Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

what sort of chicken dish are you looking for? :flirt:

It's a crockpot recipe....

boneless chicken thighs er I mean tofu :shifty:
chopped up onion
other vegies???
Cream of chicken soup (again insert tofu)
Stove top stuffing

I have this fab recipe somewhere but I can't find it :banghead:

I know I could probably just throw a bunch of stuff together and it would all work out but....

~frustrated~

I know it will be in the last place I look :giggle:

btw...I had some a fabulous strudel type dessert today that was loaded with poppy seeds :drool: tasted like there were some almonds in there too :drool:

Oliva Bakes from the UK lottery has written back to Mr. David Howell Evans:

Dear Winner,

Compliments of the day to you.
The original copy of this certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their National Lotto along side with your cheque will be sent to you.

You are to choose your payment option on how you want to receive your funds from the options provided below and send us your receiving information’s.

Option 1: IF YOU PREFER COURIER TRANSFER BY CHEQUE Courier of your winning draft to you via ROYAL MAIL Delivery Services.

Option 2: BANK TRANSFER.
The said amount claims 450,000 GBP. (will be wired to your bank account via swift online bank transfer.

Your are to send the below information required for you claims proccess.

CLAIMS REQUIREMENT.
1.Full Names:
2.Address:
3.Age:
4.Sex:
5.Marital Status:
6.Occupation:
7.Phone and fax numbers :
8.country:

Please send your response within the next 24hrs .
Congratulations once again.

Regards,

DISPATCH OFFICER IN CHARGE OF CLAIMS
UK PAYMENT CENTRE.
Ms. Olivia Bakers

and it the process has apparently added an "r" to her last name :)

Hey Kelly...

I got the same email and I just noticed that one of the names is...

David Howell Evans

:shifty:

wait, isn't that The Edge :ohmy:

:banghead:

I didn't realize he was involved, omg it must be true then...

fah said:

It's a crockpot recipe....

boneless chicken thighs er I mean tofu :shifty:
chopped up onion
other vegies???
Cream of chicken soup (again insert tofu)
Stove top stuffing

I have this fab recipe somewhere but I can't find it :banghead:

I know I could probably just throw a bunch of stuff together and it would all work out but....

~frustrated~

I know it will be in the last place I look :giggle:

btw...I had some a fabulous strudel type dessert today that was loaded with poppy seeds :drool: tasted like there were some almonds in there too :drool:

oh....that I can't help you with. I thought if you needed something new and exciting I could ask one of the Chefs tonight for something. Or I could look in my gigantic professional cookbook that I have not needed for a class yet. :angry: That thing is huge and EXPENSIVE! We better use it :mad:

:uhoh:
so anyways, never used a crockpot in my life. Good luck with your meal.

:yikes: in the last 15 minutes we just had a gigantic hail and thunderstorm. Weather sirens were going off. It was pitch black out.

It's over for now. It just better not do that again in an hour when I have to drive to school! :sad:

fah said:
Hey Kelly...

I got the same email and I just noticed that one of the names is...

David Howell Evans

wait, isn't that The Edge :ohmy:

:banghead:

I didn't realize he was involved, omg it must be true then...

They used the name David Howell Evans? That's my alias in writing to them :ohmy: .

Are they using my fake name that I'm using to scam them to scam other people? :hmm:

Anyway, it's time to write Olivia back :hyper:.
Dear Ms. Bakes,

Or is it Bakers? One is used in your e-mail and the other in your signature. I just would like to be correct in the future when I write to you.

Anyway, compliments of the day to you too! It is certainly a beautiful day.

As you requested, I have my information ready for you -

Full Name: David Howell Evans
Address: This is a bit tricky, as I travel quite often. That is why I usually use my e-mail address for all correspondence. I love the internet!
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Married
Phone and fax numbers: My cell phone is currently on the blink, so once again e-mail is the best way of contact. I do not trust faxes - anyone could pick them up and read them!

As for the payment options, I will have to discuss this with my co-workers. We are involved in a joint venture (currently at the beginning stages) and they indicated that my lottery profits would be most helpful in our business venture. It may be even bigger than the last one (one hopes!).

Sincerely,
Dave Evans

Last edited:
~coincidence~

On a different subject I was checking the cost of going to Disneyworld next year. I went to my travel agent and she told me that the airfare alone would be around $1100 per person.

:shocked:

fah said:
~coincidence~

On a different subject I was checking the cost of going to Disneyworld next year. I went to my travel agent and she told me that the airfare alone would be around $1100 per person.

:shocked:

$1100 per person??!?!!!!!? :yikes: x's infinity

I just woke up :( :|

I'd never thought I'd say this but one bad thing about my science class being over is I don't have 4 hours of homework each day. I've slept in really late all week because I haven't set my alarm to get up early to study science.

It's raining anyways so it's not like I'm missing any fun at the lake. :sad:

Yesterday, a passerby found an elderly man (84 years old) apparently wandering the street, trying to walk to the VA (which is at least 5 miles from here). She was worried so she brought him to our center and called the police - thinking they could help find out who he was.

They found out alright - it turns out he had a warrant! :ohmy:

I didn't here all of the conversation, but apparently he didn't show up for court or pay a fine. I did hear the cop say that this had gone on like 12 or 13 times (court appearances, something about a suspended license). They of course had to take him in. They cuffed him, and at first I felt bad but they probably have no choice, have to cuff everyone etc.

I looked him up on the county sherriff's office page. Two arrests showed up. One in 2006 for driving with a suspended license. The second one was in January for domestic violence! :ohmy:.

He seemed like such a harmless elderly guy. The domestic stuff may have had something to do with dementia, he did seem a little confused.

But that situation did not turn out like I expected it too :lol:.

kellyahern said:

Would it be cheaper to fly to Disneyland? Isn't that closer to Vancouver?

Sounds like someone doesn't want to meet the fah family eh :wink:

And yes, Disneyland is cheaper but I/we wanted to go somewhere we haven't been before. I'm starting to think that Europe would be cheaper :scratch:

Olivia has written back again:

Dear David Howell Evans,

Compliments of the day to you,

Regarding you email to us on the delivery of your winning fund.

You are to contact the accredited courier company in charge of the delivery of your winning parcel with the below contact.

Royal Mail Delivery Company.
Contact Person; Mr. Walter C. Brown
Address:Suite 1,Mil brook Business Centre,Floats Road Round thorn Industrial Estate,
Manchester M23 9YJ UNITED KINGDOM.
Fax: {44} 700 5921 287
Tel: {44} 701 1128 390
{44} 701 1128 630
Email: inforoyalmaildelivery@yahoo.co.uk

You are to follow all instructions given to you by the courier company for safe delivery to your destination.

Note that your winning fund of £450,000.00.(Four hundred and fifty thousand pounds) was given out in cheque along side original copy of this certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their National Lotto .

You are to add your Order No: SH231282, Full names and your delivery destination to the email you will be sending to the courier company.

Please do send me update me with your dealings with the courier company.

Regards,
DISPATCH OFFICER IN CHARGE OF CLAIMS
UK PAYMENT CENTRE.
Ms. Olivia Bakers.

"Please do send me update me with your dealings with the courier company." Please do send me update me? She does not seem to have a great command of the English language :hmm:.

Poor Olivia still hasn't appeared to figure out her last name :sigh:. But it appears that we will soon be meeting a new character - Mr. Walter C. Brown! Aren't you excited? I know I am. I can't wait to give my compliments of the day to him :hyper:

Dear Mr. Walter C. Brown,

Compliments of the day to you! Well it is late at night here in Ireland, so compliments of the late night to you, ha ha.

Ms. Olivia Bakes (or Bakers, she seems to spell her last name differently, haven't figured that out yet) has instructed me to write to you.

It is regading my winning of the UK National Lottery in the amount of £450,000.00. I'm so excited!

The order number is Order No: SH231282. She asked that I give you my full name: David Howell Evans (but you can call me Redge!)

I travel frequently (most recently to France), so the delivery destination is a little tricky at the moment. Earlier Olivia mentioned something about a bank account transfer. This would probably be easier.

How long have you been in the courier business? Is it interesting?

I work in the music business. It is a very competitive business, so the lottery money will be very helpful. I have a joint venture going on with 3 other partners at the moment. I think one of my business partners wants his hands on the lottery money though! He has a huuuuuuuuuuge ego (I think this may be in part due to his small stature - it's always the short ones, isn't it?).

This is partly the reason why I am hesitant to give a physical delivery address (we often travel together due to our work) and I don't want shorty to see that I got a check!

I look forward to hearing from you soon, as Olivia said she would like updates on my dealings with your courier company (I hope Olivia does not bother you like my short, bespectacled friend bothers me ; ).

Sincerely,
Redge (David Howell Evans)

Last edited:
I talked to a guy on the phone today who was completely convinced he won the UK lottery and was planning on all the things he would do with the money. He filled out all the information, sent them copies of his license and passport, and didn't think anything of winning a lottery he'd never played until they asked him for $145 for the courier service. At least he didn't go for the wiring option; he wanted to open a new account to deposit the check and make sure it was legit, but I told him based on the UK lottery part of the story we would have refused to deposit the check. :huh:

:crazy: I had a practial tonight. :crack: After last week, it would have been nice to at least get a break from the stress of testing! The pastry class I'm in now is only a 3 week course so we have a practical every Friday night. Include last week and that's 4 weeks in a row of testing. :crazy: At least the 3 practicals from this class are small and not a huge presentation like last week's. :yikes:

Kelly - I'm enjoying your lottery story immensely. Keep me posted :wink:

Maddy got to see Pirates3 today with her friends. Ditched my ass. Maybe I'll get to see it before it hits Blockbuster (I missed Pirates2 in the theater).

Hope you continue doing well in class arw9797. I just wish I could sample your stuff :drool:

Lila64 said:
I just wish I could sample your stuff :drool:

someday soon....I'm going to be a pastry chef in the southwest eventually. :yes:

I wish I could mail the stuff out! I have so much stuff in my fridge & freezer that I'm tossing some of it out this weekend :sad: I think my family has officially had their fill of bakery for a while! :der:

That makes the baby jesus cry :scream:

Maybe you should have a bake sale or something :shrug:
Or maybe donate it to a senior center or home or shelter? I dunno, just trying to keep it from going to waste :sad:

ETA: I just saw some of your previous works :drool:

Bread :drool:

Last edited:
I could not donate it due to liability issues. If I give it away to people I don't know and then they get sick, it can get ugly. Instead of saying they got it from me, it would end up that they got food from a student at my school and the school is producing bad food :blahblah: and lawsuits could happen. :| There's issues surrounding that right now from another one of our locations. So in theory it's a great idea and one that's been suggested to a lot of us many times, but we can't.

Schmeg said:
I talked to a guy on the phone today who was completely convinced he won the UK lottery and was planning on all the things he would do with the money. He filled out all the information, sent them copies of his license and passport, and didn't think anything of winning a lottery he'd never played until they asked him for $145 for the courier service. At least he didn't go for the wiring option; he wanted to open a new account to deposit the check and make sure it was legit, but I told him based on the UK lottery part of the story we would have refused to deposit the check. :huh:

$145? Seems he got off easy. Read how much Mr. Walter C. Brown wants to charger poor David Howell Evans for his courier service:

ROYAL MAIL DELIVERY SERVICE.
Suite 1,Milbrook Business Centre,Floats Road
Roundthorn Industrial Estate,Manchester M23 9YJ.
TEL:+44 (0) 701-1128-390.
FAX:+44 (0) 700-5921-287.
PARCEL DELIVERY INVOICE
Your Reg. Order No: SH231282.

RECIPIENT OF: David Howell Evans .

26/05/07.

ATTN:; Value Customer,

We are delighted to receive your mail .

Thank you for contacting ROYAL MAIL DELIEVRY SERVICE for the delivery of your parcel .

We are in possession of a certified cheque of 450,000.00 British Pounds,a lottery winning certificate and other vital document which is to be couriered to you.

Please save this document as it contains important information about your parcel at ROYAL MAIL PLC. Your Reg. Order No: SH231282. Parcel description and delivery information is:

Weight of Original Winning Certificate: 0.12g
Weight of Bank Cheque: 0.6g
Total weight of Parcel 0.18g
Total Net weight of Parcel 0.20g
Colour of Parcel Brown
Parcel Packaging Bonded

We are a well established and registered company in the UK, offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea.
It is the usual practice of our organisation to conduct a proper verification of all parcels that we are to deliver to ensure that they are valid. We hereby guarantee and assure you that your cheque has been confirmed valid and true. Your parcel delivery will be made once you have meet the necessary shipping requirements.

Below are the mandatory administrative charges that you are required to pay to enable us courier your certified bank cheque and winning certificate to you. You are allowed to choose one of our two specified delivery arrangements.

1.COURIER PREMIUM SERVICE (24HRS) .
2.COURIER REGULAR. ( 2 WORKING DAYS)

DELIVERY DURATION 48 Hrs 2-3 Working days
MAILING/FREIGHT COST £107 .00 £95.00
ADMINISTRATIVE £150 .00 £135.00
INSURANCE (CCI) £90.00 £80.00

TOTAL COST (GBP £) £347.00 GBP £310.00 GBP
Amount in USD $ $667.45 $605.20

MAILING REQUIREMENTS.
We request you send the following information below which we needed for the mailing of your consignment .
Confirm the below requirement.

1.CUSTOMER'S EXACT DELIVERY DESTINATION.
2.PHONE/FAX NUMBER.
3.YOU ARE TO CHOOSE FROM THE DELIVERY CHARGES ABOVE.

Do note, that your cheque has been signed and parceled ready for delivery,.

With the light of the above, you are to make selection from the 2 listed services above and get back to us as soon as possible via email so as to proceed with the mailing of your consignment and give you further instruction on how to make payment for the delivery.

We are glad to be of service.

Mr. Walter C. Brown.
(Customer Service Staff)
ROYAL MAIL DELIVERY SERVICE.
Tel:+44-701-1128-390.
Fax:+44-700-5921-287.

NOTE: ALL CHARGES ARE PAYABLE TO THE ACCOUNTS OFFICER HANDLING YOUR COURIER DELIVERY, WHICH DETAILS AND THE MODE OF PAYMENT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU AS SOON AS YOU CHOOSE FROM THE TWO CHANNEL OF DELIVERY AS ABOVE.

The Edge writes back:
Dear Walter (may I call you Walter?)

I am delighted to read your mail. Please call me Redge, by the way :).

I would prefer the fastest delivery method possible, however I have a few concerns. 347 GBP sounds like an awful lot of money to mail a check. Why is the fee so high?

My friend Larry says I should be wary. Larry is always wary, of everything. He is one of my business partners. It is always a little disheartening having a business partner like that, but in this instance I find his wariness even more disturbing. Shouldn't he be happy for me, winning the UK lottery? Wanker.

Please, please contact me as soon as possible! I hope to prove Larry wrong. I hope that this is a legitimate offer. I can't wait to tell Larry to stuff it. Of course I may have to be careful, Larry does "hit things for a living." His words, not mine.

Anyway, can you tell me more about this lottery? Do you know of any other winners that I might contact that you have dealt with before? I would like to speak with one of them. Once I have your assurance, I will gladly give you my phone number and address.

Sincerely,
Redge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom