Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm here! Nowhere near that area on a daily basis but unfortunately I know way too many people that could have been involved in that mess. It's a passageway to and from Minneapolis and St Paul so really anyone I know could have potentially at least been involved in the aftermath traffic that must have taken place. So many people go that way. It's right by downtown Mpls, the Metrodome where the Twins were playing, the U of M and a few other smaller colleges. I wonder how many people were on their way to the game today.

And to think that everyone the last few days has been talking about how the trade of Kevin Garnett put us on national news. :(

Crazy....

kinda hard to concentrate on baking tonight when close to 100 people fell into the river. From what I understand 9 people died, 60 are injured and 20 are still missing. :(

thanks guys....

I just saw some pictures from the sky of downtown. It's amazing how close this is to the theatre. They have an "endless" bridge at the back on the building where you can see this side of the city for miles. I forgot all about that until they showed people on the news just now that went to the theatre to stand on the bridge and look at the view.

^ They kept mentioning the Guthrie Theater last night on the news. I saw the video of the bridge just collapsing. :yikes: does not even begin to cover it. I can't imagine what those people went through :(

arw9797 said:
I'm here! Nowhere near that area on a daily basis but unfortunately I know way too many people that could have been involved in that mess. It's a passageway to and from Minneapolis and St Paul so really anyone I know could have potentially at least been involved in the aftermath traffic that must have taken place. So many people go that way. It's right by downtown Mpls, the Metrodome where the Twins were playing, the U of M and a few other smaller colleges. I wonder how many people were on their way to the game today.

And to think that everyone the last few days has been talking about how the trade of Kevin Garnett put us on national news. :(

Crazy....

I thought about you last night when I turned on the TV last night when I got home and saw there was breaking news. We had CNN on most of the day in the hospital and I still can't get over the photographs.

I burned the tip of my finger making carmel sauce on Saturday for my customer. I had to ignore the fact that hot sugar was burning a hole in the tip of my finger and finish my sauce. Then on Monday, just as my finger tip was starting to get used to the big blister, I burned the same finger at school in the same spot. :happy: I have no feeling right now. It's completely numb. It's almost hard to type because I keep missing the keys. :der: It's the finger next to the one that I sliced the tip off last January. That finger still gets numb sometimes. If I keep this up, I won't have any feeling in my entire left hand by the time I get done with school :der:

Last edited:
I have a test tonight and I can't concentrate to study. :grumpy: We had a practical last night. I screwed up my cake really bad at a point of no return. I got a B. I think it was out of sympathy because the rest of it looked really good. I used the wrong amount of gelatin so the cream did not set up. I had soup for a cake. :| By the time I realized that was the problem, I only had an hour left to do anything about it. Not enough time to make an entire cake again.

Tonight is the written test and then it's a free night! We get to play with hot sugar or we can go to the chocolate room and make truffles on the marble tables :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I seriously give up with trying to reason with my mother. She honestly doesn't truly understand the weight on my shoulders so to speak that I have to deal with. My birthday is around the corner and as usual there is drama....I expect it and could really care less about the day at this point. I only bring it up because for the first time ever I honestly feel like my true age.

Sorry....had to vent for a moment before heading to the hospital and most likely dealing with arguments the rest of the day. They pretty much want to release him, however the marjority of everyone feels he should go to a rehab or a short term care stay for physical therapy. My mom really can't fully handle him and I can't take off any more time from work to be here most of the day when he is up and around.

:sigh:

Havent posted in here for awhile.

A few things:

Shari, I havent forgotten about your CD's. My new computer has a bad hard drive and my burning program causes it to crash. New hard drive is on the way, should be up and running by the beginning of the week.

Kariann, sorry to here about how things are going. I hope they improve for you.

ARW, I borrowed Kissology Volume 1 from a guy at work. You need to check it out if you havent already. Anyone that has ever liked Kiss in any way, shape or form is going to enjoy it. All I think of when I watch it is I wish U2 would do the same type of release for us. It would be outstanding.

Kelly, where are the interior car pictures? :wink:

:wave:

arw, NO MORE burnt fingers. How's Minneapolis doing?
kariann, *tons of hugs and long distance support* Did they figure out what is causing the problems?
Blue Room, No biggie :) EEK about the new computer hard drive. and about Kissology 1 ~ I can hear Gene Simmons smiling from here ( I can also hear him being dissapointed that you didn't purchase your own copy *cha-ching* :wink: ) .
Don't want to leave kelly out so I will :wave:

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
kariann, *tons of hugs and long distance support* Did they figure out what is causing the problems?

It ended up being an intense case of gout. His feet basically had swollen up to twice their size and that's not an exaggeration. Then he got what they called a pressure ulcer on his heel that started out looking like his heel was all bruised....purple blackish that filled up to where it looked like there was a golf ball in his heel. That burst while I wasn't there yesterday but my mom said it was pretty gross. The swelling has gone down and the pain isn't bad. At the end of the week he still wasn't doing too great getting up and we weren't sure that we could handle him at home based on the fact that before he went in it took both my mom and I to get him up and that was a struggle. The hospital seemed to be wanting him out and kept talking about short term rehab. We talked to our family doctor on Friday and he said to give it the weekend and we'd discuss again on Monday. The past 2 days he's gotten alot better and can stand to put pressure on his feet again so we think we can handle it here. My guess is he'll be home tomorrow or Tuesday.

shari schultz said:
arw, NO MORE burnt fingers. How's Minneapolis doing?

uh....yeah...well no burnt fingers today but I might be missing some eyelashes. :shifty: Or maybe a lot of eyelashes. :yikes: Don't ask :tsk: All I have to say is that orange liqueur flames up quickly with very large flames when put on the stove. I have super long eyelashes. I really can tell that they are much shorter right now. :uhoh: :reject: Everything is a little brighter......

Minneapolis is adapting to life without a major road. Yesterday there was donation boxes for the red cross at the art fair I went to. The money will go towards the families affected by everything. I think everyone just wants the missing to be found and the clean up process to start. We aren't ones to point the finger or dwell on anything around here. Everyone is just trying to go on, business as usual.

Aside from the red cross, there's a donation site set up to help......Minnesota Helps

That is good news about your dad, kariann :)

and arw, :yikes: about the flames and hopefully the missing will be found soon and the clean up will begin

um........... slightly freaked out here..........
Without A Trace began on tv and I left the room to take the garbage out.............. I came back and my printer was getting itself ready to print and the tv had turned itself off :huh:
Without a Trace began with a street sequence like is in The Exorcist.........*stifles scared squeal*

On that note I have to get my stuff together for State Fair part 2......this time ending with a Bodeans concert :up:

Back
Top Bottom