Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
I am home from the East Coast Christmas Extravaganza with a suitcase full of presents and a lovely cold! Had some soup, orange juice, and Tylenol Cold, so I should be all right tomorrow for the 8th Day of Christmas (Party with the Airline Family). We had a great Christmas...it's always great to see the families.

I was going to post my presents in the appropriate thread but I got so much stuff I can't remember it all! I think I am going to settle on the couch with some tea and a Red Sox DVD until I have to go pick up the roomie at work. :)

the winter colds are always my favorite :( Hope it doesn't last long.....

Post your stuff! I love reading all of the lists! Fun stuff :heart:

:der: x 100000000000000000000000000000000

I swear my family will never give me credit for all the things my school has pounded in my head.

My brother's bday is this weekend so I had to bake his cake. I forgot to pick up the stuff at the store today but my mom always has the stuff on hand to make my grandma's famous lemon coconut cake. Just lemon cake, lemon pie filling, white frosting, and coconut flakes. When I make it, I always make the cake and frosting from scratch :rolleyes: But anyways I knew she would have the above items since they are staples in our baking cabinet. So......I made the cake, added some chocolate chips to it, then instead of putting a mound of coconut on top and calling it good, I took some of the frosting and mixed it with the pie filling to give it a yellow color. Then I made a border. THEN.....it gets better :der: I melted some chocolate I use when I make truffles and I wrote "happy birthday Rob" on it. My mom came out and saw it, probably expecting the typical lemon/coconut cake from a box look and gave me a :shocked: and then said "how the hell did you do that in such a short amount of time??!?!" Like I hadn't planned it or anything. Plus.....a Pastry Chef is always thinking about the next move on the product being made. It took longer to bake and cool than it did for me to figure out how to decorate it giving it a nicer look than the box cake usually looks like. Plus, I do feel like an ass making him a cake from a box when I could have made a much nicer cake from scratch so I wanted to try to put forth some sort of effort into making it look like a birthday cake. But he won't care.

:uhoh: I'm full of rambling posts tonight. I stopped drinking wine an hour ago too! :der::reject:

cake sounds yummy.

Today is the opposite of the other day ~ I just want to go to work and get it over with. Great attitude huh?

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am off and can watch the snow fall and then go shovel it at my leisure............don't have to race to get it done to get to work.

ETA going to go see National Treasure on Saturday afternoon :yippie:

I haven't been this sick in years. It's been in my chest, my head and now my ears. I voluntarily made a doctor's appt....that is how bad it is. I've felt so bad that I haven't even given second thought to using up all of my PTO. It seems like I'll start feeling a bit better not long before bed and then in the middle of the night I get slammed by the next phase.

*whine*

:( ^ hopefully the Dr. can prescribe something.

There was one year around here that the stores all sold out of Mucinex because that was the only thing that worked on the cold. It was what worked for me in the end.

We are in the middle of a nice white-out. Airport just shut down.
Will this fun ever end?
*afraid to click on the flashing weather alert thingy* :sigh:

:drool:
excuse me, I have to go stare at the tv now...........The Joshua Tree LE set just arrived
:drool:

I love the UPS guy, a white out didn't stop him :heart:

Just as a precaution, as I am hearing the music from JAWS in the back of my head and picturing Doozer coming in for the "kill", I shall now post 1000 and begin a new Randooomdumdooomdoooom :D

Back
Top Bottom