Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just spent two and a half hours sitting at Volkswagen, waiting for a problem with my car to not get fixed. :angry: The airbag light is on, and the horn doesn't blow (which is a very serious issue for this New Englander in Indiana where people don't go when the light turns green). they have to order a part to fix it. The guy answered his cell phone in the middle of telling me why I'd been sitting there for two and a half hours, and then told me VW will call with a survey about his service, and said he hopes I give him all 10's. :huh:

Schmeg said:

It's really not that exciting; they wheel and deal with various vendors, and if a decent product can't be sold at a competitive price, it disappears.

I mentioned your oatmeal to the store manger yesterday and there were apparently quality issues with it. He did not elaborate on what sort of quality issues.

:huh: how odd. Both TJ's that I shop at still sells the brand, just not the flavor I want. I have seen it at certain grocery stores but for somewhere in the $5.00 range. TJ's had it for half that. Too bad for me :(

Schmeg said:
I just spent two and a half hours sitting at Volkswagen, waiting for a problem with my car to not get fixed. :angry: The airbag light is on, and the horn doesn't blow (which is a very serious issue for this New Englander in Indiana where people don't go when the light turns green). they have to order a part to fix it. The guy answered his cell phone in the middle of telling me why I'd been sitting there for two and a half hours, and then told me VW will call with a survey about his service, and said he hopes I give him all 10's. :huh:

:yikes: I got a serious talkin' to by my oil change guy a few months ago. He pulled me aside away from the other customers waiting. He lectured me for a good 5 minutes on the condition of my car and my unwillingness to let them fix it. Then he said he hopes I'll consider letting them do the work on the car real soon because they enjoy my business :rolleyes: Unfortunately my dad does not work for a dealer anymore so I can't have him verify the issues with my car. But from his experience, there's nothing wrong with it other than this particular dealer wanted to make money off of me that day. So I will not be going there anymore!

I forgot my ipod. Damn. I don't carry it with me anymore because I have way too many other things to keep track of. I only bring it on days where I'm stuck at school for a long time. :grumpy:

Schmeg said:
Enjoying the Midwest way of driving, huh:wink:?
He answered his cell while talking to you? Good god :|Sitting there for 2 1/2 hours :| and he hopes that you will give him all 10's in the survey about service....................:lmao: he made a funny

This is truly shocking........my new STRICT Chef let us out over an hour early tonight. She said she felt bad for keeping us at least 15 minutes late each night this week so she wanted to make up for it. Plus, she let us make dinner! We didn't have any assignments tonight other than to make pizza dough for pizzas plus fruit pizzas. Then.......she tells us that tomorrow night instead of making new stuff, we're going to do iron Chef. She's going to make a bunch of garnishes and sauces, we have to each make a few small tarts and then plate everything using the rest of the things she's providing. Tonight was the best night at school since we switched Chefs almost 2 weeks ago. But she's still got 4 weeks left! :ugh:

shari schultz said:

Enjoying the Midwest way of driving, huh:wink:?
He answered his cell while talking to you? Good god :|Sitting there for 2 1/2 hours :| and he hopes that you will give him all 10's in the survey about service....................:lmao: he made a funny

When I was really only driving to the bank and back, which took all of 10 minutes if the traffic was bad, I could just shrug and get on with my life. Now I am driving 35 miles to the rink on the southside and people, there is NO reason why it should take me an HOUR to go 35 miles on a Saturday morning. :huh:

The 2 1/2 hours wasn't his fault, but when he told me about the survey and asked for 10's, I almost asked him, "Would you give someone who answered their cell phone in front of you all 10's?" If he had been around my age or younger I might have; he looked older than my dad so I didn't see any reason to get snippy with him. And he has to call me back when my part comes in and I'd like to receive that call sooner than later. :D

I mistook my left index finger for a cucumber while making a salad last night and I'm afraid to take off the band-aid. :happy:

I finally got my financial aid situation cleared up. All of the money that is mine to live off of is in my account. I have more money than I expected to have and I get 1 more round in January. I'm totally screwing myself by living off of a loan and not working but whatever. I can't work now other than the 10 hours a week at the store. School is my job. At least I don't have to stress about that one anymore. It's been a long 2 months of crap with the financial aid office. It's really sad when you walk into the office and your rep greets you with a happy "hhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! How are you today?!?!?!?! :hyper:" like you're here best friend and then states that she was just about to call me to see if I was in the building yet. :yikes:

Someone remind me to buy 9-volt batteries. We have TWO beeping smoke detectors in this house. One is in the kitchen, tucked away next to the door down to the garage. The other is in the bedroom. :mad: :yawn:

I am hoarse from yelling to beginner skaters for an hour and a half. I had so much fun- I taught my basic synchro kids to make two lines into a circle, and then turn backwards in the circle, and they totally impressed themselves. :cute:

Schmeg said:
I am hoarse from yelling to beginner skaters for an hour and a half. I had so much fun- I taught my basic synchro kids to make two lines into a circle, and then turn backwards in the circle, and they totally impressed themselves. :cute:

was today your first day?

:drool: I'm baking the following today:

Bread pudding with apples and pecans in the pan along with the bread....this is already finished. Just letting it rest in the fridge before I bake it. I went through an entire loaf of texas toast, 5 apples, 10 eggs, and a quart of milk :yikes: This is an experiment for a brunch my parents are having next month.

Applesauce :love:

Either an apple tart or an apple struedel.....it's apple week since I bought a crapload at an orchard last weekend.

THEN..........I'm making a chocolate guinness cake! :faint: :drool:

After that I have to color marzipan and make it into fun fruit and veggie shapes. I'm giving a speech on Monday on how to use marzipan. :cute:

:ohmy: I made the Guinness cake tonight. I wasn't sure if I'd like it. It's a chocolate cake with a pint mixed into it. I'm not a fan of chocolate cake :tsk: so I was expecting the worst but something kept telling me I had to make it. All I taste is Guinness!!!!!!! It's a keeper :yes: It was enough batter for 3 cakes :crack:

I need 2 chocolate items for my 10 plated dessert presentation in a few weeks. I'm going to make this in a loaf pan and then use a slice as part of 1 chocolate plate.

:nerd: :reject:

arw9797 said:

was today your first day?

No, second, but last week we mostly talked about different holds and "no chicken elbows," (nice, locked elbows so circles stay round and lines stay straight) so this was BIG. :D

Eric fucking Gagne. :scream: Why the HELL did they ever put him in for a save?!

:| My parents called on their way home from where ever they were and said they were stopping at the store for a few items so I can make dinner tonight. I love how I'm automatically volunteered for things in the kitchen now. I need a break from thinking about food every now and then. :(

I think I'm just going to whip up a little pasta dish. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom