Randooooom: Khanada will edit this later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arw9797 said:

no! When it comes to the music I love I won't settle. Turning INXS into American Idol is just something I don't care to see. If INXS came out right now and said here's our new singer and our new song I'd be all for it but I just can't stomach the idea of watching them look for a singer on TV this way.

:yes: It's they way they are going about it....it almost feels to me like it compromising credibility to a certain extent.

timothius said:

While this search has been turned into something resembeling American Idol (or Australian Idol in my case) - I only know that now after watching it. There is a way a televised search for a new lead signer could have been done in a tasteful & appropriate way that would satisfy most reasonable people. But as I said, I can only say that this is a brutal attempt after watching it.

There was a documentary, probably on VH1, about how Velvet Revolver found Scott Weiland. While I can't hear anything other than GNR meets STP while listening to them at least the way they televised it was tasteful. It basically just their journey to find a singer. Same with a documentary about Metallica I saw a few months back where they showed them looking for a new bassist. If INXS would have done something like that then I'd be interested. But this show is just a way for them to get their name back out there. I feel like they would be the backup band for this new "rock star" and the "rock star" is going to get all the press, INXS will release an album and then in a year you won't hear about them again.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Damn, already? :ohmy:

PS - My sig is hypnotizing... :shifty:

THEEDGE.gif

EdgeSometimesvid.gif

:drool: :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom