Randooomdumdoooomdum in springtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I don't know if J and I should even go. They have cancelled the Special Olympics event in Stevens Point (this is a HUGE event) and they are telling people not to even travel up there today.
Schools have just been cancelled up there :yikes: The strongest threat for tornadoes is up to where we would be traveling.
Now am I just being a nervous nellie or am I being a responsible adult if I think that going might be a bad idea?
Never ever do I remember a ramp up to "possible" severe weather like they are doing today. :huh: We would only be 69 miles away from where they are saying the worst could hit.

Last edited:
map_spectrop08_ltst_6nh_enus_600x40.jpg

shari schultz said:
Now I don't know if J and I should even go. They have cancelled the Special Olympics event in Stevens Point (this is a HUGE event) and they are telling people not to even travel up there today.
Schools have just been cancelled up there :yikes: The strongest threat for tornadoes is up to where we would be traveling.
Now am I just being a nervous nellie or am I being a responsible adult if I think that going might be a bad idea?
Never ever do I remember a ramp up to "possible" severe weather like they are doing today. :huh: We would only be 69 miles away from where they are saying the worst could hit.

I would keep checking with the concert venue :yikes:.

^ I just e-mailed the venue........

I have been listening to the radio and no one understands why Point cancelled classes. My theory is that they had a leftover snowday and chose to use it just to use it (hot humid day at the end of the school year makes for antsy kids plus storms in the late afternoon).
It is ridiculous here.

The venue just e-mailed me back............I can't get my e-mail to open :happy:
Havin' a fun day so far.............

kellyahern said:
There looks to be a contest that you can enter to become the next Ghost Hunter?

Where is Kariann? :shifty:

With working both jobs I end up going a couple of days without even turning on the computer at times.

I saw the Ghosthunter need for a new person in the paper a couple weeks ago. I told CF about it! Is the show repeats or are they new?

Got the e-mail to finally open~ "Delay or cancellation won't be determined until at least 6 pm. Depending on how the weather looks the concert may start early (it is a 8pm scheduled start) at 6:30 or 7 . Thunderstorms usually last 30-45 minutes and after them we dry off the stage and go on. There is one lot that is covered nearby."

If we could park in that at least hail damage for the car would not be an issue.
Another post from the forum about the 2005 show:

"Remember how those speaker columns that were hanging in the corners of the stage were swinging back and forth? There is a wind advisory today, could get 50 mph winds.

And Kurt's famous line, "I'm about this close to getting electricuted so keep your eyes peeled!""

Be careful, Shari!

Weather.com has updated that lovely image...I'm on the eastern edge of the yellow stripe. :happy:

map_spectrop08_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

That's better than my whole state painted red, but I don't even know where I'd go in this house if we had a tornado.

My car is staying in the garage...as will the roomie's, whose golf-ball-sized-hail damage from last year was just officially fixed yesterday!

Instead I'll be walking down the street to meet some of my kickball team mates. :hyper:

Looks like anything coming to Central Indiana won't be here til 4 am, so I won't get hailed on walking back from the village. :up:

BR, do you have a garage? Maybe Phil will share his carport with you! :D

Schmeg said:
Looks like anything coming to Central Indiana won't be here til 4 am, so I won't get hailed on walking back from the village. :up:

BR, do you have a garage? Maybe Phil will share his carport with you! :D

Fortunately I do have a garage. So the car should be fine. I'm more concerned about the shingles on my roof and the large trees in my backyard. :|

Home............tired...............
Hope everyone is safe tonight! Sorry about the storms Schmeg.......

Blue Room said:

Fortunately I do have a garage. So the car should be fine. I'm more concerned about the shingles on my roof and the large trees in my backyard. :|

We just had a large oak tree taken out of our front yard because it was dead or had some tree disease :huh:. It was huge. My father had it removed because if we got a big storm and the tree happened to fall, it would crash down into the house (specifically my bedroom :yikes: ).

My dad took pictures yesterday. It was kind of cool - tree, stump, gone.

Glad you are home safe shari :). I'm happy you got to go to the concert.

I am amazed at how many trees and tree branches are down in my neighborhood *listening to the call of the not so native chain saw in the background*

shari schultz said:
Home............tired...............
Hope everyone is safe tonight! Sorry about the storms Schmeg.......

They missed me completely. We got ominous clouds and the beeping weather alert on the tv all day but not even a rumble of thunder. A passing storm I don't mind, so I'm almost disappointed!

Was everything intact in your neighborhood, other than the trees? Did Blue Room blow away? One of my customers was in Michigan yesterday and they were told not to drive on the highway due to 75-mph winds, so his trip back to Indy got slightly postponed!

Back
Top Bottom