Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #946
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
My mom just informed me that our annual xmas day movie trip this year will be the one with Tom Hanks. .
Charlie Wilson's War = waste of my time!!!!!!!!!

I felt like I needed to have read up on history before I went to the movie. I hated it!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see Sweeney Todd and Golden Compass while I'm on break.

I'm so mad about my afternoon today with this movie. My parents and brother liked it and had conversations about it in the car like they knew what the hell happened but I guess I'm too out of touch with this stuff to know anything about anything these days.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #947
arw
Blue Crack Addict

How was everyone's holiday?

Outside of my awful movie experience today, I had a lovely day. It snowed buckets today while we were in the movie and continued all the way on our journey into St Paul to find any open asian food restaurant as that was the only thing my grandpa wanted for dinner. Everywhere we went was closed except for his favorite Jewish deli. Once we finally got to the house, I spent the day napping on my favorite couch. Then we drove around St Paul and Summit Ave to see the old mansions all lit up. I hate to spend any money on winter weather gear but if this snow keeps up I'm going to have to buy boots. I have no clue where mine are and there's more snow outside right now than we've probably had in the last 5 winter's combined.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #948
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Charlie Wilson's War = waste of my time!!!!!!!!!

I felt like I needed to have read up on history before I went to the movie. I hated it!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see Sweeney Todd and Golden Compass while I'm on break.

I'm so mad about my afternoon today with this movie. My parents and brother liked it and had conversations about it in the car like they knew what the hell happened but I guess I'm too out of touch with this stuff to know anything about anything these days.
really?? I don't know much about history but the movie is written my Aaron Sorkin and I his writing..............huge fan of Sports Night and West Wing and The American President.
Sorry to hear of your movie experience. Would like to see Sweeney Todd and the sequel to National Treasure.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #949
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Old 12-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #950
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
How was everyone's holiday?

Outside of my awful movie experience today, I had a lovely day. It snowed buckets today while we were in the movie and continued all the way on our journey into St Paul to find any open asian food restaurant as that was the only thing my grandpa wanted for dinner. Everywhere we went was closed except for his favorite Jewish deli. Once we finally got to the house, I spent the day napping on my favorite couch. Then we drove around St Paul and Summit Ave to see the old mansions all lit up. I hate to spend any money on winter weather gear but if this snow keeps up I'm going to have to buy boots. I have no clue where mine are and there's more snow outside right now than we've probably had in the last 5 winter's combined.
sounds like a good afternoon
We drove around the mansions on the lakefront one year and gorgeous!
I did some quality napping and am now quite fearful that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I hate boots. I always have. I have one pair and I gotta say they are the most uncomfortable shoes.............esp. now after the whole broken leg/nerve damage/drop foot after effects of it. Plus I don't feel safe in them while walking. Athletic shoes have become my life, shoe-wise.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #951
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

really?? I don't know much about history but the movie is written my Aaron Sorkin and I his writing..............huge fan of Sports Night and West Wing and The American President.
Sorry to hear of your movie experience. Would like to see Sweeney Todd and the sequel to National Treasure.
well per the person who answered my post in the movie forum, most people have basic knowledge of the cold war. good thing I'm not most people I guess.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #952
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Kerry and I saw Sweeney Todd today. It was good, but not a "feel good" movie if you know what I mean. The movie has a very dark ending, the credits roll, I turn to my sister and shout, "Merry Christmas!"

I'm such a smartass sometimes

We saw Walk Hard yesterday. Sweeney Todd was better.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #953
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
Kerry and I saw Sweeney Todd today. It was good, but not a "feel good" movie if you know what I mean. The movie has a very dark ending, the credits roll, I turn to my sister and shout, "Merry Christmas!"

I'm such a smartass sometimes

We saw Walk Hard yesterday. Sweeney Todd was better.
CF and I were supposed to go see it tonight and do our gift exchange but I've ended up getting sick and have barely been out of bed today. I woke up last night and I swore my throat was on fire it was so sore.

At work we were talking about the fact the in the last few movies Johnny Depp has done with Tim Burton his characters all look similar in a way...super pale and wild crazy hair....basically variations on Edward Scissorhands.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #954
arw
Blue Crack Addict

What is Walk Hard?

I really should read the entertainment section of the paper tomorrow morning! I have no clue about anything. The only reason I know about Sweeney Todd is because of Johnny Depp. The only reason I've hard about Golden Compass is because at both jobs and at school, people have talked about it. Then today at the theater while in line, everyone in front of us was buying tickets to it and my mom said it was a toss up between the movie we saw and that one.

I'm so out of touch with real life. Now you're going to tell me that U2 is going on tour next week right? I know it probably looks like I'm online a lot but it's really only for an hour or two at night....or I should say early in the morning hours after school. And I'm usually doing homework at the same time I'm online.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #955
ONE
love, blood, life

I liked Tom Hanks in Apollo 13, Philadelphia. Forrest Gump got real old, real fast in my book ( I cringe when I see it on tv now). I did not care for Castaway at all.

I guess I just really want to hear Aaron Sorkins words more than anything. I loved the "patter" in his previous works.

kelly, being a smartass
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #956
Blue Crack Supplier

It's a spoof of musician biopics like Walk the Line. The same people who made that Ricky Bobby movie made this one.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #957
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

CF and I were supposed to go see it tonight and do our gift exchange but I've ended up getting sick and have barely been out of bed today. I woke up last night and I swore my throat was on fire it was so sore.

At work we were talking about the fact the in the last few movies Johnny Depp has done with Tim Burton his characters all look similar in a way...super pale and wild crazy hair....basically variations on Edward Scissorhands.

I hate being sick.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #958
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

ooooo sick on Christmas
from a long distance away.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #959
Blue Crack Supplier

Sore throats suck

Old 12-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #960
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
that Ricky Bobby movie

um yeah.....no clue what that is. I really do live in a hole don't I? I used to see every single movie and watch every single TV show I had time for and now if it doesn't involved food, no clue.