Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
Have I ever mentioned how much I just love working in retail? I can't stand how some customers treat me like I'm some uneducated idiot because I work in a store. Between Friday and today, I'm ready to quit both jobs. People talk to me like I'm a complete dumb ass. I never talk to anyone like that when I go into a store. I wouldn't trade either job though for my nasty job that I quit for school so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Only a few months left and then hopefully I'll be behind the scenes and won't have to deal with the general public like this anymore. Some people are completely nuts when they shop.
I hear you! People treated me better when I was a retail manager instead of some grocery store slave. They're so weird; they expect you to know every single detail about cheese and wine and diets for people with Celiac disease and diabetes, but at the same time they think you can't count money or know to put all their frozen food in the same bag.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #557
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:35 AM
^ Customers have been exceptionally condescending this year. Off to another day of joy
I don't think it is gonna get any better with all the news stories about retailers hurting and all the deals they will be offering.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
^ Customers have been exceptionally condescending this year. Off to another day of joy
I was in a frighteningly good mood today (despite throwing a bag containing two glass bottles of water on the floor) and when someone refused to look at me or speak to me I cheerfully called, "Have a happy Thanksgiving!" at her back, to laughter from the next customer.

One more day and I basically have three days off...3 pm Wednesday to 4 pm Saturday. And hopefully this wonderfully spring-like weather will stay and I'll get home easily Thursday morning!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

I have to finish doing laundry and pack for the aforementioned trip home. I don't feel like doing either. I also have to clean up the kitchen, take the trash downstairs, and fold some sheets. I think we're having some friends over for a pre-Thanksgiving feast tomorrow and I feel like I should bake something them, instead of just heating up Trader Joe's food. I might make some death by chocolate cookies.

Speaking of cooking...I burned microwave turkey meatballs and ruined a Tupperware container.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #560
ONE
love, blood, life

Safe travels

One more day of work to go until T-day and then Black Friday *horrors*. I somehow was given Saturday off
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 PM   #561
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I got my tail out of bed super early this morning and headed on over to Best Buy before work. The packaging on the super deluxe Joshua Tree is so beautiful. Also, Wave of Sorrow is amazing. I'm glad I decided to get it now. I was going to wait until after the holidays but then I saw that BB was selling it for a good price. $40 well spent on myself today!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #562
ONE
love, blood, life

out of touch a little bit with the U2 stuff.
It will have to wait until after the holidays for me.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #563
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Amazon has sent me the wonderful "your package has shipped" e-mail. It made me happy until I realized I could get it cheaper elsewhere .

I'll have to ease the waiting by watching the Red Hill video again. Cheesy 80s goodness + hot, overly dramatic Bono .

Did anyone else think, when watching that video, "if that's 20 years ago, that means all those canaries are dead now."?

Just me? Thought so
Old 11-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #564
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
out of touch a little bit with the U2 stuff.
It will have to wait until after the holidays for me.
I'm with you in being out of touch. I totally forgot seeing something about Joshua Tree until I saw the Best Buy ad Sunday. I remember thinking that I should stop by on lunch and pick it up but then forgot about it again until now. I even had to turn around in the BB parking lot tonight after going for drinks after work. We went to this dive bar here in town that S has wanted to go to for awhile for the entertainment facor combined with the fact that you can usually get drinks cheap. It was hilarious because the people were exactly what we expected.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #565
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I'm with you in being out of touch. I totally forgot seeing something about Joshua Tree until I saw the Best Buy ad Sunday. I remember thinking that I should stop by on lunch and pick it up but then forgot about it again until now. I even had to turn around in the BB parking lot tonight after going for drinks after work. We went to this dive bar here in town that S has wanted to go to for awhile for the entertainment facor combined with the fact that you can usually get drinks cheap. It was hilarious because the people were exactly what we expected.
It's only on sale for $40 through tomorrow, at least according to their ad. I learned long ago that the best place to get something like this is at BB on the day it comes out. It's generally the cheapest it will ever be on the first day.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

The roomie picked up the special edition on his way home tonight. He pulled into the garage with Streets blasting.

If I don't see you on the crack here, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

I've already had an angst-ridden phone chat with my friend in CT about what we're wearing to our high school reunion Friday night. I don't know why I'm freaking out; I never liked any of those people anyway, and it's just a bunch of girls.

Also: Stella Italia Pinot Grigio is some powerful stuff. Two glasses and I'm ready to pass out on the couch.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #567
ONE
love, blood, life

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Survived Black Friday sale set up ~now to survive Black Friday
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Randooom!

Shari, I dont envy you with Black friday. I worked retail in college and Christmas time was miserable. The worst day for me was always the day after Christmas with all the returns.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Happy Thanksgiving

Off to take Grandma out to dinner this afternoon (I'd rather stay home and watch shari's Packers ).
Old 11-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #570
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I made the pumpkin pies this year and did most of the turkey preparation. A small part of me almost told my mom to relax and I would do the entire thing but after coming to my senses I realized that I'm not ready for that although I really do think if I put my mind to it could possibly enjoy cooking.