Randooooom: Khanada will edit this later - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

of course we are

really
correction

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I thought the underlined "me" was a link. You tease.

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

Yes
well maybe, I dunno how good my accent is now though. All I record usually is guitars, i'll see if I can figure it out...

Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
well maybe, I dunno how good my accent is now though. All I record usually is guitars, i'll see if I can figure it out...
Here's to hoping you can figure it out!

Old 07-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Come on, the rockin edge! You have the oppurtunity to make three desperate women very happy.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #259
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:59 PM
I think she's still on it, QB... She mentioned going back to holiday.

Are you working on my sig?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Tim-Tam, did you watch the rest of Rockstar: INXS last night? What did you think?

Well most of my time was spent trying to figure out why they have chosen to go the route they have trying to find a lead singer. Within that I had to bear some appauling singers who not only don't deserve to front INXS, but don't deserve to be termed singers - if they are the best 16 options to front INXS then I'm not here.

I was only going to be suppourtive of the concept if the band essentially dictated the process - I wasn't fussed if there was cameras there to catch it, or hosts there to guide it along and give it a bit of an "X" factor - just as long as the band retained control. It was obvious from the opening credits they had not - the 16 "contestants" were profiled down to the ground. You're token black, punk, Canadain, Australian, Southener, women etc etc. It was just like the cast for a Survivor contest. I just don't understand in any audition process how INXS would have 8 or so women on the final shortlist let alone American women, let alone 20-somthing women. I can't see how a 20 year old American woman & Kirk Penguilly are going to mesh personally or musically.

Then there is the recording of the album without knowing the singer... thats fine in American Idol - which everyone knows is a corprate machine... but for a band that is IMO brutally offensive and disgusting. Add on top of that it is already slated in for a November release - add on top of that a 100 city tour is already scheduled shortly after... it's all a bit too Pop for my liking.

Thirdly, having the performances at the place where Hutch played his last gig with INXS - and pointing out this fact - I thought was mind blowingly cheap.

As a show though it was pretty entertainig. I watched all of it, unlike the season final of the OC... so that's somthing - Tim obviously seems to be the team captain and seems like a nice enough chap - he seems very genuine in his guidance and advice to the contestents.

Which leads me to why I think they are doing this... I really don't think they have all of a sudden become morally devoid beings, they seem truly genuine - I think they've been talking to some very bad, money driven people who have given them false ideas of how this is going to go down. They look back in ten years and rue this I truly believe.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I think she's still on it, QB... She mentioned going back to holiday.

Are you working on my sig?
Oh, right. I was so excited to see her here that I missed that last part.

Patience, grasshopper. I tried getting the R&H gif done first, but got a little too transfixed by the live With or Without You performance.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #262
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
correction

do it! do it!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

got a little too transfixed by the live With or Without You performance.
It's the drums.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

Well most of my time was spent trying to figure out why they have chosen to go the route they have trying to find a lead singer. Within that I had to bear some appauling singers who not only don't deserve to front INXS, but don't deserve to be termed singers - if they are the best 16 options to front INXS then I'm not here.

I was only going to be suppourtive of the concept if the band essentially dictated the process - I wasn't fussed if there was cameras there to catch it, or hosts there to guide it along and give it a bit of an "X" factor - just as long as the band retained control. It was obvious from the opening credits they had not - the 16 "contestants" were profiled down to the ground. You're token black, punk, Canadain, Australian, Southener, women etc etc. It was just like the cast for a Survivor contest. I just don't understand in any audition process how INXS would have 8 or so women on the final shortlist let alone American women, let alone 20-somthing women. I can't see how a 20 year old American woman & Kirk Penguilly are going to mesh personally or musically.

Then there is the recording of the album without knowing the singer... thats fine in American Idol - which everyone knows is a corprate machine... but for a band that is IMO brutally offensive and disgusting. Add on top of that it is already slated in for a November release - add on top of that a 100 city tour is already scheduled shortly after... it's all a bit too Pop for my liking.

Thirdly, having the performances at the place where Hutch played his last gig with INXS - and pointing out this fact - I thought was mind blowingly cheap.

As a show though it was pretty entertainig. I watched all of it, unlike the season final of the OC... so that's somthing - Tim obviously seems to be the team captain and seems like a nice enough chap - he seems very genuine in his guidance and advice to the contestents.

Which leads me to why I think they are doing this... I really don't think they have all of a sudden become morally devoid beings, they seem truly genuine - I think they've been talking to some very bad, money driven people who have given them false ideas of how this is going to go down. They look back in ten years and rue this I truly believe.

Mark Burnett (show's creator) is the devil. I wanted to make a Photoshopped picture of him as Satan last night. Maybe I'll do that tonight while the performance episode is on.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #265
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Kirk Penguilly
you really have a thing for kirk don't you? and it's pengilly.

Quote:
i know.

i agree with everything else you said i just wanted to quote that bit for emphasis.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Mark Burnett (show's creator) is the devil. I wanted to make a Photoshopped picture of him as Satan last night. Maybe I'll do that tonight while the performance episode is on.

Do it.

I didn't realised I cared that much about it, I suprised myself.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

I still can't get over the footage of Andrew speaking at Hutch's funeral. That was too morbid for my liking.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:59 PM

Quote:

I tried getting the R&H gif done first, but got a little too transfixed by the live With or Without You performance.

x's a million. I should watch that again tonight.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Do it.

I didn't realised I cared that much about it, I suprised myself.
I'll definitely make it tonight.

I'm surprised too! I was expecting you were going to be indifferent about the entire concept.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #270
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I still can't get over the footage of Andrew speaking at Hutch's funeral. That was too morbid for my liking.