Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Should be a fun combination:
It is Senior Day all day tomorrow in the store and then add in Tween night in the mall
:happy::happy::|:| (translation = Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy)
:help:

shari schultz said:
Who is Ashley Tisdale? Apparently she will be at my mall Wednesday night.................

Apparently she is in High School Musical...not sure what it's about and didn't even know that until someone told me. She was at the mall where I work for Job 2 on Sunday and we were soooooo lucky to be in the prime location near the center of the mall where she performed. :rolleyes: She did 3 songs and was gone in 20 minutes.

arw9797 said:
I gave my demo speech today on Marzipan. It was actually fun! :huh: Two other people went before me on their speeches and the class was just loud and rude the whole time. But during my speech, everyone listened. Even the dude in the back that only pays attention to his laptop was watching my demo. He closed the computer and moved to the aisle to get a better view. It was a good time. Some day, after I've been a Pastry Chef for a while, maybe owned my own place, I'd love to go back to my school and be an instructor. :shifty: Or....maybe I can make this subject for my first show on Food Network in a few years. :uhoh:

It was good practice.

Woo Hoo! :applaud:

Kariann said:
Thought I would say Hey to everyone! It feels like ages since I've been on here. It seems like everytime I get settled down to spend some time online someone needs help with something. :scream: I had 1 day of working OT this week which is a change from the past month. CF has been working massive OT and with both of us dealing with the stress of parental health issues, working tons of hours and injured appendages over the past couple of months we decided to use our OT earnings an go to NYC at the end of the week.

Last night we went on the lamest ghost walk ever.....they didn't mention a thing about any ghosts at all.

:up: Sounds like fun!

Ghost walk with no ghosts? :huh: That doesn't make sense.

And now the post you've all been waiting for...

:scream: Come ON, Sox! You hit back to back to back homeruns and that STILL does nothing against these Indians!?

At least I get to watch more baseball....

:scream:

:sigh:

Taking it back home to Fenway Thursday night, and Beckett will be pitching. That has to be a good combo.

My classic fan brother has written them off, but I remember 2004.

I have a question for my fellow Midwesterners.

Do your states also panic and cancel or delay school for fog, or is that just Indiana?

I drove the roomie to work today as he has a very bad hamstring injury from kickball and can barely walk, never mind drive. I turned on the news before we left and they were all, "Oh noz! Teh killer fogz!!!" We turn on the radio in the car and the DJ's on most stations are pleading with drivers to be careful, and then listing the delayed/canceled schools. Thing is...it's really not that bad. Visibility is MAYBE down to a quarter of a mile in a few scattered places, at least between the northside and the far southwest. Okay, so I have only lived in one other state, but in that state, fog wasn't weather, it was a way of life. I used to drive to and from work with the visibility down to 10 feet; a quarter mile was pretty typical for the morning before the sun came up. Fog like this wouldn't even have been MENTIONED on the news or the radio. I can see no need to panic and delay school and drive 15 mph under the speed limit, but I come from a different world, which is why I need opinions from other Midwesterners. Thanks!

I know they have delayed school opening here because of fog. , We just had one year anniversary of a horrific pile-up due to fog that came out of nowhere.

Sorry to hear of the roomie's injury. Hope he heals quickly.

Schmeg said:
I have a question for my fellow Midwesterners.

Do your states also panic and cancel or delay school for fog, or is that just Indiana?

I drove the roomie to work today as he has a very bad hamstring injury from kickball and can barely walk, never mind drive. I turned on the news before we left and they were all, "Oh noz! Teh killer fogz!!!" We turn on the radio in the car and the DJ's on most stations are pleading with drivers to be careful, and then listing the delayed/canceled schools. Thing is...it's really not that bad. Visibility is MAYBE down to a quarter of a mile in a few scattered places, at least between the northside and the far southwest. Okay, so I have only lived in one other state, but in that state, fog wasn't weather, it was a way of life. I used to drive to and from work with the visibility down to 10 feet; a quarter mile was pretty typical for the morning before the sun came up. Fog like this wouldn't even have been MENTIONED on the news or the radio. I can see no need to panic and delay school and drive 15 mph under the speed limit, but I come from a different world, which is why I need opinions from other Midwesterners. Thanks!

In Minnesota, we don't panic about anything or cancel anything for any reason. Last February was an exception but I really think they did it because we haven't had a snow day in years and everyone just wanted to stay home for 2 days! :hmm: Can't make it to work but the malls were packed. Interesting.....

Fog, ice, snow, rain, etc. we're on the roads and open for business.

You don't have to read this. I just need to whine for a minute.......

I decided to work at LE today for 5 hours. I was scheduled 10-5 last Wed and today. They said I had to work my entire 7 hour shift or give the day up. If I work 4 hours a week that pays for my insurance for the week so anything else is mine. 3 hours is not a lot of money so I didn't care about giving up the hours since I had Sat off as well. They called back last week and asked if I could work noon to 5 today. I'm not scheduled again until Nov so if anything comes up health related, I'll have to send in my payment on my insurance. Working 5 hours is not going to give me more than $10 after taxes once my insurance is deducted. But I agreed because I have to work at least one 4 hour shift in 30 days or they automatically terminate me :blahblah: even though I still work there. So.......I rushed to get here this morning, completely exhausted from school last night, sat through 5 incredibly boring speeches, and then my speech teacher dismisses up over an hour early. If I wasn't obsessed with perfect attendance I would have skipped today and just worked my full 7 hours. So now I have an hour to kill before going to work and then driving all the way back here by 6:30.

:scream: 3 weeks, 2 1/2 days left and I'm back to a normal schedule. :sad:

ugh

I came home sick earlier today and just woke up. Migraine. I am sitting here watching Ghosthunters and munching on saltine crackers. Still have the headache :( Bad day. Although I missed the High School Musical Tweens so in a way it was a good day. TV and radio were setting up when I left.

It is raining outside and windy. The door keeps rattling when the wind blows. Creepy when watching Ghosthunters.
They are at Sprague Mansion.............Schmeg territory.

:crazy: we had a late night. I just got home not too long ago. :crack: I have to be back at 9 in the morning. An "emergency" student council meeting was called for tomorrow at 4:00 so that means I can't come home in the afternoon and I'll have to do nothing so there goes my nap. I told one of the counselors at school that attends the meetings (she knows ALL about my lovely schedule this term) and she said I could go home after my morning class and skip the meeting. I think she could tell how tired I was at the time because I was a tad snippy with her when she reminded me of the meeting. :reject: I can't imagine having another 14 hour day and then getting up to be back on Friday morning. Saturday cannot come fast enough! I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeping all damn day. :drool: I have so much homework to do in both classes that I'll be plenty busy once I wake up. :(

I burned my hand on the oven tonight :mad: I've had a few nasty sugar burns lately but nothing on the oven since June. :grumpy: This one was so lame too because I was talking to one of the Chefs while I had both hands in the oven and I turned around to answer him and my hand hit the top of the oven. Ouch.

^sounds like you had a lovely day too

I am off today, again. Happily. Off to stand in a HOT shower and try to stop the headache from shifting to the other side.....:sigh:

They just had a news story on High School Musical Girl ~ 4,000 screaming tweens is the estimate...............:crack: So happy I ended up not being there.

^ Yes, a migraine + 4,000 screaming tweens . . . that's cause for justifiable homicide :yes:.

I hope your head feels better and arw, I hope your hand feels better :hug:

Schmeg, I hope your Sox do better . . . but if they don't, like Manny said, it's no big deal *ducks for cover*

kellyahern said:

Schmeg, I hope your Sox do better . . . but if they don't, like Manny said, it's no big deal *ducks for cover*

My friend from my bank job is an Indians fan, and he keeps sending me harassing e-mails about the Indians. :sad: I have an appointment there tomorrow afternoon about merging my various retirement accounts. If the Sox don't win tonight, it IS a big deal because I'm going to have to take the harassment in person and I don't have The Curse of the Bambino to fall back on anymore!

They just can't choke. I am even doing everything I can today; I have come to the realization that all my Red Sox attire is cursed so I'm not even LOOKING at any of it so they get through tonight. :crack:

I just sprinted (as best I could) down to the bank. It was bright and sunny when I left and now is cloudy, windy and dripping with a Tornado Watch until 10 tonight.........well that was good timing.

shari schultz said:
I just sprinted (as best I could) down to the bank. It was bright and sunny when I left and now is cloudy, windy and dripping with a Tornado Watch until 10 tonight.........well that was good timing.

We've been in and out of tornado warnings since last night. :happy: You know how much I love those!

^ours got cancelled :hyper:

Now who wants to help me flip a mattress over? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Ours is on until midnight and the TV is beeping at me now. :happy: But I can see the moon from my front window so I'm not that worried.

Gonna take a shower and think happy thoughts for my Red Sox. :nervous:

The Sox won tonight?

So I am currently wide awake. :grumpy:
Want to sleep .........:help:
Worst part of this? I woke up with the headache again :mad:
October can go away now.

:( I was also awake at 2:55 am Central...getting up for work. I can't tell you how much I like working at 5 am. the morning goes by so fast and then I come home and I get stuff done around the house.

I think there was some tornado activity somewhere between here and Lafayette last night.

AND...
The Sox won! :yippie: They will live to see another day!! Fox played Tessie, the good-luck song by the Dropkick Murphys, during the opening of the broadcast and I knew everything was going to be okay...until they started playing Dirty Water by the Standells as the out-to-commercial music in the 7th inning. Dirty Water is the song played when they win at Fenway, and it is NOT played until the last out of the game is recorded. that made me a little paranoid.

I probably played Tessie 4 or 5 times yesterday myself...

this is so lame......we got out of school tonight at 8:00 :mad: We were going to play tonight with a few things that I was really looking forward to. We have to turn in our portfolio next Friday on our 10 plated desserts. I have soooooo many ideas that my head is going to explode :crack: Well the reason we got out early was due to fish :| There's an early morning culinary class that has to use our baking kitchen for lack of space in the school at that hour. They must have spilled some sort of liquid with fish in it. We were going to clean the marble slabs on the tables because the chocolates class that's in the kitchen, after the culinary class, had a late day today and stayed after to finish their projects almost up until the time that our class was about to begin. They did a horrible job of cleaning up so my cleanliness obsessed Chef decided we would clean up someone else's mess and scrub the marbles. The minute this particular marble slab was moved our kitchen instantly filled with the smells of rotten fish. My Chef almost threw up so we went off to the library to look at dessert books for about 15 minutes while a few people tried to cover up the smell. There's a girl that lives on a farm so she was totally fine with the smell :barf: They tried lemon juice, kitchen solutions, baking soda and it still smelled plus the fans were on full blast and the doors were open. So....we moved to an empty kitchen down the hall but it wasn't the same so after an hour and a half we went home. We all had to make ice cream last night so tonight we plated our ice cream with various garnishes and sauces and then tried them all. :drool: :YUM:

In other exciting news.......I have a job interview tomorrow :faint: It's at a world market. I stopped there yesterday to look for plated dessert accessories and noticed they had a sign up looking for people that can work in the day. That's me! :D I was in full Chef gear with lovely hat hair so I decided to stop back this afternoon in real clothes.

This is weird being home this early. :huh:

^I love World Market!! Good luck! I had one at Kohl's the other day but their pay rate is worse than a little, barely-1-million-dollars-a-year GapKids on a little island in Rhode Island...

Trader Joe's has so far screwed up my schedule three times in the two weeks I've worked there. I am not available on Sundays until November due to kickball, and they scheduled me tomorrow morning (or so I thought...), and then 12-6 next Sunday. This morning I got a call at 6:30 that I was supposed to be there at 5...which I was not when I wrote down my schedule, not to mention I am not available until 4 pm on Saturdays. So I am going to re-write my availability for them and bring it in this afternoon.

I am feeling tired and uninspired to go skating this morning...which is not good because I have an hour and a half of group lessons starting at noon. :yawn:

Back
Top Bottom