Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shari schultz said:
Ahhhhhhh the dreaded "Complete the album" on Itunes :crack:

They got you, too? :crack: Those evil, evil Apple dealers. That was the only one I felt strongly about, although there was a Cake album on there that harkened me back to high school days and was oh so tempting. And I almost bought Sky Blue Sky since we are going to Wilco Friday night, but I decided against it, and then there was a bit by a comedian we watched on TV a few weeks ago that we've been quoting ever since...Jim Gaffagan and his "Hot Pockets" jingle...but I decided against that, too.

Not to mention I have to change my address back to RI because iTunes charges you tax in Indiana! :grumpy:

Sicy said:
Remember the old days.. :ohmy: .....

randooom.jpg

stolen from Sicy in the Inside Broadcast forum. I was close on the original name. I knew it had dum in it somewhere!

I have a huge economics test tomorrow. :( It's 60 questions and counts for 30% of my grade :scream: I had a nutrition test tonight on top of 2 in class assignments before the test so my brain is a little fried right now. I have to read all 10 chapters just one more time to make sure I've read them enough. :crack: I failed the first quiz and then got 106% on the second quiz :eyebrow: So hopefully this test will be 60 questions off of the second quiz! :(

:hmm: I think instead of reading for economics right now, I am going to watch Food Network until I fall asleep. :love: Only because I'm not around food or Chefs nearly enough.......

Ok so I came home sick last night a couple hours early and immediately fell asleep when I laid down. Tonight I'm feeling A-Ok and am nowhere near sleep. :|

I was going to post something but now I don't remember at all what so I guess I will share that earlier this week I digitally reconstructed a panda bum!

:mad: :mad: :mad: I HATE Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: My mom is off every Friday in the summer so that means the damn phone rings nonstop. I never answer the phone. It's not for me and anyone that would need to get in touch with me knows where and how to find me. If it was an emergency, I'm sure my cell would go off. Even my grandpa has my cell number.

I seriously do not understand what my dad and brother need to speak to her about every 5 minutes on top of my grandpa calling once an hour to make sure she's still coming to get him for dinner. Between those 3 and whoever else, the damn phone never stops ringing. So now she's probably at the lake walking, with her cell phone in the car, so my dad and brother call the house phone, hang up with the answering machine hits and then calls again. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they wonder why I don't have a phone in my room. :crack:

I just woke up :happy: I need to go to Caribou and get a big cup of caffeine and then life will be grand..........

back from Caribou :drool::love::drool:

I stopped by the store to see when I work 4th of July week....I requested 2-3 shifts that week. I got 1. :| The following week starts the 6 week block where I don't have an afternoon class, just my 7:00 class. I requested to work 2-3 shifts during the week on top of my Saturday shift. I was scheduled for Saturday only. :| I'm thinking a student worker job at school is the route for me. I obviously can't depend on this place to give me the hours they promised. :(

time to study for the test from hell tonight........

Kariann said:
Ok so I came home sick last night a couple hours early and immediately fell asleep when I laid down. Tonight I'm feeling A-Ok and am nowhere near sleep. :|

I was going to post something but now I don't remember at all what so I guess I will share that earlier this week I digitally reconstructed a panda bum!

Ummmmm I am glad you are feeling better............
:up:

digitally reconstructed a panda bum??? :huh::lol:

Last night I was on a roll cleaning and getting clothes ready to donate to Goodwill .......................not so much today. It is quite toasty here right now and my motivation is going, going, gone.

I have WKRP on in the background.......:lol:

"why does Les have to do a remote" ~ Andy, program director
"now the crowd is curious but well behaved" ~ Les, reporter
"something just came out of the helicopter, a dark object..................there are no parachutes, yet...................." Les, reporter

Classic, classic, classic :lmao:

:crazy: :scream: I just finished my economics test. It took me over an hour to answer the 60 questions. There's still a few taking it now. He's going to scan them when everyone is done. There's not a chance in hell I passed with a good grade :tsk: :sad: I think that was the hardest test I've ever taken.....

:| I got 93%. HOWEVER.....not without a lot of extra help. He grades us on a curve based on the last 10 classes he has taught. I got 39 out of 60 right. That's a big fat D. We did a game in class on Thursday, similar to Jeopary but in groups of 4. The bonus points from the game were worth 1-6 additional points. If you lost but were still in class to participate, you still got 1 point. My team managed to get 2 extra points. Plus we had a huge pain-in-the-ass extra credit project that was due today. It was worth up to 10 points, depending on how well you did. I got 9 out of 10. He adds 17% to your grade for the curve plus all of the accumulated extra credit points so 65% on the test + 17% for the curve + 11% of extra credit gives me an A. I'm honestly not happy with that. I feel like I practically failed a test and he gave me an A. There were tons of people that have ridiculous scores of 120%. They have an A, I have an A. I got a D on the test and they actually got an A on the test before the additional points are factored in but we still have the same grade. They should be mad, not me. For some reason I'm really upset about it. I think it's because I studied my ass off. I actually studied harder for this test than any other test I've ever taken and I got a D. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. There were people in the lounge after that said they felt like going in their car and crying because it was so hard. I think THAT is why he gives us the 17% extra plus had us do extra credit stuff. Everyone in the class, including all of the slackers that skip other classes and never study, come to this class and study all the damn time because it's so hard. I think the "curve" is really an A for effort. We're going to school to be Chefs, not economists. None of the examples we're given have anything to do with kitchen management or cooking so it makes no sense in my future real world. We have to take a class called cost control in a few weeks. That's all about how to effectively run a restaurant/bakery on a financial level. This class is a bunch of BS that is going to give us all an ulcer. :(

My hot, hot, hot Chef let us out at 8:30 tonight :love: :kiss: I love him! Last night he made us dinner and said it was a made to order kitchen so he'd make each of us anything we wanted with the ingredients he had. :cute: There's only 14 of us in this particular class, and most of his ingredients was sandwich stuff....on baguettes :scream: so it wasn't too hard for him to make us all stuff. We did all of our homework assignments in class and took a test while he cooked for us :heart: /ARW's school week......

Last edited:
snarky days lead to me and J going to the Def Leppard concert at Summerfest.......Styx and Foreigner are also part of the bill.........

:wave:

Vegas was fun (and hot). I posted about the concert in my journal. Kerry was not feeling too good for most of the concert :(, but I had fun :reject:. I think she did by the end too. I asked her if she enjoyed it and she said she did.

shari, did you get to snark on Styxx? :wink:. I guess they're not as snarkworthy now that Dennis DeYoung isn't their singer anymore.

:wave: kelly, welcome back! Glad that you enjoyed the concert :) Too bad about your sister not feeling to great.

Haven't had a chance to snark on Styx, yet..........concert is on the 29th :)

kellyahern said:
:wave:

Vegas was fun (and hot). I posted about the concert in my journal. Kerry was not feeling too good for most of the concert :(, but I had fun :reject:. I think she did by the end too. I asked her if she enjoyed it and she said she did.

welcome back! How did the world of scamming do while you were gone? I haven't been to your site in a few days.

I just looked for Police tickets the other day and found 2 for $90 but no one wants to spend that much to join me :sad: I also can't find anyone that wants to pay $50 to see Def Leppard. :sad:

arw9797 said:

welcome back! How did the world of scamming do while you were gone? I haven't been to your site in a few days.

I just looked for Police tickets the other day and found 2 for $90 but no one wants to spend that much to join me :sad: I also can't find anyone that wants to pay $50 to see Def Leppard. :sad:

No messages from the scammers in my inbox. I guess they didn't miss me :sad:.

Even if you go by yourself, you should go see The Police. $90 is actually a great price :lol:. We paid over $100 and we were 2nd to the last row up top.

For the food network addicts :wink:, in Vegas we ate at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House and Mario Batali's Enoteca San Marco for lunch, and Michael Mina's Nobhill for dinner. Oh, and Quark's Bar at the Star Trek ride, but he isn't on the food network :lol:.

kellyahern said:

No messages from the scammers in my inbox. I guess they didn't miss me :sad:.

Even if you go by yourself, you should go see The Police. $90 is actually a great price :lol:. We paid over $100 and we were 2nd to the last row up top.

For the food network addicts :wink:, in Vegas we ate at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House and Mario Batali's Enoteca San Marco for lunch, and Michael Mina's Nobhill for dinner. Oh, and Quark's Bar at the Star Trek ride, but he isn't on the food network :lol:.

I don't want to go alone :tsk: :( Wanna come to the Twin Cities on July 3rd? :flirt:

and very cool about the restaurants. :love: I've been to Emeril's but not to eat, just to look. I didn't know Mario had a restaurant in Vegas. I'm not too into him. How was the food at all of the places? Any desserts? :love:

I definitely would if I didn't have to work July 4th . . . at 7 a.m. :(. Stupid 4th of July events :grumpy:.

The food was very good. We didn't have desserts at Mario or Emeril's restaurants, but at Nobhill we had a raspberry tart with pistachio mousse :drool:.

And at the Star Trek place, Kerry had banana wontons and I had a cheesecake :).

:tsk: My employer went from "normal" holiday hours of 10-6 on the 4th of July to 9-7............what the hell?!?!?!!?? Everyone is grumpy at work because of it. I don't know why they extended the hours. I mean there are parades galore in the morning and afternoon/evening brings picnics and getting places early for the fireworks. :tsk: The day could have been covered by one person if it were 10-6 and now it will take 2 people to cover the day ~ prolly 5 hours each............../ work rant
Can't wait for that schedule to be posted. At least it is time and a half. /now I am really ending the rant.
Rant continued, it is probably because Kohl's will be open those hours if not later :mad:............I hate having one of those in the mall :mad: / really now I am done with the rant.

Back
Top Bottom