Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #781
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
MIXTURE OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AFTER
3 AM...AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON TUESDAY. ICE
ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD REACH 1/4 TO 1/2 OF AN INCH...WITH UP TO
AROUND 1 INCH OF SNOW ACCUMULATION AS WELL.

AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS
WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY
DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU
MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR
VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND WINDS WILL
LIKELY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES AND FALLING TREE BRANCHES THAT
ADD TO THE DANGER

Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM   #782
ONE
love, blood, life

well sprinkled ice on the driveway and brought some ice inside to use on the way out tomorrow.
I still have hope that this will miss us.
Two ice storms in one year so far.................bad, bad, bad, bad........

When I can't sleep it will be because of the caramel machiatto I stopped and had on the way out of work today ~not smart~ I am feeling quite wired right now.
going to turn out the lights and lay in bed quetly now and this will hopefully promote relaxation and then sleep./ rambling

Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #783
ONE
love, blood, life

ice
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 AM   #784
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I have to get up at 7:30 to go to work tomorrow but I can't sleep because I'm too cold. I'm also so frustrated over this cold air in my room that I'm ready to go upstairs and wake my dad up. If I can't get any rest because I'm cold then he shouldn't get a full nights sleep either. I've offered countless times for years and years to pay the entire heat bill in order to get warm and he's declined so it's not as if I'm being an ungrateful brat for them letting me live with them again. I've offered rent money, heat money, grocery money and they've turned it down.

I'm frustrated. My nose is plugged and my throat is throbbing right now. I woke up yesterday with a bloody nose and then everyone at work kept telling me I sounded like I have a cold. I don't have a cold or a sinus infection because I'm fine once I'm outside of this house in warm air. I sleep in 50 degrees every night so it takes a while for my head to unclog. It's also colder this year than it has been in years so it only adds to my stress over this. I just wrote my dad a note and put it on his phone so he sees it tomorrow morning. I thought about sending my parents a begging email about the heat but I don't want them to walk into that first thing tomorrow morning at work. That will only cause a fight between them all day long because my mom is livid over the way my dad controls the heat around here. I'll just wait until my mom is home for the day tomorrow and then call her. That way she can bother him in person over this. I still have to get through the 2 coldest months of the year before I move. I can't continue to live like this. I have 7 blankets on my bed and sleep with 2 hoodies on with the hoods up and I still shake until I fall asleep.

I'd turn it up myself but he has it programmed so nothing will happen if it's touched. How nice.

Sorry. I just needed to get that out before I rip someone's head off.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #785
ONE
love, blood, life

^

off to work
Old 12-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 02:13 AM
I'm sorry arw .

I hate having the heat on, but 50 degrees is way too cold .
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #787
ONE
love, blood, life

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer so good!
I have a very short shift tomorrow ~ only till 11:45. Sale prep for Friday and Saturday. Christmas shopping afterwards. I would really like to be done shopping by the end of tomorrow. Friday I could wrap the gifts.
Hannah Montana appears to be coming here *girly screams ~ NOT*
Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #788
arw
Blue Crack Addict

ok so maybe not 50 degrees but close to it. He sets it for anywhere between 60-62 at night. He also sets it so it doesn't go off from about 11 PM to 6 AM. So in order for the heater to turn on that means it has to drop below the set temp of 60-62 But it's colder in my room because it's downstairs for one, and the other reason is we have a pond in th back. It's small but I really think the ice makes it colder in the rooms that face the back.

So I spoke to my mom today. She was already pissed at my dad for eating some cookies that I specifically told him not to as they are for a gift for someone So then I threw in the heat situation. She gave him a little talking to while we were on the phone. Right now it's set at 70 It's also cycled once since I've been home. It won't last. He'll do this for a few days and then it'll go back to the same old frozen hell for me.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #789
Blue Crack Addict

I have been MIA from Randoom. Sorry about that!

I am currently waiting to hear back from the job I interviewed for. I had a second interview on Monday, and that lady told me that the other people who interviewed me told her that she had to talk to me because I was so great. HR left a message on the answering machine yesterday that I didn't get until late last night, and she didn't sound like she had good news. I just called her back and left a message. I might throw up...I really want this job!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #790
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer so good!
I have a very short shift tomorrow ~ only till 11:45. Sale prep for Friday and Saturday. Christmas shopping afterwards. I would really like to be done shopping by the end of tomorrow. Friday I could wrap the gifts.
Hannah Montana appears to be coming here *girly screams ~ NOT*
Cherry Wheat =

I work 3 am to 11 am tomorrow. I really don't care for that shift, to tell you the truth...Getting up at 2 am is no fun! ut at least Hannah Montana won't appear at my store!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

She called back and...

I have a new job! I start January 2! I will be making almost what I made at the Gap so I will actually be able to afford stuff again! I have a whole FIVE days of vacation time but that's okay; the other benefits balance it out. They have actual time off at the holidays, instead of extended and/or insane hours, so that's cool and not part of any working culture I've ever experience.

I will be an assistant underwriter for an insurance company that works with small fleet trucking companies.

Got to get over to Joe's and pick up my check and tell them the bad news. No more lifting heavy boxes at 3 am for me (after December 30)!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #792
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Congratulations!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #793
ONE
love, blood, life

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
She called back and...

I have a new job! I start January 2! I will be making almost what I made at the Gap so I will actually be able to afford stuff again! I have a whole FIVE days of vacation time but that's okay; the other benefits balance it out. They have actual time off at the holidays, instead of extended and/or insane hours, so that's cool and not part of any working culture I've ever experience.

I will be an assistant underwriter for an insurance company that works with small fleet trucking companies.

Got to get over to Joe's and pick up my check and tell them the bad news. No more lifting heavy boxes at 3 am for me (after December 30)!
Fantastic news...............go celebrate!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #794
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 AM   #795
Blue Crack Addict

Doozer!

Thanks, Kelly & Shari!

It is far too early to be alive...I just attempted to make coffee but forgot to put coffee in the coffee maker. I heated up some water instead.