Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
shari, where's that dancing cow? :dance:

th_6gopackgo.gif

I just got home from work so the dancing cow is a little late...........better late than never.............

YAY! Da Bears lost :up: Thank you Vikings :)

OK so I made the marzipan stuff. I have a carrot, strawberry, pumpkin, grapes, 2 bananas-1 with the peel down. Also I made a rose and have the items ready to make a caramel apple, banana, carrot, and strawberry :crack: I think that should be enough. I'm going to give a brief history of marzipan, discuss how it's made, how much it costs to buy it premade or make it yourself, then I'm going to demo a few items. Hopefully I won't sound like an idiot or have shaky hands while I'm showing how to make stuff. :eek:

The cow was going to be posted whether anyone asked for it or not :D. It is nice to know that it has a fan club, though :D

All this talk about marzipan is making me want to go to World Market and buy it.........The Christmas stuff is prolly out :drool:

^it's out. I went to WM the other day to see how much a box would be. I bought a orange for $2.50 :yikes: just so I could show how much 1 tiny piece of candy costs.

I just saw the most annoying commerical ever! :barf: It's for some cereal dipping straws. WTF :| The person singing the little jingle has the worst voice ever. Plus, who the hell came up with that idea? What a dumb concept. Let's make cereal in the shape of a straw and then dip it in chocolate and call it breakfast food because you drink milk through it. :der: :down:

Thought I would say Hey to everyone! It feels like ages since I've been on here. It seems like everytime I get settled down to spend some time online someone needs help with something. :scream: I had 1 day of working OT this week which is a change from the past month. CF has been working massive OT and with both of us dealing with the stress of parental health issues, working tons of hours and injured appendages over the past couple of months we decided to use our OT earnings an go to NYC at the end of the week.

Last night we went on the lamest ghost walk ever.....they didn't mention a thing about any ghosts at all.

I gave my demo speech today on Marzipan. It was actually fun! :huh: Two other people went before me on their speeches and the class was just loud and rude the whole time. But during my speech, everyone listened. Even the dude in the back that only pays attention to his laptop was watching my demo. He closed the computer and moved to the aisle to get a better view. It was a good time. Some day, after I've been a Pastry Chef for a while, maybe owned my own place, I'd love to go back to my school and be an instructor. :shifty: Or....maybe I can make this subject for my first show on Food Network in a few years. :uhoh:

It was good practice.

and now it's time to drive back to school to make plated desserts. It's not the double shift that's killing me but the 2+ hours in my car driving back and forth. With zero traffic, it's exactly 30 minutes. On the way home both times, there's not anyone on the road, especially at midnight. But both drives to school are in rush hour so it's more like 45 minutes to a full hour twice a day. :barf: I need to make some new CD's to listen to.

Kariann said:
Thought I would say Hey to everyone! It feels like ages since I've been on here. It seems like everytime I get settled down to spend some time online someone needs help with something. :scream: I had 1 day of working OT this week which is a change from the past month. CF has been working massive OT and with both of us dealing with the stress of parental health issues, working tons of hours and injured appendages over the past couple of months we decided to use our OT earnings an go to NYC at the end of the week.

Last night we went on the lamest ghost walk ever.....they didn't mention a thing about any ghosts at all.

Oh fun stuff. I can't remember but you've never been to NYC before right? :hmm: It's a good time! Busy and exhausting but fun! :yes:

Kariann said:

:wave:
NYC sounds fun! I loved it there. Want to go again someday. Have a good time!

arw9797 said:
I gave my demo speech today on Marzipan. It was actually fun! :huh: Two other people went before me on their speeches and the class was just loud and rude the whole time. But during my speech, everyone listened. Even the dude in the back that only pays attention to his laptop was watching my demo. He closed the computer and moved to the aisle to get a better view. It was a good time. Some day, after I've been a Pastry Chef for a while, maybe owned my own place, I'd love to go back to my school and be an instructor. :shifty: Or....maybe I can make this subject for my first show on Food Network in a few years. :uhoh:

It was good practice.

:applaud:
Iron Pastry Chef Amanda :up:

School sucked ass tonight and it didn't have to. Maybe if my Chef wouldn't treat us like employees......her favorite comment that she says constantly is [insert condescending tone]"Oh, that's an interesting technique. I wouldn't have done it that way...." She says that about EVERYTHING we do but tonight was apple night and she completely flipped out that we all used our vegetable peeler to peel the apples and then our apple CORER to remove the cores instead of using a paring knife. :crazy: Using a peeler takes that same amount of time but cuts down on waste. Anytime I've used a knife I end up cutting into the apple. Meanwhile......five other Chefs have pounded it in our heads to always use a veggie peeler to get an even look. :mad: After she makes her little comment she proceeds to tell us her way of doing it and then mumbles to herself that maybe she needs to just demo everything to us so we get it right. :crack:

3 weeks, 4 days and then I'm back to making fun cakes with my favorite instructor :drool:

Last edited:
arw9797 said:
School sucked ass tonight and it didn't have to. Maybe if my Chef wouldn't treat us like employees......her favorite comment that she says constantly is [insert condescending tone]"Oh, that's an interesting technique. I wouldn't have done it that way...." She says that about EVERYTHING we do but tonight was apple night and she completely flipped out that we all used our vegetable peeler to peel the apples and then our apple CORER to remove the cores instead of using a paring knife. :crazy: Using a peeler takes that same amount of time but cuts down on waste. Anytime I've used a knife I end up cutting into the apple. Meanwhile......five other Chefs have pounded it in our heads to always use a veggie peeler to get an even look. :mad: After she makes her little comment she proceeds to tell us her way of doing it and then mumbles to herself that maybe she needs to just demo everything to us so we get it right. :crack:

3 weeks, 4 days and then I'm back to making fun cakes with my favorite instructor :drool:

I like the peeler idea! I never thought about it and always grabbe a paring knife.............I can vouch for how much waste there ends up being.

Back
Top Bottom