Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
I got something for arw's birthday today . . . pink eye! :reject:. It's pretty hard to gift wrap though, so I'll probably just keep it to myself.

So, I am home from work today (the doctor says I can go back tomorrow). I never got pink eye as a kid, but this is the second time in two years I've had it :reject:.

Has anyone downloaded the new iQuiz game from iTunes? It's pretty fun. It asks you questions based on what you have loaded on your iPod, has you guess which album cover belongs to which artist, etc.

:hug: poor thing...thanks for the thought but you can keep that gift all to yourself! :yes:

:yawn:
I was up at 4:45 this morning to get ready for work (started at 6:30 this morning) ~ first day of markdown team. I was wide awake all day but now ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........................................

What is up with the pink eye? Three people where I work had it last week. I think I need surgical gloves and goggles for work! :lol: I have never had it and I dont intend to start now.

Everyone I work with is coming down with Martian Death Flu. :crack: I'd rather have pink eye than four days of that.

:drool: I bought few necessities today that did not come in my pastry kit...a putty knife to use while tempering chocolate and other candies on a marble table. Also, a digital probe thermometer. I'm not sure which purchase is more exciting! :nerd: :love: :hyper: I can't wait to use both tonight!:drool:

Last edited:
^^ and ^

:tsk:

actually, I'm so used to hearing weird phrases such as the above that it doesn't phase me anymore. My favorite, for example, in my breads class we had to put 2 balls (of dough) into a cup.....all of the boys giggled like they were 6 years old.

sadly, we did not get to a chance to temper chocolate tonight. :grumpy: :sad:

I just had the best salad at perkins of all places! My carpool buddy and I tried to find a place open where we could drink. Nothing was open that also had a kitchen open :grumpy: We had a bad night :mad: We had to watch An Inconvenient Truth with Al Gore for science today. It's a 2 hour class so we were able to see the whole thing. But seeing the whole thing in one day meant no computer lab/library time to do homework. As usual, we have a large project due tomorrow. It's about every other day in that damn class that we have something major due. :mad: Everyone was in an evil mood in baking class tonight due to the movie only class period. :shrug: I was annoyed too about no free time to study but I enjoyed the movie.

fah said:
I can hear the teacher now....

"Stop giggling Master Bates"

:giggle:

~going to bed to get the sleep I so badly need~

we watched a video in science last week about slaughter houses...thankfully it wasn't very graphic or I would have left the room. :barf: Anyways, one of the places shown said that in order for the male turkeys to reproduce, they had to have humans masterbate them. :yikes: The turkeys are pumped up with so many drugs to make the nice and fat that they're incapable of doing their thing on their own. Even my science teacher was laughing to the point of tears. Can you imagine having that as your job!?!?! :der:

It is sunny and 55 and I am off to walk down to the mailbox.
Did I mention how much I missed walking last year?

Got a postcard from my friend who is in Hawaii........:love:
She seems to :love: it there too.............

arw9797 said:

we watched a video in science last week about slaughter houses...thankfully it wasn't very graphic or I would have left the room. :barf: Anyways, one of the places shown said that in order for the male turkeys to reproduce, they had to have humans masterbate them. :yikes: The turkeys are pumped up with so many drugs to make the nice and fat that they're incapable of doing their thing on their own. Even my science teacher was laughing to the point of tears. Can you imagine having that as your job!?!?! :der:

:lmao:

I'm just trying to think of what that person's job title might be :hmm:

shari schultz said:
Got a postcard from my friend who is in Hawaii........:love:
She seems to :love: it there too.............

The Travel Channel had a marathon last Saturday or Sunday - all shows about Hawaii. My mother was watching it and called out to me, "Isn't that your hotel?".

I miss my hotel :sad:. I was looking at Maui places on Expedia . . . just dreaming :sigh:.

I blame the Vertigo tour for me catching the travel bug. Every 3 or 4 months I get the urge to go somewhere. Never happened before the tour :tsk:

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

The Travel Channel had a marathon last Saturday or Sunday - all shows about Hawaii. My mother was watching it and called out to me, "Isn't that your hotel?".

I miss my hotel :sad:. I was looking at Maui places on Expedia . . . just dreaming :sigh:.

I blame the Vertigo tour for me catching the travel bug. Every 3 or 4 months I get the urge to go somewhere. Never happened before the tour :tsk:

I go to trip advisor and check out the hotel reviews and the forum for Honolulu :reject:
I also, in the past week have gone to:
starbulletin.com (the newspaper) and some Oahu webcams........
:help:

I got to stay an extra hour at work today to call people at home during dinner. :happy: :telemarketer:

oh. dear. heavens. say. it. isn't. so

Schmeg said:
I got to stay an extra hour at work today to call people at home during dinner. :happy: :telemarketer:
:madspit: :mad: :censored:

:wink: (maybe, maybe not...............)

:wink:

shari schultz said:

I go to trip advisor and check out the hotel reviews and the forum for Honolulu :reject:
I also, in the past week have gone to:
starbulletin.com (the newspaper) and some Oahu webcams........
:help:

I love trip advisor because they have the candid photos taken by people who actually stayed at the hotel. You get to see what a place really looks like, instead of what the place wants you to think it looks like.

Blue Room said:

Sorry I hung up on you! :wink:

It's okay, I would have hung up on me too! :D

We have a promotional rate for certain customers with home equity lines of credit. They've already gotten letters and checks to use. Now they want us to call them during dinner, too. :huh:

I called six numbers, left two voice messages, and spoke with two people, and made a deal with my boss that if I called the rest of my people [while they're at work] tomorrow, I would get to go home. :evil: Not to mention I've already worked 8-6 three times this week, I get to do it again tomorrow and I get to work my third Saturday in a row this week. I'll have my 40 hours in by 2:00 tomorrow and it's all volunteer after that!

:uhoh: That became a longer rant than I wanted. A year ago I was all alone in this house all day long with no TV or internet, following my roomie around when he came home. I'm glad to be employed. Even though I thought I was a financial solutions supervisor, not a telemarketer.

And to top it off: this week my parents keep drunk dialing me from Disney, and tonight my brother keeps sending me text messages and pictures from the Red Sox game. :lol:

Last edited:
fah said:

What did you have to do/bake???

The Canucks just lost and now out of the playoffs :sad:

We had to present 6 of the following: Almond Tuiles (pronounced tweels), Macaroons, and Madelines. Each of the 6 had to be the same size and color. Tuiles are so hard to make. :scream: Overall I got an A but it was not an easy night. :tsk: I got 1 point knocked off of the hygiene category but I had a drop of egg yolk on the wood table right as my Chef came over to grade hygiene and cleanliness of my work area. :mad: I always got 100% in that category. :(

Once the Wild was out, I stopped paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom