Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
I talked to a guy on the phone today who was completely convinced he won the UK lottery and was planning on all the things he would do with the money. He filled out all the information, sent them copies of his license and passport, and didn't think anything of winning a lottery he'd never played until they asked him for $145 for the courier service. At least he didn't go for the wiring option; he wanted to open a new account to deposit the check and make sure it was legit, but I told him based on the UK lottery part of the story we would have refused to deposit the check. :huh:

I saw a news piece somewhere about the lotteries that then ask you to send money first. I forget where it was but the only thing I could keep thinking was how on earth can people think that winning a contest in which you have to pay money after winning is legit. :shrug:

arw9797 said:

I wish I could mail the stuff out! I have so much stuff in my fridge & freezer that I'm tossing some of it out this weekend :sad: I think my family has officially had their fill of bakery for a while! :der:

I don't remember if I told you that when I went to the freezer to get out something of yours to have the week after you left that I found out my parents had eaten everything except the bread and 1 croissant. :scream:

I am going to the Indy 500 today and it is currently raining. :| We have infield "seats" on the grass. :|:| Midafternoon thunderstorms are predicted. :|:|:|

Somewhere we have super-cool Disney ponchos. What did I do with those?

Are those the yellow ponchos with Mickey Mouse on them? Those things are industrial strength ponchos :up:. I swear I had one of them last 5 years.

Sorry about the rain :(.

The link was just about a scambaiting who convinced a scammer that his uncle had died and turned into a zombie :shifty:.

I finally ordered a display case for the t-shirt I got signed at the San Diego Vertigo concert . . . it only took me over two years :reject:.

Schmeg said:
I am going to the Indy 500 today and it is currently raining. :| We have infield "seats" on the grass. :|:| Midafternoon thunderstorms are predicted. :|:|:|

Somewhere we have super-cool Disney ponchos. What did I do with those?

Have fun :| ?

No rain in sight here :hyper: bright sunshine and 66 so far
~not rubbing it in~just stating fact :D

I don't see any rain yet on tv.

Uh-oh, they just said "weather imminent." :uhoh: Rain is 15 minutes away.

Can they race Indy cars in the rain? Those cars don't have any windshields, do they have windshield wipers on their helmets? :shifty: :giggle:

edit: I can't believe I'm watching car racing on tv :reject:.

Last edited:
It was supposed to rain here today but surprise, it is not :happy:

I still have my cold and it is starting to piss me off :mad:

~needs better cold meds~

Police concert tomorrow night :hyper:

fah said:
It was supposed to rain here today but surprise, it is not :happy:

I still have my cold and it is starting to piss me off :mad:

~needs better cold meds~

Police concert tomorrow night :hyper:

I hope you feel better fah :hug:.

Seeing The Police on the first night = very smart :up:. Tell them they have to stay together at least until they play Vegas, then they can do whatever the heck they want :wink:.

shari schultz said:
:heart: kelly :heart:
I LOVE YOUR RESPONSE!!!! :lol:

Unfortunately, I don't think Walter liked it :sad:. He sent me the same e-mail again. Walter isn't very creative :sigh:.

The Edge writes back:

Walter,

I think you sent me the same e-mail twice. I am confused? Maybe my beanie is on too tight.

Please explain,
David Howell Evans (Redge to you)

mgcheckeredflag.gif

and theeeeeeeeeeey areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ~ again!

got a damp schemg text earlier..............

Re: Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it wrong to want a man to win the Indy 500 based on his accent? :shifty:

ugh....I had way too much to drink last night. I still feel like crap. I'm supposed to go out to a birthday party tonight for one of my classmates. Water sounds like a fine drink for the evening.....maybe some tylenol too. :yikes:

I don't think cars are supposed to fly upside down like that........
:yikes:

and water sounds like a fine idea, arw

For the record: I am NOT gorgeous when drenched. Especially when drenched with hathair. :D

It was sunny long enough to get sunburned! We stuck it out for the first rainstorm...they started back up at 6...and then the dark clouds started rolling in again. We had the caution with the tire rolling down straightaway...we ran a few laps...and then the NYSE car was upside down and we started packing up and had JUST started walking when the sky opened up and they called the race. We had fun; too bad the end was a bummer!

And now the sun is out again!

Kariann said:
I'm all ready to go to Atlanta. I'm excited to be going back but I'm nervous about going back to where I lived and the memories that come with it. It's been so long since I was there that it feels like it was all a dream.

:reject: I thought you had left for Memorial Day Weekend; I forgot you were leaving on Memorial Day.

I think when you get there, you'll feel like you lived there a million years ago, but also like you never left, if that makes any sense.

Have a great time! :wave:

I have a list of things I want to buy for this place but I am kind of poor this week and I have to start saving up to get some Indiana plates on my car. :grumpy: It's going to be about $200 or more, from what I'm told. My Rhode Island plates are good until December, but now that I"ve had an Indiana license for like three months I better get the plates to match or I'm going to get a fine if I get pulled over.

Time to go to work :wave:

The DJ's on the radio are talking about a wet Ashley Judd and wishing for rain showers at the end of the race this coming weekend at the Milwaukee Mile............:der:

Back
Top Bottom