Randooooom......no shows for 6 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:
One of my coworkers just had a small gathering at her house. Her dog was too cute :cute: I wanted to leave an hour ago but I felt weird just getting up and leaving while everyone else was still hanging around. :huh:

I have a birthday party to go to Friday night and we are going mostly because it appears not many people are so we dont want to back out since it's a surprise thing. Apparently I am the out for A & R since I am going to put in my appearance and leave early since I have to be at work on Sat morning...they are going to leave when I do and then go out elsewhere.

arw9797 said:
I don't know :hmm: I have the pay per view version of it where it's played in full so they show every song and they show different views of :edge:

:shifty: :reject: not that I would noticed different views of Edge in a video....

But what's the difference?

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem
b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles. Overall, a tad less frenetic feel
c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video
d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.
e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

Kariann said:

I have a birthday party to go to Friday night and we are going mostly because it appears not many people are so we dont want to back out since it's a surprise thing. Apparently I am the out for A & R since I am going to put in my appearance and leave early since I have to be at work on Sat morning...they are going to leave when I do and then go out elsewhere.

I felt trapped. It was nice but I just wanted to leave....one of them is pregnant and her husband also works there so it's just a bigger deal about her being pregnant then most and everyone just wanted to talk baby talk :yawn:

Queen Bee said:

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem
b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles. Overall, a tad less frenetic feel
c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video
d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.
e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

that was some fast typing you just did :sexywink:

It all sounds the same as the pay per view minus the Japanese bit but to be honest I don't really pay that much attention to Bono or what he does in that concert outside of :mac:

:D

arw9797 said:

I felt trapped. It was nice but I just wanted to leave....one of them is pregnant and her husband also works there so it's just a bigger deal about her being pregnant then most and everyone just wanted to talk baby talk :yawn:

I hate when the conversation centers around stuff like that. I like the person the party is for and all of that but I hate that it is on a night that I have to go to work the next day and also her boyrfriend rented out a bar and I think we still have to pay for drinks and all of that kind of think. I am meeting CF and a couple people at Brazenhead tomorrow early since it's 3 burger night and I can get a burger and chips and 2 pints for under 10 bucks.

Kariann said:

I hate when the conversation centers around stuff like that. I like the person the party is for and all of that but I hate that it is on a night that I have to go to work the next day and also her boyrfriend rented out a bar and I think we still have to pay for drinks and all of that kind of think. I am meeting CF and a couple people at Brazenhead tomorrow early since it's 3 burger night and I can get a burger and chips and 2 pints for under 10 bucks.

:love: cheap food :love:

arw9797 said:

that was some fast typing you just did :sexywink:

It all sounds the same as the pay per view minus the Japanese bit but to be honest I don't really pay that much attention to Bono or what he does in that concert outside of :mac:

:D

:sexywink:

A month before the Vertigo tour began I had a dream that Bono brought back :mac: at a stadium concert where I was standing front row center from the stage. Best dream ever... :drool:

arw9797 said:

I know....it just sounds like something from my miserable years in elementary school :yuck:

From what I remember its like softball except you kick a ball like those you used in dodgeball instead of batting. We had an even dumber version they called mat ball where the bases were huge mats and you kicked the ball....ran the bases the opposite way and you had to keep running the around the bases until the hit someone with ball and got an out. It was an evil combination of kickball and dodgeball. I once tripped on a mat and fell flat on my face...not on the mat but on the hard floor.

Queen Bee said:

:sexywink:

A month before the Vertigo tour began I had a dream that Bono brought back :mac: at a stadium concert where I was standing in front row center from the stage. Best dream ever... :drool:

In SD he did say "he's back" during on of the Zoo songs.

I'm completely obsessed with Vertigo tour U2 right now. I'm still dying to watch Red Rocks but I'm saving that for June 5th. I think I'll save Sydney for then too since I rented to both videos for the first time together. Right now all I want is

V
E
R
T
I
G
O
:drool:

:ohmy: there's a show tonight right?!?!

arw9797 said:

In SD he did say "he's back" during on of the Zoo songs.

I'm completely obsessed with Vertigo tour U2 right now. I'm still dying to watch Red Rocks but I'm saving that for June 5th. I think I'll save Sydney for then too since I rented to both videos for the first time together. Right now all I want is

V
E
R
T
I
G
O
:drool:

:ohmy: there's a show tonight right?!?!

:yes: Jersey I think.

Kariann said:

From what I remember its like softball except you kick a ball like those you used in dodgeball instead of batting. We had an even dumber version they called mat ball where the bases were huge mats and you kicked the ball....ran the bases the opposite way and you had to keep running the around the bases until the hit someone with ball and got an out. It was an evil combination of kickball and dodgeball. I once tripped on a mat and fell flat on my face...not on the mat but on the hard floor.

:hug:

well until he emails me back and explains what it is...I did ask.....then I think it's a stupid grade school game. :|

Kariann said:

That sounds awful. :ohmy:

The version of kickball that I played in elementary school was done on the basketball court with 3 bases. The "pitcher" would roll the ball to the kicker, and once the ball was kicked, the outfielders had to shoot a basket with the ball in order for the kicker to be out. Well, unless the kicker safely made it to a base before a shot was scored.

:ohmy: East coast...show is already 40 minutes old!
I stole this info from the tour discussions thread. No NYD yet. If they completely take that off the list I'm not going to Dublin! :mad:

* COBL
* VERTIGO
* ELEVATION
* ELECTRIC CO // I CAN SEE FOR MILES
* AN CAT DUBH
* INTO THE HEART
* BEAUTIFUL DAY
* MIRACLE DRUG
* SYCMIOYO "FOR MY FATHER, BOB"

I think only eating muffins and crackers for days did something weird to my system because I've been starving ever since I got home last week :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom