Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shari schultz said:
I :heart: the way the house smells right now..............
Balsam & Cedar candle mixed with mistletoe fragrance mixed with ham.......................SO good!

The phrase of the day is, "The more the merrier".
Two more people are a'comin' tonight...............you should have seen my father's face when as I was talking to my cousin on the phone I used that phrase................
Dad: The more the merrier?!?!?!!?????? :huh:
Me: yep, add B.............:D

that's like our house too! We always plan for a few extra people because you just never know who is going to be looking for a place for the holidays. My mom gets that from my grandma. Everyone knew they could always come to my grandma's for any meal any time of the year if they were looking for a homecooked meal and conversation.

Have a great time tonight with your family!

:der:

Last week my mom gave me some Burt's Bees banana hand cream that came in a gift set she got. My hands are so bad from the sanitzer sinks at school and nothing I've used has helped. I'm just in love with the Burt. :love: I hate any banana with a passion but this stuff really works! :love: I've even tried some of the other hand creams from Burt's Bees and it hasn't worked. This stuff smells like paint but I'd rather think I smell like paint than bananas :barf: So all week now I've been to every store in town that sells Burt's and I've also been outbid on ebay tons of times. So.....:der: I checked to see if they have an ordering option on their website and they do. Plus, it's free shipping until the end of the year. I can't believe I just thought of this now. I could have saved myself the trouble of driving all over and then the whole ebay thing. :der:

:uhoh: I have a feeling I'm going to be talking to myself a lot tonight here. :reject:

This is, I think, my favorite part of Christmas Eve.........the shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped, good food was made and eaten, family has come and gone after catching up and laughs were had, cleaning up is just about finished and the Christmas tree lights are on and sparkling with Christmas music playing softly in the background................*perfection*
All is calm, all is bright :heart:
Merry Christmas Randoooooooomers!

:reject: with all the Christmas craziness forgot to wish arw a Happy Hanukkah, sorry :(

My mom just informed me that our annual xmas day movie trip this year will be the one with Tom Hanks. He kind of bugs me sometimes. I have no clue what it's about nor do I have any idea what any other movies out there are about. That's what happens I guess when you're not home at night to watch TV and see commercials. I really feel so out of touch with TV and movies from this past year. I hope it's good. I was in the mood for something like the new Johnny Depp :drool: movie instead but I'll go later this week, at night (!) with my friends. He's about the only actor out there that I pay any attention to so I actually did look him up a few weeks ago to see if there was a new one out with him. And there is :yes:

I kind of miss the days of Lord of the Rings at the holidays. That was always fun going on those adventures.

I think I'm going to have a looooooooooong 2 weeks. I should be packing up my stuff right now and heading home from school for the night after running around the kitchen for a few hours. It's hard taking a long break like this, especially now that I'm so close to being done. I know it's the holidays and all but I would have rather just kept on going and started my new class tonight.

I think it's going to be very hard for me to adjust to being home at night for 2 weeks with no homework or anything to keep myself busy.

I finally found out what my itunes store issue was on my computer. I swear I looked on the website a few months ago and found nothing. There's tons of info. I guess my stupid McAffe firewal, that I hate and causes more harm than good, blocked anything itunes store related :mad: This has been going on since the summer when I received a few free songs in an email. I can't even remember why I got them but all I know is I tried for hours to find something on apple's website to figure out how to use my free songs. Now they have long expired but at least I can get into it again. It was driving me nuts because anytime I put a cd into my computer, itunes would say it's offline and doesn't recognize the cd. :sad: That sucked.

On another itunes note........they still do not have the original version of NIB by Black Sabbath :scream: They have the live version, which I have on another cd, but not the original. The cd that I have with that song is just scratched to hell. I think I should just buy a new copy and be done with it.

exciting afternoon planned:
nap, checking out a couple of the Peanuts books I got, leftovers, The Simpsons Movie and then bed so I can get up at the butt crack of dawn to go sell clearance Christmas stuff.............buh-bye Christmas, hello Spring stuff :drool:

arw9797 said:
My mom just informed me that our annual xmas day movie trip this year will be the one with Tom Hanks. .

Charlie Wilson's War = waste of my time!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I felt like I needed to have read up on history before I went to the movie. I hated it!!!!!!!!!!! :barf: :madspit:

I want to see Sweeney Todd and Golden Compass while I'm on break.

I'm so mad about my afternoon today with this movie. My parents and brother liked it and had conversations about it in the car like they knew what the hell happened but I guess I'm too out of touch with this stuff to know anything about anything these days.

How was everyone's holiday?

Outside of my awful movie experience today, I had a lovely day. It snowed buckets today while we were in the movie and continued all the way on our journey into St Paul to find any open asian food restaurant as that was the only thing my grandpa wanted for dinner. Everywhere we went was closed except for his favorite Jewish deli. Once we finally got to the house, I spent the day napping on my favorite couch. Then we drove around St Paul and Summit Ave to see the old mansions all lit up. I hate to spend any money on winter weather gear but if this snow keeps up I'm going to have to buy boots. I have no clue where mine are and there's more snow outside right now than we've probably had in the last 5 winter's combined. :yikes:

arw9797 said:

Charlie Wilson's War = waste of my time!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I felt like I needed to have read up on history before I went to the movie. I hated it!!!!!!!!!!! :barf: :madspit:

I want to see Sweeney Todd and Golden Compass while I'm on break.

I'm so mad about my afternoon today with this movie. My parents and brother liked it and had conversations about it in the car like they knew what the hell happened but I guess I'm too out of touch with this stuff to know anything about anything these days.

really?? I don't know much about history but the movie is written my Aaron Sorkin and I :heart: his writing..............huge fan of Sports Night and West Wing and The American President.
Sorry to hear of your movie experience. Would like to see Sweeney Todd and the sequel to National Treasure.

arw9797 said:
How was everyone's holiday?

Outside of my awful movie experience today, I had a lovely day. It snowed buckets today while we were in the movie and continued all the way on our journey into St Paul to find any open asian food restaurant as that was the only thing my grandpa wanted for dinner. Everywhere we went was closed except for his favorite Jewish deli. Once we finally got to the house, I spent the day napping on my favorite couch. Then we drove around St Paul and Summit Ave to see the old mansions all lit up. I hate to spend any money on winter weather gear but if this snow keeps up I'm going to have to buy boots. I have no clue where mine are and there's more snow outside right now than we've probably had in the last 5 winter's combined. :yikes:

sounds like a good afternoon :)
We drove around the mansions on the lakefront one year and :drool: gorgeous!
I did some quality napping and am now quite fearful that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I hate boots. I always have. I have one pair and I gotta say they are the most uncomfortable shoes.............esp. now after the whole broken leg/nerve damage/drop foot after effects of it. Plus I don't feel safe in them while walking. Athletic shoes have become my life, shoe-wise.

shari schultz said:

really?? I don't know much about history but the movie is written my Aaron Sorkin and I :heart: his writing..............huge fan of Sports Night and West Wing and The American President.
Sorry to hear of your movie experience. Would like to see Sweeney Todd and the sequel to National Treasure.

well per the person who answered my post in the movie forum, most people have basic knowledge of the cold war. :shrug: good thing I'm not most people I guess.

Kerry and I saw Sweeney Todd today. It was good, but not a "feel good" movie if you know what I mean. The movie has a very dark ending, the credits roll, I turn to my sister and shout, "Merry Christmas!"

I'm such a smartass sometimes :shifty:

We saw Walk Hard yesterday. Sweeney Todd was better.

kellyahern said:
Kerry and I saw Sweeney Todd today. It was good, but not a "feel good" movie if you know what I mean. The movie has a very dark ending, the credits roll, I turn to my sister and shout, "Merry Christmas!"

I'm such a smartass sometimes :shifty:

We saw Walk Hard yesterday. Sweeney Todd was better.

CF and I were supposed to go see it tonight and do our gift exchange but I've ended up getting sick and have barely been out of bed today. :grumpy: I woke up last night and I swore my throat was on fire it was so sore.

At work we were talking about the fact the in the last few movies Johnny Depp has done with Tim Burton his characters all look similar in a way...super pale and wild crazy hair....basically variations on Edward Scissorhands.

What is Walk Hard?

I really should read the entertainment section of the paper tomorrow morning! I have no clue about anything. The only reason I know about Sweeney Todd is because of Johnny Depp. The only reason I've hard about Golden Compass is because at both jobs and at school, people have talked about it. Then today at the theater while in line, everyone in front of us was buying tickets to it and my mom said it was a toss up between the movie we saw and that one.

I'm so out of touch with real life. :reject: Now you're going to tell me that U2 is going on tour next week right? :p I know it probably looks like I'm online a lot but it's really only for an hour or two at night....or I should say early in the morning hours after school. And I'm usually doing homework at the same time I'm online.

I liked Tom Hanks in Apollo 13, Philadelphia. Forrest Gump got real old, real fast in my book ( I cringe when I see it on tv now). I did not care for Castaway at all.

I guess I just really want to hear Aaron Sorkins words more than anything. I loved the "patter" in his previous works.

kelly, being a smartass :up:

Kariann said:

CF and I were supposed to go see it tonight and do our gift exchange but I've ended up getting sick and have barely been out of bed today. :grumpy: I woke up last night and I swore my throat was on fire it was so sore.

At work we were talking about the fact the in the last few movies Johnny Depp has done with Tim Burton his characters all look similar in a way...super pale and wild crazy hair....basically variations on Edward Scissorhands.

:hug: I hate being sick.

Kariann said:

ooooo sick on Christmas :down:
:hug: from a long distance away.

kellyahern said:
that Ricky Bobby movie

um yeah.....no clue what that is. I really do live in a hole don't I? I used to see every single movie and watch every single TV show I had time for and now if it doesn't involved food, no clue. :der: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom