butter slicer, can opener, and a candy bar my sister left in a bag in her room. yes, this lady went into my sister's room, and swiped the candy bar. she admited it, too, and never bothered to replace it...her attitude was 'oh, well you shouldn't have left it there'. uh lady, you shouldn't have been going through her stuff!

bad memories. i used to think it would be fun to eat only pizza and drink soda...that's all we ate all week while moving...not fun at all...and i still can't eat apple jacks cereal to this day, because that's what i ate every day for the 2 weeks we spent living in a howard johnson's hotel room...see, the lady who lived in the house we bought wasn't moving out until 2 weeks into september, but we had to all be in school, plus the people who bought our old house were moving in...oh yes. that was a blast. the room smelled pretty bad. like wet dog.

how did randooooom become my life story from age 10-14???

Last edited:
Speaking of guardians....

I noticed you saw that I purchased a cd for one of my daughters. What I didn't realize is that one of the songs on it is 'She Hates Me' by Puddle of Mud. You know the one 'she f'ing hates me' :ohmy:

I'm thinking how can I tell my 6 year old that she can't listen to her hockey cd. I look at the cd and notice there are no parental warnings about language and I'm getting mad...thinking I'm gonna take this back :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I listen to the song (on my daughter's walkman) and the word is edited out of the song. I don't think she noticed it missing :shifty:

<end of parental rant>

Speaking of moving....

When we moved into the house we are in now. I was 8 months pregnant (make note - never ever move when you are really pregnant). For the first week or so, nothing was unpacked and we did a lot of fast food eating. The closest fast food was KFC. I think I overdosed on it and now I can't stand it and I love fast food but not KFC.

Speaking of old vcrs....

The first vcr my parents bought was a top loading JVC and it was great. Like yours it always recorded and never ate a tape. Alas, we had to get a new one when more channels became available because it would only record channels upto 20 (I think).

Plus it was easy to program :up:

Why are we having flashbacks :shifty:

fah said:
Speaking of guardians....

I noticed you saw that I purchased a cd for one of my daughters. What I didn't realize is that one of the songs on it is 'She Hates Me' by Puddle of Mud. You know the one 'she f'ing hates me' :ohmy:

I'm thinking how can I tell my 6 year old that she can't listen to her hockey cd. I look at the cd and notice there are no parental warnings about language and I'm getting mad...thinking I'm gonna take this back :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I listen to the song (on my daughter's walkman) and the word is edited out of the song. I don't think she noticed it missing :shifty:

<end of parental rant>

:yikes:

it's missing on the radio, so maybe it sounds like it's supposed to be like that? when eve 6's second album came out, 'promise', the lead single had that line 'promise not to try not to fuck with your mind'...but the 'fuck' was edited so it sounded like a whooshing noise...ok, maybe i was just a very naiive 15 or 16 year old, i thought the whoosh was the actual part of the song. i figured the guys from the band seemed like the type to do that, put a whooosh in instead of the actual word...i was at a friends house when i was 14, and we were listening to the radio, eve 6 were at the station, so we called up, and when they asked us why we weren't going to the show (it was a 21+ show), they said we should lock our parents in the closet, steal the car, and beat up the bouncer at the door. wouldn't guys like that put whooshing sounds in their songs?

ok...maybe not...:shifty:

that song sucks. that band sucks.

fah said:
Speaking of moving....

When we moved into the house we are in now. I was 8 months pregnant (make note - never ever move when you are really pregnant). For the first week or so, nothing was unpacked and we did a lot of fast food eating. The closest fast food was KFC. I think I overdosed on it and now I can't stand it and I love fast food but not KFC.

yikes. i can only imagine that would make moving a million times worse...and it sucks to begin with.

maybe beli's next poll should pertain to fast food overdoses...:hmm: french fried brindle can be the brindle asnwer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom