Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MIXTURE OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AFTER
3 AM...AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON TUESDAY. ICE
ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD REACH 1/4 TO 1/2 OF AN INCH...WITH UP TO
AROUND 1 INCH OF SNOW ACCUMULATION AS WELL.

AN ICE STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ICE ACCUMULATIONS
WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY
DISCOURAGED. COMMERCE WILL LIKELY BE SEVERELY IMPACTED. IF YOU
MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR
VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. ICE ACCUMULATIONS AND WINDS WILL
LIKELY LEAD TO SNAPPED POWER LINES AND FALLING TREE BRANCHES THAT
ADD TO THE DANGER

well sprinkled ice on the driveway and brought some ice inside to use on the way out tomorrow.
I still have hope that this will miss us.
Two ice storms in one year so far.................bad, bad, bad, bad........

When I can't sleep it will be because of the caramel machiatto I stopped and had on the way out of work today ~not smart~ I am feeling quite wired right now.
going to turn out the lights and lay in bed quetly now and this will hopefully promote relaxation and then sleep./ rambling

I have to get up at 7:30 to go to work tomorrow but I can't sleep because I'm too cold. I'm also so frustrated over this cold air in my room that I'm ready to go upstairs and wake my dad up. If I can't get any rest because I'm cold then he shouldn't get a full nights sleep either. I've offered countless times for years and years to pay the entire heat bill in order to get warm and he's declined so it's not as if I'm being an ungrateful brat for them letting me live with them again. I've offered rent money, heat money, grocery money and they've turned it down.

I'm frustrated. My nose is plugged and my throat is throbbing right now. I woke up yesterday with a bloody nose and then everyone at work kept telling me I sounded like I have a cold. I don't have a cold or a sinus infection because I'm fine once I'm outside of this house in warm air. I sleep in 50 degrees every night so it takes a while for my head to unclog. It's also colder this year than it has been in years so it only adds to my stress over this. I just wrote my dad a note and put it on his phone so he sees it tomorrow morning. I thought about sending my parents a begging email about the heat but I don't want them to walk into that first thing tomorrow morning at work. That will only cause a fight between them all day long because my mom is livid over the way my dad controls the heat around here. I'll just wait until my mom is home for the day tomorrow and then call her. That way she can bother him in person over this. I still have to get through the 2 coldest months of the year before I move. I can't continue to live like this. I have 7 blankets on my bed and sleep with 2 hoodies on with the hoods up and I still shake until I fall asleep.

I'd turn it up myself but he has it programmed so nothing will happen if it's touched. How nice.

:sad: :mad: :scream:

Sorry. I just needed to get that out before I rip someone's head off. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer :up: so good!
I have a very short shift tomorrow ~ only till 11:45. Sale prep for Friday and Saturday. Christmas shopping afterwards. I would really like to be done shopping by the end of tomorrow. Friday I could wrap the gifts.
Hannah Montana appears to be coming here *girly screams ~ NOT*

ok so maybe not 50 degrees but close to it. He sets it for anywhere between 60-62 at night. He also sets it so it doesn't go off from about 11 PM to 6 AM. So in order for the heater to turn on that means it has to drop below the set temp of 60-62 :crack: But it's colder in my room because it's downstairs for one, and the other reason is we have a pond in th back. It's small but I really think the ice makes it colder in the rooms that face the back.

So I spoke to my mom today. She was already pissed at my dad for eating some cookies that I specifically told him not to as they are for a gift for someone :madwife: So then I threw in the heat situation. She gave him a little talking to while we were on the phone. Right now it's set at 70 :shocked: It's also cycled once since I've been home. It won't last. He'll do this for a few days and then it'll go back to the same old frozen hell for me. :sad:

I have been MIA from Randoom. Sorry about that! :reject:

I am currently waiting to hear back from the job I interviewed for. I had a second interview on Monday, and that lady told me that the other people who interviewed me told her that she had to talk to me because I was so great. HR left a message on the answering machine yesterday that I didn't get until late last night, and she didn't sound like she had good news. I just called her back and left a message. I might throw up...I really want this job! :crack:

shari schultz said:
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat Beer :up: so good!
I have a very short shift tomorrow ~ only till 11:45. Sale prep for Friday and Saturday. Christmas shopping afterwards. I would really like to be done shopping by the end of tomorrow. Friday I could wrap the gifts.
Hannah Montana appears to be coming here *girly screams ~ NOT*

Cherry Wheat = :drool:

I work 3 am to 11 am tomorrow. :crack: I really don't care for that shift, to tell you the truth...Getting up at 2 am is no fun! ut at least Hannah Montana won't appear at my store!

She called back and...

I have a new job! I start January 2! I will be making almost what I made at the Gap so I will actually be able to afford stuff again! I have a whole FIVE days of vacation time but that's okay; the other benefits balance it out. They have actual time off at the holidays, instead of extended and/or insane hours, so that's cool and not part of any working culture I've ever experience.

I will be an assistant underwriter for an insurance company that works with small fleet trucking companies.

Got to get over to Joe's and pick up my check and tell them the bad news. No more lifting heavy boxes at 3 am for me (after December 30)!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Schmeg said:
She called back and...

I have a new job! I start January 2! I will be making almost what I made at the Gap so I will actually be able to afford stuff again! I have a whole FIVE days of vacation time but that's okay; the other benefits balance it out. They have actual time off at the holidays, instead of extended and/or insane hours, so that's cool and not part of any working culture I've ever experience.

I will be an assistant underwriter for an insurance company that works with small fleet trucking companies.

Got to get over to Joe's and pick up my check and tell them the bad news. No more lifting heavy boxes at 3 am for me (after December 30)!

Fantastic news...............go celebrate!

:wave: Doozer!

Thanks, Kelly & Shari!

It is far too early to be alive...I just attempted to make coffee but forgot to put coffee in the coffee maker. I heated up some water instead. :der:

Mmmmmmmmmm nothing says good morning like a nice hot cup of water :drool: :wink:

Went into place of employment to purchase some things and I am very happy that I am off..........grumpiness everywhere :crack:

I still had a few more things to buy but had to make a break for it. 2 more weeks until it is over except for the returns, exchanges and inventory :crack:

Wheeeeeee:yippie: / sarcasm

Hey there Doozer :wave:

my get up and go got up and went :| I think I will try the 20 minute power nap.

If my calculations are correct, I only have to purchase ornaments for the cousins and then I am DONE :dance: with shopping

My shopping isn't even near finished, but I have at least started and I have ideas for most of the rest. :D I'm usually not that organized so early* in December.

*Yes, I realize it's halfway through December. That's early for me.

:wave:

You should have shopped at the ABC stores (or whatever they're called) in Hawaii! :wink:

<<<backs out of randooooooooooooooom
1.gif

I think I only have to shop for my mother and then I'm done. My sister and I were discussing whether we should just get her one semi-expensive gift or two cheap gifts. Or should she just buy the expensive gift since what I got for dad was semi-expensive and it's going to be from both of us. But we both can't afford a more expensive gift for mom this weekend, so maybe we should get her two cheaper gifts. But then my sister would still owe me money for dad's gift. Or something like that . . . I'm confused :huh:

I want to watch the Patriots vs. Jets revenge match in noreaster weather on Sunday, but I have to work :grumpy:. I hate to miss snow games, I love snow games :reject:.

Maybe I can watch it with the sound off at work :reject:.

Schmeg said:
She called back and...

:up: congratulations!

I have a cold. :sad: I think it's a combination of sleeping in sub zero temps and the fact that one of my tablemates at school has a cold and doesn't know how to cover her mouth when she coughs :| This is a girl that currently works in food service and then plans on making her career out of touching food. She needs to learn about the covering the mouth with a hand rule and then washing her hands on a regular basis. :barf: She bugs the crap out of me on most days anyways. So now I have her rotten cold. It's at the start of it. I'm sure I'll be tons of fun by tomorrow. I have fun plans downtown on Sunday so this better not ruin my day! :mad: It's the first weekend in over a month that I don't have to bake for my parents! My mom actually wanted me to make a few batches of scones for her to take to work on Monday but then she quickly said nevermind and changed the subject. That's just not going to happen :tsk:

Speaking of the heat.........it's still at 70 in the house. It was very comfortable when I walked into my room tonight. Usually I can feel the cold about halfway down the steps and then get all frustrated because I know if it's that cold on the steps then my room is going to be even colder. It's very comfy. I think once my mom finds out that I'm sick she's going to flip out on my dad and I might just see that heater go up a few degrees more. :drool:

sorry about the cold. Glad you got the heat turned up and the possibility of getting it turned up more :up:

I, too, have fun plans downtown on Sunday night.....nothing will ruin it for either of us ~ no way.

kellyahern said:

I think I only have to shop for my mother and then I'm done. My sister and I were discussing whether we should just get her one semi-expensive gift or two cheap gifts. Or should she just buy the expensive gift since what I got for dad was semi-expensive and it's going to be from both of us. But we both can't afford a more expensive gift for mom this weekend, so maybe we should get her two cheaper gifts. But then my sister would still owe me money for dad's gift. Or something like that . . . I'm confused :huh:

I want to watch the Patriots vs. Jets revenge match in noreaster weather on Sunday, but I have to work :grumpy:. I hate to miss snow games, I love snow games :reject:.

Maybe I can watch it with the sound off at work :reject:.
Gift situation does sound confusing.
Snow games :drool:
I will miss seeing the Packer/Ram game on Sunday but have plans to change the radios in the tech shop to the game :evil:
Wave goodbye to Christmas music for 3- 3 1/2 hours

^ You're in Wisconsin. I thought it would be mandatory for the radios to be turned to a Packers game, even during Christmas season :wink: :shifty:

My sister and I saw "Alvin and The Chipmunks" today. I liked it, it was cute. I know it's a kid's movie :reject:, but I love me some talking chipmunks :shifty:.

Last edited:
^you would think so, wouldn't ya :wink: If I can't get the AM station coverage, I can go for the FM coverage which is the local FOX tv station at the end of the dial :up: So I should be covered

alvin...........................Alvin..............................ALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me likes chipmunks too :D The meerkat marathon a couple nights ago was sponsored by Alvin and the Chipmunks.

so early this morning, when it was 1-2" of snow predicted, it was pretty...............:love:
when we got 3-4" by 4 pm it was "ok the weatherman was wrong again, what a surprise :lol: "........
now when the total snowfall is predicted to be 7-9" then blowing and drifting it is "enough already!!! :mad:.
:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom