Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #406
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:49 AM
I had to try 13 desserts tonight

We were all given a random cake recipe to mkae tonight. After everyone was finished garnishing, we had to present our cakes to the class. We had to give the recipe, methods used, what we liked or didn't like about the cake. We couldn't alter the recipe in anyway either. Our Chef did it to show us that in the "real world" we might be given stuff to make that we might not want to make and also that we might not have a choice on how the finished product will look. Then after we presented our cake, we had to cut small pieces for everyone and put it on a plate. 13 desserts on 1 plate might be a dream for some people but we were all so pissed. I think I'm going to eat a tube of toothpaste now. My teeth are so fuzzy

Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #407
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
kariann ~ NY pictures? Glad you loved it. I didn't think I would like it and I ended up LOVING it.
I'll probably get some up here this weekend. I haven't wanted to go back to some place so much since Dublin. I just got an email from SkyBus and they are now flying to the area.

I just found out today that at Job 1 we are all moving to the same shift so I will be working normal M-F hours!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #408
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

We were all given a random cake recipe to mkae tonight. After everyone was finished garnishing, we had to present our cakes to the class. We had to give the recipe, methods used, what we liked or didn't like about the cake. We couldn't alter the recipe in anyway either. Our Chef did it to show us that in the "real world" we might be given stuff to make that we might not want to make and also that we might not have a choice on how the finished product will look. Then after we presented our cake, we had to cut small pieces for everyone and put it on a plate. 13 desserts on 1 plate might be a dream for some people but we were all so pissed. I think I'm going to eat a tube of toothpaste now. My teeth are so fuzzy
I have a wicked sweet tooth but 13 desserts on one plate makes me barf.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I'll probably get some up here this weekend. I haven't wanted to go back to some place so much since Dublin. I just got an email from SkyBus and they are now flying to the area.

I just found out today that at Job 1 we are all moving to the same shift so I will be working normal M-F hours!
I don't have that same kind of love for NYC; I like Boston much better. NYC is too big for this small-state girl who inherited her dad's love for all things Boston.

However, normal M-F hours are wonderful and I am currently kicking myself for giving them up!! That's great, when do they start?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #410
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

Sounds like the senior games's baking contest judging.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #411
ONE
love, blood, life

I hate that fuzzy teeth feeling
kariann, M-F hours I have never had them and I am not sure I could deal with them. I am too used to having a day or 2 off during the week (easier for Dr, dentist appt., shopping during the holidays). I do adimit I miss the freedom of just making plans on a weekend. Having to ask off a month ahead of time is
Old 11-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #412
ONE
love, blood, life

Northern Room concert tonight
J trying to get out of work early so she can drive over and we can go grab dinner beforehand. N may meet us down there if she can get her packing done beforehand............she leaves for China on business tomorrow ~ I am kind of doubting that she will make it
Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
shari, great sig. I love Calvin and Hobbes .

I hate coming home from a long week and just wanting to relax, and then walking into a huge family argument. Whenever I try to help, the parties who were mad at each other (Dad and sister) wind up being mad at me .
Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #414
ONE
love, blood, life

thanks sassy tiger and up to no good boy
being stuck in the middle is not fun

Still here. J got stuck in traffic on the beltline.

"bono is gonna be on the news" ~ dad
Old 11-02-2007, 06:42 PM   #415
ONE
love, blood, life

gonna be across the street from where the great Bono and Edge meeting was back in 2005 ................oh yeah, and some interferencers
Old 11-03-2007, 10:05 AM   #416
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
gonna be across the street from where the great Bono and Edge meeting was back in 2005 ................oh yeah, and some interferencers
Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #417
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I don't have that same kind of love for NYC; I like Boston much better. NYC is too big for this small-state girl who inherited her dad's love for all things Boston.

However, normal M-F hours are wonderful and I am currently kicking myself for giving them up!! That's great, when do they start?
The week after next, however, I'll still be running like a crazy woman since I'll still be doing weekends at Job 2 and a few evenings.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #418
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I have so much to do between now and Wednesday.

I gave away my hours next weekend at the store so I can stay at home and stare at the ceiling for a few days.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #419
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm up early. I went to bed at 2:00 which was really 1:00. I never get more than 5 hours of sleep in a row now so I'm up after 7 hours. It's going to be a loooooooooooong morning. I have somewhere to be at noonish. I do need some "me" time so I refuse to start my homework right now.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #420
Blue Crack Addict

I forgot to mention this:

The other day, TJ's had pumpkin butter on crumpets on demo...and I liked the pumpkin butter.

Off to the Game of the Year Party in a few minutes! Colts vs. Patriots...2 undefeated teams 8 weeks into the season...the battle of good vs. evil...it's gonna be fun! Too bad I'm on the Evil side!