Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shari schultz said:
I ended up watching Alton Brown on the Food Channel last night...........Road Feasting. I really enjoy watching his programs.

I think I saw him make some Pad Thai the other night. And a week or two ago he did something with pomegranates.

It's cooled down here (from the 90s/100s), but not enough yet. But I'm not complaining :angel:

Something sparkly Schmeg? :hmm: :hyper: :wink:

This is the sloooooooooowest week ever at school. :( My Chef wants us to practice practice practice making stuff with chocolate, frosting, and/or marzipan. There's only so much free time I can take. I need structure! I wish she would assign us one more thing a night than she does. This whole do whatever the hell isn't working for me :tsk:

:uhoh: I hate this phrase but I'm gonna use it......

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Not 1 but 2 boys sent me messages tonight. :faint: I've been debating on paying up on that lame ass dating service website for the last few weeks. I really just thought maybe I'd start to look in AZ to see if I can find a tour guide once I move :flirt:

One message was a creepy old man but the other :sexywink: well he was on my short list of boys I've been debating on sending a message to for months.

It'll probably be nothing. It usually never ends up to be anything. I've never had more than a 1st date with this place. My brother hasn't either. But my cousin met her husband to be in 6 months on this website 3 years ago so who knows.....he likes to travel (who doesn't?) loves music, the lakes, cooking.....sounds like ARW to me!

Re: Make it go away!!!!!!

shari schultz said:

the ceiling fan above my bed was just turned off for the first time since May :sad: The silence in here makes me sad....

On the other hand, I'm so excited about Autumn desserts I could burst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next week in class we're having a halloween cake contest! We can make anything halloween related we want! I'm so excited. I already have a design in mind. We're doing it now because we won't have this particular Chef :sad: after the end of this month. We'll be in plated desserts during Halloween. Anyways.....we're actually going to have voting going on for the best cake. I'm sure the culinary classes will be invited to come in and vote. The winner will get bragging rights but it's going to be so much fun.

The following week we get to make up our own cake similar to the idea of the cake in my sig where we take any techniques and methods used over the course of the 6 weeks and apply it to our own cake. I'm going to make a layered brown sugar spice cake. In between each layer I'm going to line it with a caramel sauce, toasted pecans, and an apple/cinnamon filling that I'll also make. I'm then going to frost it with a buttercream lightly flavored with cinnamon and then top it all off with marzipan apples. :faint: :dance: It's gonna rock. I can't wait to turn in my paper next week on the cake. My Chef is going to freak out. Last week when we made the brown sugar cake my Chef (who is literally a size ZERO around the waist) turned to us, after eating a piece of it, and said "oh my god you guys, I fricken love cake...." :heart: I love her.

I shot 50 styles last night which comes out to 350 images. That blew away my record! We've been slammed so I'm all about the OT while we can get it. I just got up and as soon as I shower I'm heading back in. :crack: OT is so much easier when you really like what you do!

Re: Re: Make it go away!!!!!!

arw9797 said:

I'm going to make a layered brown sugar spice cake. In between each layer I'm going to line it with a caramel sauce, toasted pecans, and an apple/cinnamon filling that I'll also make. I'm then going to frost it with a buttercream lightly flavored with cinnamon and then top it all off with marzipan apples. :faint: :dance: It's gonna rock. .

:drool: That sounds wonderful.

I've been wondering if I should try an online dating service or not. I'm 31, not getting any younger, and working at a senior center is not a great place to meet guys (well, guys that I would be interested in anyway). Then I think, "screw it, I like being single and being able to do whatever the hell I want." But then I don't want to be alone forever . . . :|

*We now interrupt Kelly's mid-life crisis to return you to regularly scheduled randooooom*

:eek: I just emailed the final draft of my cover letter to my career counselor at school. Once I hear back from her there's nothing standing in my way, other than myself :madspit:, to start sending out my resume. :barf: The idea of actually applying to work in a real kitchen still has me ready to pass out. :eek:

arw9797 said:
:eek: I just emailed the final draft of my cover letter to my career counselor at school. Once I hear back from her there's nothing standing in my way, other than myself :madspit:, to start sending out my resume. :barf: The idea of actually applying to work in a real kitchen still has me ready to pass out. :eek:

If you have your resume done, then by all means send it out :dance:. It'll be a good experience going out on interviews even if you don't wind up taking a job there.

Re: Re: Re: Make it go away!!!!!!

kellyahern said:

:drool: That sounds wonderful.

I've been wondering if I should try an online dating service or not. I'm 31, not getting any younger, and working at a senior center is not a great place to meet guys (well, guys that I would be interested in anyway). Then I think, "screw it, I like being single and being able to do whatever the hell I want." :|

I haven't had much luck at it. I had a streak a few years ago where I talked to a bunch of guys all at once, had coffee with 2 of them but then that was that. One of the guys was really outgoing in all of his emails and really adorable in all of his pictures but he was a dud in person and not all that cute either. Not that looks are the top of importance but I think he posted pics of himself from about 10 years before. I hate when people do that!

kellyahern said:

If you have your resume done, then by all means send it out :dance:. It'll be a good experience going out on interviews even if you don't wind up taking a job there.

the scary part is that I'm going to apply to places to work at for my externship out of state. So in most cases I have to call the hotels and ask to speak to the executive Chef in charge of hiring. Those Chefs ask all sorts of really yucky questions. :(

arw9797 said:

the scary part is that I'm going to apply to places to work at for my externship out of state. So in most cases I have to call the hotels and ask to speak to the executive Chef in charge of hiring. Those Chefs ask all sorts of really yucky questions. :(

Wow, I didn't know you had to go out of state :hug:.

You should apply to one of the Disney hotels . . . they make good desserts :shifty:.

kellyahern said:
^The last date I went on was a blind date with one of the seniors' grandsons. He was boring, acted like he wasn't really interested and I had a bad cold. I left after 20 minutes :lol:. That was a long time ago.

:(

kellyahern said:

Wow, I didn't know you had to go out of state :hug:.

You should apply to one of the Disney hotels . . . they make good desserts :shifty:.

I don't have to go out of state but I really want to.

I've thought about Disney but I don't like the living arrangements. It's a 3-4 month commitment in staff housing with up to 4 people in each furnished apartment. The pay isn't much and we do actually have to pay a weekly rent fee that comes out of our paychecks. It would be amazing experience but I think I'd go nuts living with 3 stangers who would probably be 10 years younger than me. Also I wouldn't have much money to live off of.

My cousin was an intern in the business office at disneyworld. She loved her actual job but hated the rest of being there.

kellyahern said:
^ Yeah, it was bad :lol:.

I have another senior trying to set me up with her 40 year old son and I keep putting her off because I am really not interested. And I don't like her that much either :lol:.

40 just seems too old! My mom's cousin had a 42 year old friend she wanted to set me up with :scream: :no: I told her HELL NO!!!!!!!

:uhoh: time to study. I have a test tonight :(

I hate test day. I did really good on the written and practical, A on both. But my score on the practical wasn't as good as it could have been. An A is an A right? :mad: I always want 100% or at least closer to 100 than 90. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom