Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:
I have a million errands to do today. I was supposed to leave an hour ago :uhoh: :angry:

I have a million errands to do and a queen-size bed full of laundry to fold and a laundry basket of laundry to wash (and then add to the queen-size pile) but I think passing out in front of the tv is in my nearer future. I can't wait to start my new real job and not have to work in the middle of the night anymore. I'm not going to school and studying and working, but getting up to be at work at 3 am is not fun or easy. I can't wait until I can sleep until at least 6 am every day!

arw9797 said:

I never seem to qualify for anything either. I have a lot of debt but I always pay on time and more than what I owe. I just hope I get approved for this visa card for what I need to get a laptop. If not then I guess I'll wait for my tax money. I need to get a laptop by the time I leave for AZ. I realllllllllly want an iPhone too. :scream: I can afford the lowest monthly option on the phone plan. It has way more features in that plan than I have now and I pay close to $55-60 a month right now. I just think I'm on crack to even consider buying both on a visa card. :tsk: My phone plan is up with tmobile in Feb. I've had them for about 10 years and haven't been too thrilled with them in recent years so I'm looking to switch. I'm also buying a phone because I'm tired of the cheap ass free phones that don't work. So...:hmm: Maybe I'll just buy the phone and skip the laptop! :der:

Did it say how long you have to wait to make a purchase with it? Is it an instant type of a thing that you can use immediately or do you have to wait to get the card in the mail.

Yes, you can use it immediately. If not, you have to wait till you get it in the mail. I had to wait because I changed my mind what I wanted at first and cancelled my first order, so they told me I had to wait until I got the card.

They gave me a $4,000 limit (which is fine, since I just wanted the laptop).

I'm glad that I didn't go with a Dell because MSN had an article today that was really critical about how downhill Dell has gone in the past few years.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

I have a million errands to do and a queen-size bed full of laundry to fold and a laundry basket of laundry to wash (and then add to the queen-size pile) but I think passing out in front of the tv is in my nearer future. I can't wait to start my new real job and not have to work in the middle of the night anymore. I'm not going to school and studying and working, but getting up to be at work at 3 am is not fun or easy. I can't wait until I can sleep until at least 6 am every day!

I don't know why but I like more of a random work schedule. The 8-5 M-F thing never fit well with me.

I just fell up the steps. Ouch. :sad: I decided since I'm home today that I'll wash all of my pants that I need for the rest of the week instead of flipping out over trying to get it done early in the AM tomorrow like I normally would. So I have my super long flannel pj pants on. I think I'm going to have the biggest bruise ever on my shin in a few hours. It's totally throbbing right now. It was too funny though. I needed a good laugh today!

In other fun news.....I spent way too much money on myself today. :uhoh: Haircut, makeup (half of it was paid for with a gift card), stuff at VS (another partial gift card) plus I had to pick up a few things at Walgreens and the baking store. :yikes: I'm really disappointed with Walgreens photos lately. They switched their paper to fuji film and I think it's really crappy. I should just stop being lazy and take the time to go to the Ritz store in the mall that I've always had good luck at. The pics I got today are just for a journal for school so I really don't care but if they were vacation pics or something I wouldn't have paid for them. Crap. They also cut off the tops and bottoms of my pictures. :madspit:

kellyahern said:

Yes, you can use it immediately. If not, you have to wait till you get it in the mail. I had to wait because I changed my mind what I wanted at first and cancelled my first order, so they told me I had to wait until I got the card.

They gave me a $4,000 limit (which is fine, since I just wanted the laptop).

I'm glad that I didn't go with a Dell because MSN had an article today that was really critical about how downhill Dell has gone in the past few years.

oh that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I need for a credit limit! :eek: I want a laptop too. I think the one I want, after the 3 year protection plan, is about $1500ish. That's a lot more than I planned on spending but I think it will be worth it in the long run. Plus my family will pitch in for it in a few months when I graduate. I just can't wait until April for that so I'll have to buy now, pay it off later.

I'm avoiding doing my homework. My written final tonight is worth 200 points :scream: She gives us the questions in advance and she's also really easy on the grading but I still need to study on a few questions. I don't want to. I want to take a nap and then do nothing. Three more days and I'm on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!

:mad: I need to read now. :grumpy:

arw9797 said:

I don't know why but I like more of a random work schedule. The 8-5 M-F thing never fit well with me.

I liked the random schedule when all my friends were in retail and I had a cushy schedule for retail. My little store was never open later than 9 pm and that was just in December and between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Now all my friends have some sort of two-day weekend that falls between Friday and Monday, and I can work an entire day before they even go to lunch, and then I'm home alone and sleepy for the rest of the day. I will gladly sacrifice the randomness to get back my nights and weekends and holidays.

:nerd:

DSCF3178.jpg

Blue Room said:

You need some lights on it! ;)

The branches aren't strong enough. :sad: I had to steal hooks off other ornaments and put them on the ornaments that usually hang on strings and set them far enough back on the branches so they wouldn't bend. I'd rather have a real tree but I'll have my parents' and sistaofzoney's trees and I won't have to vacuum up pine needles or undecorate the tree, which I think aggravtes the Winter Blues.

I am skipping skating tonight. :shifty: My skates are really dull and I don't feel like driving there. In two weeks I'll actually have a student on this session, and I'll work in a building that is right next to the on-ramp for the highway, so my days of playing hooky will be over!

arw9797 said:

I like this too. Makes it easier to make Dr. appt's. I also prefer to shop on a weekday off vs. a weekend.

I brought the paperwork home, I sorted through it and now I suppose I should look at it :hmm:
Watching Ghosthunters is more fun.

shari schultz said:

I like this too. Makes it easier to make Dr. appt's. I also prefer to shop on a weekday off vs. a weekend.

I make it happen when I want to do stuff with my friends. Right now I never have to work past 8:00 on Saturdays if I'm scheduled to close, which to be honest has only happened a handful of times since I started back at LE. I've been on the opening shift more often than not. I only had to work one late shift this holiday season there a few weeks ago. My other job is awesome with hours since I'm just part time anyways. I get to go out with my friends after class if I want to then sleep in until 11:00 AM in order to begin my 12 hour day at work and school. Ideally this would be perfect for me for a real job to work a mid shift type of a thing because I could still sleep in or run errands in the morning and then be off early enough to do stuff at night if I wanted/needed to. I just feel that I'm so much more productive now, even though my days away from home are longer, than I was in the past when I had to get up at the crack of dawn and work everyday the same hours. My new job in AZ will be a random schedule of 3 weeks a different time shift so if I don't like my hours at least I know it'll only be for 3 weeks.

arw9797 said:

I make it happen when I want to do stuff with my friends. Right now I never have to work past 8:00 on Saturdays if I'm scheduled to close, which to be honest has only happened a handful of times since I started back at LE. I've been on the opening shift more often than not. I only had to work one late shift this holiday season there a few weeks ago. My other job is awesome with hours since I'm just part time anyways. I get to go out with my friends after class if I want to then sleep in until 11:00 AM in order to begin my 12 hour day at work and school. Ideally this would be perfect for me for a real job to work a mid shift type of a thing because I could still sleep in or run errands in the morning and then be off early enough to do stuff at night if I wanted/needed to. I just feel that I'm so much more productive now, even though my days away from home are longer, than I was in the past when I had to get up at the crack of dawn and work everyday the same hours. My new job in AZ will be a random schedule of 3 weeks a different time shift so if I don't like my hours at least I know it'll only be for 3 weeks.

I have never had a problem getting off from work when I needed too..............some of my co-workers have. I feel so badly for them when that happens. We end up shifting shifts around, usually.
Felt bad today when a co-worker asked if Iwould like the earlier shift tomorrow and I had to say no. I have some errands to run that I can only do tomorrow before work.

:|

I am officially putting an embargo on certain people shopping for themselves between Thanksgiving and New Year's from now on. And now I have purchased something online and I'm not sure when it will arrive; there was no option for "rush to Rhode Island" shipping or even a catalog-era disclaimer of "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery."

I have to pack for the East Coast Christmas Extravaganza but in order to do that, I have to sift through that queen-sized pile of laundry- now co-ed!

/whining. Sorry. I am tired and achey from work. My hands ache all the way up to my elbows. Is that bad?

As long as the ache you have is from lifting heavy things or lifting things repeatedly it is a good ache, full of accomplishment.
If it is neither one of those things start the theraflu now ;)

everytime that the little chipmunks from the chipmunk movie say "yippie, kai yay mamaceta" in the commercial I want them to use the alternate Die Hard movie Yippie Kai Yay version :shifty:

wouldn't be children friendly if they did that

:help: I don't have Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on my computer and I am about to go on a tour of the East Coast with my iPod!!

ETA: Found it on an old CD. :)

Last edited:
My final project this week has been to make a wedding cake. I'm almost done with mine. I still have all night tomorrow to work on it. I'm going to toot my horn here by saying it truly is the best piece of work I've ever done for anything. I think it looks amazing. It all came together so easily for me this time around. Normally I'm freaking out about a final practical and hate my finished product. This time I'm just in love with what I've done. I can't wait to finish it up tomorrow. :love:

:scream: I can't find the shirt that I want to wear to work tomorrow :help: My closest is such an evil mess right now. I don't dare to start digging around in there. I might get lost :sad:

Damn.

Back
Top Bottom