Randooooom....or else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new paper shredder last week. Then I got one from my sister because she never used it. I returned the one I bought and attempted to shred my gigantic stack of crap but her paper shredder SUCKS so it's back to Target tomorrow to get the one I returned. :huh: :huh:

arw9797 said:
:sigh: :sad:

:scream:

Where is everyone?

:mad:

We wear our ID tags around our necks at work. They dangle from cords innocently. One day I was shredding documents and caught mine in the shredder.:reject:

Last edited:
nanavancouver said:

We wear our ID tags around our necks at work. They dangle from cords innocently. One day I was shredding documents and caught mine in the shredder.:reject:

:laugh: I would have died laughing if that happened to me. I used to work at a place where we had to wear those things. Very annoying!

Not a big fan of Love Peace or Else. I figure it finishes 3rd last before Crumbs (2nd last) and A Man And A Woman (dead last). I do have to admit that it is growing on me though.

I hate it when you post something and no one replies. You would think that with all the fans standing around the perverbial U2 fire here, you would get a quicker response.

Sorry to disagree on Love Peace or Else....but hey I'll stand and be counted on your first post.

My neck ties are scared of shredders.:(

I've only heard a few songs. I deleted the rest of what I downloaded so this is all I have.

There's a regular crowd that normally posts here. I know two of them are together on vacation without me this time :sad: But I don't know where everyone else is! :(

Did you delete the rest because you felt guilty? I was downloading like crazy and got the whole album...only to start feeling really bad.

I let my brother-in-law listen and he was almost in tears thanking me. He was crossing the days of on the calendar. Now that I have all the songs I am more determined than ever to by the singles and the Ultra Deluxe Special edition HTDAAB when it hits stores on Nov 23.

I can live with the guilt for now. This is the first advance copy I have ever had in my life, and I worked as a music director at a large radio station in the Toronto area. I figure I have spent the past 20 years and countless $$$ on anything U2....so this is my freebie.

Yes I felt guilty. But not because I downloaded them. I was sad for me because I love going to the music store on album release day and getting the rush of opening up a new CD that I've been waiting for. I just didn't want to ruin my November 23 moment by having the songs now!

Plus some of the songs did not sound like the greatest quality...mp3...so I figured it wasn't worth it.

Yay, my first post in a random thread on here!! (I think - unless I'm suffering from temporary amnesia)

I haven't downloaded the new album. I could say it's coz I'm moral and wouldn't do that to my favourite band (which is true). Or it could be because I like the rush of getting a new cd on the day it is released (also true). But really? I'm on dial-up and it'd take all day. And i really really can't be bothered. I'll just hang out for the rush on November 22.

Oh, and i've never used a paper shredder. Or worn an id tag. Sad, really.

I know the feeling. It's almost as thrilling as happening upon some rare single or B-side you never knew existed. It's an EVENT. I agree that the same thrill will now be missing for me on Nov 23.

BUT...

...now that I have the whole album (except Fast Cars) I have to say that it is awesome. It is everything I have ever hoped U2 might sound like. Saying that....it reminds me so much of the best of everything they have ever done in the past. "Love Peace or Else" is not an indication of the albums "sound". The great thing about it is that there is no defining sound here...it is increadibly unique in ever possible way.

If you wait...know that it won't be a dissapointment.

If you break down and listen to more songs, then don't feel guilty because unlike the band U2 fans are only human.:wink:

:tsk: I'm not going to download anything else. It's November 23 for me!!!!!

now back to random thoughts....time to change the laundry.

arw9797 said:
:sad:

I miss Kariann and Schmeg!

The aol man hasn't told me I have mail in days. :grumpy:
:hugh: We're thinking about you! We've been lost so many times! You ARE the brains of the operation! Next time we'll just kidnap you so they HAVE to give you time off of work. :D

On the subject of downloading: I will be stong, as much as people :drool: over L&POE. :crack:

On paper shredders: :drool:

On ID tags: Never wore one!

arw9797 said:
:sad:

I miss Kariann and Schmeg!

The aol man hasn't told me I have mail in days. :grumpy:

Dont worry tomorrow you will hear the lovely sound of the aol man!

On paper shredders...:up:

I do have an ID badge but I dont wear it on a consistent basis. :shifty:

As for downloading I will remain pure and stay away from and dirtiness. :wink:

arw9797 said:
:sigh: :sad:

:scream:

Where is everyone?

:mad:

I was at work but now I am home and I don't have to work til Friday :hyper:

Oh yeah, the surprise from Mr fah....he downloaded something for me and made up a little cover complete with colour :up:

Sadly, I have not had a chance to listen to it yet :ohmy:

:grumpy:

I made plans to start working out today with one of my coworkers at the gym in our building. I asked her if we were still going today and she said she was just going to take her lunch late this afternoon and go instead of going after work. I love when someone makes plans with you and then changes them. :mad: I don't want to go alone. It's in the basement of the building. Kind of gives me the creeps. :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom