Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kariann said:

I won't know what to do! The Target I go to is about 10 mins away which wasn't too bad. I wonder what else we'll get in the strip since there are places on the sign that are empty.

probably a Starbucks or Caribou, a Fantastic Sams, Subway.....same old same old. This reminds me....I was going to go to Target today.

so back to my lovely wake up time this morning.....I went back to bed. My mom came in again at 10 only this time to tell me they didn't go to the market yet because my dad went to Sunday services and will be home soon. I had to be ready in 20 minutes if I wanted to go with :crazy: We went to the market for flowers and fresh fruit.....then to Caribou so I could get a huge cup o'caffeine, then I came home and made raspberry/blueberry/strawberry quick bread, chocolate/orange scones, and lemon/cherry scones. :crack: I haven't a clue where I'm going to put all of this stuff.

My grades will be on the school portal tomorrow no later than noon. If I didn't get A's in both classes I'm going to explode. I know I got an A in pastry. I think I got an A in science. I was at 94% the last time he gave out our grades. I think I completely failed the 100 point final since I didn't study for it. However, I did do 35 points worth of extra credit. I hate waiting! :angry: I have one B already, in sanitation :| I think I can only afford to get 2 more B's for the entire program to keep my grade point average above 3.75. :nerd: It's going to be a loooooooong wait until noon tomorrow.

arw9797 said:
My grades will be on the school portal tomorrow no later than noon. If I didn't get A's in both classes I'm going to explode. I know I got an A in pastry. I think I got an A in science. I was at 94% the last time he gave out our grades. I think I completely failed the 100 point final since I didn't study for it. However, I did do 35 points worth of extra credit. I hate waiting! :angry: I have one B already, in sanitation :| I think I can only afford to get 2 more B's for the entire program to keep my grade point average above 3.75. :nerd: It's going to be a loooooooong wait until noon tomorrow.
Pulling for you to get A's in both classes :yes:

Kariann said:

I love Netflix! You just reminded me that I need to add The Queen to my list.

I just finished it. I thought it was good. A little too short but good. I guess they wanted to only focus on the queen's reaction and that week only. I thought maybe some background on her would have been nice. But I still liked it.

Murder By Death tomorrow while I'm cleaning. I might not send that back for a while :shifty:

Up next....Harry Potter #3 and 4. I never read past #3. I have them through #5 somewhere in a box in my storage room so the movies will have to do for now.

I'm stuck on what else to rent. Any good suggestions? I haven't seen much in the last few years.

:huh: The Monday after I quit my job (March 26, I think) I got an email from a coworker that was out of town on my last day. She sent me this long rambling email about how she's really going to miss me :blahblah: We sat by each other the whole time she worked there so now it's too quiet where she sits.... So I responded to her that same day. She never responded back to me. I really didn't care either way. I just got her response of "sorry it took me so long to get back to you...." Two months?!?!?

I'm scared to respond! It might take another 2 months to hear back from her. Strange. A lot of people from that place have emailed me. I try to keep it very short in my email back because most of them are whining to me about how lucky I am to be out of there. I rarely hear from any of them after I respond. :shrug: I think they are looking for an outside person to whine to about their job.

I won the UK National Lottery again today :hyper:.

Since they seem to be so persistant, I decided to have a little fun (in the tradition of http://www.scamorama.com/ ) by setting up a fake yahoo account and see how far this will go.

My first letter to them, for your viewing enjoyment:

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
To: oliviabakes@yahoo.co.uk
Dear Olivia,

I am writing in response to an e-mail I received from Kyle Michael Pietrantonio. Mr.Pietrantonio informed me that I have just won the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY!

How exciting! I never would have thought that I would be a winner, being Irish and all. Truth be told, I'm actually Welsh, but the Irish thing works better for my job, ya know ;).

But I digress . . . please tell me what information you need from me so that I can claim my prize. I am so excitied! Maybe I can buy back a guitar that I had to auction last month (it was done for charity, but now I am having second thoughts).

Sincerely,
David Howell Evans

P.S. Please disread the e-mail sent through gmail. My secretary made a mistake - I really need to fire her.

kellyahern said:

Since they seem to be so persistant, I decided to have a little fun (in the tradition of http://www.scamorama.com/ ) by setting up a fake yahoo account and see how far this will go.

I'm so sick of the scam emails! How dumb do they think people are?!?!? :der: "you won a million dollars. In order to claim your prize, send me money and then we'll send you your million plus double it." :der:

:faint: I got an A in science!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My pastry class still isn't up yet :tsk: :shame: The grades are always due by noon of the Monday after a term ends. I'm not surprised that my Chef didn't get the grades turned in on time. I found out last week that the Chef I just had will be our Chef for the next term too. :| Only this time we're taking a 3 week class. After the 3 weeks is up, we'll have a different Chef. He's only like 27 or 28 and HAWT. All the girls in the class drool over him everytime we see him so it'll be interesting. But :barf: I was looking forward to a new instructor tonight. Oh well....

arw9797 said:

I'm so sick of the scam emails! How dumb do they think people are?!?!? :der: "you won a million dollars. In order to claim your prize, send me money and then we'll send you your million plus double it." :der:

People are very dumb. About once a week in the Indianapolis metro area (if you can call it a metro area), someone's checking account is closed due to the UK Lottery or someone's new Nigerian princess e-mail friend. :huh: We have to send wire transfers of $4000 or more to foreign countries through regional management to be approved before we can actually wire out the money because of all these losers.

kellyahern said:

:giggle: That's funny! I wonder if the scammers will become the scammees...

Last edited:
thanks all. I'm very relieved to see I got an A in science. Pastry is a no brainer. If you show up everyday and make all of the items on the list, it's really hard not to get an A. But science was hard.

jump.gif
Congratulations!
jump.gif

I saw fah post somewhere she needed a recipe. Perhaps she should ask you :hmm:

my computer hates me. I think it's ready to blow up soon. I've had it for 5 years. I think it's going to be time to replace it soon. :eek: I can only have 1 program on at a time now or it locks up. I can't even have 2 web sites open or it freaks out. I've cleaned it up a lot, even deleted a lot of programs I haven't used in years. Nothing works. :sad: I want a laptop for school soooooo bad! :scream:

I wish you could at least get gameday audio on MLB.com for free. It's hard to be this far west of Red Sox Nation while they're invading the Evil Empire. :rivalryweekonespnnutonlymondayandwednesday:

I have, however, discovered a nifty way to know what's going on; there's a live play-by-play thing that tells you what's happening as it happens. It's better than nothing!

...and since I've started "watching" the BoSox have scored two more runs. :D

Back
Top Bottom