Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: darn yankee fans!

Schmeg said:

We'll be back, and you were busy that weekend. Speaking of that, we just got the AT&T Uverse and we have Big 10! I am officially a football widow for the next 4 months! :lol:

I have the Scoreboard from MLB.com up so I saw that and my brother is sending me frantic text messages so I feel like I'm watching it on tv, and I have come to the conclusion that the Red Sox are trying to kill me. I can't believe it took me all this time to figure it out.

Glad you can see the network! I hope you guys like it, or, at least do not hate it. :)

Yeah, I worked insane hours that week, I just could not get away. :(

I am sure you'll be back, and I really want to make my way down to Indy at some point...see you guys, maybe the Colts or Pacers, the city itself, etc.

2.5 games.

:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: darn yankee fans!

No spoken words said:

Glad you can see the network! I hope you guys like it, or, at least do not hate it. :)

Yeah, I worked insane hours that week, I just could not get away. :(

I am sure you'll be back, and I really want to make my way down to Indy at some point...see you guys, maybe the Colts or Pacers, the city itself, etc.

2.5 games.

:)

We'll take you to the county jail to see the Pacers. ;) And speaking of the Colts, I had a dream the other night that Peyton Manning sleeps in our guest room on the nights before the Colts fly out for away games. :huh:

I guess 2.5 games up is better than being 2.5 games back (no offense to your team which is actually trying not to be 2.5 games back).

No offense taken, and you're correct. Still, bad sign that you're playing poorly lately, and Gagne looked horrible tonight.

As for your dreams.......not sure what to say. :) Better than Eli Manning being a houseguest.

I more want to see the Fieldhouse itself than the Pacers play basketball, but the 2 go hand in hand.

:yikes: There's a cost control class in the computer lab right now. They have the lights off so they can see the screen. It's dark and scary in here! :eek:

In other fun school news........the girl that fainted didn't come to school tonight. :( I hope she's ok!

while I'm here.......went to a job fair today with my friend that I dragged along with me. She got a job offer and I didn't!!!!!!! :der: But that's because I won't work any earlier than 10 AM and she said she could. While waiting for her additional round of interviews/paperwork for her new job, she got a job offer phone call from a job she really wanted. So 2 offers with in a span of 10 minutes. :madwife: This job still has openings and one of our classmates is basically a manager with some pull so I'm going there to fill out an application tomorrow. It's at a sandwich store. :scream: Actually aside from the disgusting meat factor, it's ok money and I can make my own hours. Plus the classmate that already works there lives right down the road and said I could work the same hours she does and then go to her apt with her and workout everyday before we go to class. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully the hiring manager will agree. I've decided that making money could be a good thing :up:

/ARW's day

:tsk: there's a girl at a computer in front of me that's actually supposed to be listening to this lovely lecture and utilizing her computer time but instead she's looking at wedding dresses on flickr :shame:

I had this same Chef for the class being taught right now but I was next to him otherwise I probably would have surfed the old net too. This is one BORING class!!!!!! All Because of You usually enters my mind when I'm in the room with this Chef...."I like the sound of my own voice......." Yeah he does. :blahblah:

:shifty: I'm bored. My cakes are done and so is all of my other in class work. :(

shari schultz said:

Shooting a poor innocent Green Bay Packer supporting cow :tsk:

:wink:

Ya didn't scare me off either, the leg bothered me too much to sit in a computer chair for any length of time........such is life :shrug:
I am sure that the Packers will suffer a humiliating defeat at one time or another this season. Hopefully not to the Lions though, Sheesh, how awful!

I kid, I kid :)
It with my luck will be to the Vikes :)

I just saw this lovely little post. :tsk:

Just wait for Sept 30 :love: :mad:

:crazy: :coocoo: tomorrow starts the beginning of our halloween cake contest. We'll have our usual assignment of learning a new cake and then after that we can bake whatever we want for our cakes and make the frostings. Then on Thursday it's decorating! I'm not totally sure yet but I think I make make a 2 tier cake with each tier being a different size, frost it in a funky green color, make black borders, and then draw on cute little ghosts all over the sides of the cake with frosting.

OR........:crazy:

I might frost one tier in a funky green and one tier in orange and then make sugar cookies and cut them out with Halloween cookie cutters. Then decorate those and stick them all over the sides of the cake.

:hmm:

crap I've been going with the ghost theme for about an hour. Now that I type it out I think I like option #2.

I have color coded drawings for either option. :nerd:

I've been to Michaels and Joann's once each already this week with my coupons. I have another Joann coupon that I got in the mail :uhoh: I might have to stop on my way to school tomorrow.

or......I might do the tiers in the whimsical shapes where the bottom layer is flat but then the 2nd layer is crooked on the cake.

I also thought about after frosting the cakes in the green and possibly orange colors, to then frost the entire tops of both cakes in black and then kind of make the frosting run down the sides a little before applying the decorations of either the cookie cutouts or just drawing them on myself with frosting.

I also have a 6 cylinder container thingy of Halloween sprinkles to use plus candy corn. :yikes:

:help:

The sick part about all of this is that we're doing this for fun! It's not even a test and everyone is being so hardcore about it. :crack: I :heart: my class.

It was a vicodin night last night...................
I am now a space case. Not good. I did sleep through the night, though :wink:

BTW on a work related rant:
I am sick of hearing: The ( insert name of company that owns us) doesn't believe in that................... (Yeah, God forbid your associates actually know how to do things before they happen and cause a back up) :mad:

:reject: I forgot about POPMART
I get stupid on vicodin.
This is verified by the fact that I forgot my password to get on another site and requested a new one and then went to the wrong e-mail address and wondered why the hell it was taking soooo long to send me a new one :huh:
Good heavens.

^I sound like a broken record, but it is all tied in.
When I did in my knee, I did in some nerves that run across the knee (tibial nerve and others).........they were either damaged in the break or they were entrapped in the healing fracture. My foot and toes are always numby and tingly........and on really icky days they produce sharp, stabbing pain.........Yesterday was a really icky day into night........Still looking for shoes that don't make me want to chop off my foot by the end of the day. I am slowly becoming Imelda Marcos...............shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes.........../ medical history.
I may celebrate the start of my vacation by going to Borders on Friday after work to buy Popmart :heart:..........yeah, that sounds like a plan :yes:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

My kitchen smells so good I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!!! Since it's a halloween contest, almost everyone is baking Fall flavors. Pumpkin, apples & cinnamon, cranberry, brown sugar, chocolate. :faint:

I have to leave for the day in an hour :grumpy:

It's really lame too that I'd be upset about it.......I'm going shopping with a friend and then we're going to school to decorate our halloween cakes. Boo, hoo right? What a hard day. :rolleyes: :sad:

I wanted to stay home and watch Popmart over and over. Work tomorrow then school, work on Saturday. My sis and the boyfriend have a wedding in town this weekend on his side of the family so they'll be here. Sunday will be spent with her :drool: and THEN I can watch a concert I've seen a million and one times.

^ I'm sort of the opposite. I can't wait to get something, and then when I do get it, I put off watching it :huh:. I'm weird :reject:.

shari schultz said:
^I sound like a broken record, but it is all tied in.
When I did in my knee, I did in some nerves that run across the knee (tibial nerve and others).........they were either damaged in the break or they were entrapped in the healing fracture. My foot and toes are always numby and tingly........and on really icky days they produce sharp, stabbing pain.........Yesterday was a really icky day into night........Still looking for shoes that don't make me want to chop off my foot by the end of the day. I am slowly becoming Imelda Marcos...............shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes.........../ medical history.
I may celebrate the start of my vacation by going to Borders on Friday after work to buy Popmart :heart:..........yeah, that sounds like a plan :yes:

I'm sorry :hug:. Nerve problems are awful :(.

Speaking of the Popmart DVD - the mailman brought it today. I did open it and look at the packaging - I like the little POP in dots and pop-up Edge in the back . . . mmm, packaging :drool:

And here is Edge's first goat for rent :wink:
picture.jpg

:banghead:
I am now on vacation ( :hyper: ) and I need it baaaaaaaadly. I am, however, already dreading the first day back..............:crack:

It is so nice and toasty here :drool: One of the last days to wear shorts, probably *sob*

Could be interesting weather tonight and it is homecoming at the high school. Storms should hit right in the middle of the game. The neighbors are madly cleaning up the toilet paper that their house and trees got covered in last night (football player lives there). Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the delights of wet toilet paper.

We are getting new registers in October. They look really spiffy compared to what we have now. They are however touch screen and I realllllly dislike not being able to use the keyboard (yes, there is a keyboard on the register but it cannot be used :mad: )
Went to training and we were allowed to do basic transactions but we heard a lot of, " The registers are not online so we cannot do a run through" The trainer just read outloud the instructions. We asked if we got copies of the training manual ( we have gotten them in all past training classes and I have been through MANY). Our new owners don't believe in doing that :mad:. I however believe in knowing what the hell is going on so I *stole* a copy and went to make a copy of it.
Registers will not let you punch in more than 3 minutes ahead of your schedule. If you try, you will get a message that you are doing so and if you proceed another warning will pop up and then a manager must be contacted. Yeah, that is gonna go over big with the customers waiting in line during the holidays........."no, sorry I cannot help you right now cuz the register won't let me punch in and it is a violation of company policy to work off the clock so just let me stand here and wait for another couple minutes and then I can finally help you" :happy:
There are a host of other "issues", too.
I am not fond of The Bon Ton. Control freaks /work rant

I went to work early today hoping to be home at 7 for a nice relaxing evening but ended there until 9. :crack: After 2 weeks of massive OT I am looking forward to a normal work week next week. I am soooooo worn out that it's insane. Our productivity however has wowed mgmt so it's all worthwhile.

I knew Popmart was coming out on DVD but I didn't realize it was this week. :reject: With the events of the past month and a half I hardly have an idea of what's going on in the U2 world. I'm going to have to spend a morning next week brushing up when I have time to do more than pay bills and check my bank acct! Anything that I need to know?

shari schultz said:
We are getting new registers in October. They look really spiffy compared to what we have now. They are however touch screen and I realllllly dislike not being able to use the keyboard (yes, there is a keyboard on the register but it cannot be used :mad: )
Went to training and we were allowed to do basic transactions but we heard a lot of, " The registers are not online so we cannot do a run through" The trainer just read outloud the instructions. We asked if we got copies of the training manual ( we have gotten them in all past training classes and I have been through MANY). Our new owners don't believe in doing that :mad:. I however believe in knowing what the hell is going on so I *stole* a copy and went to make a copy of it.
Registers will not let you punch in more than 3 minutes ahead of your schedule. If you try, you will get a message that you are doing so and if you proceed another warning will pop up and then a manager must be contacted. Yeah, that is gonna go over big with the customers waiting in line during the holidays........."no, sorry I cannot help you right now cuz the register won't let me punch in and it is a violation of company policy to work off the clock so just let me stand here and wait for another couple minutes and then I can finally help you" :happy:
There are a host of other "issues", too.
I am not fond of The Bon Ton. Control freaks /work rant

:crack: Oookay.

Back
Top Bottom