Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #346
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Schmeg ~ yopur place of employment seems to have taken scheduling lessons from my place of employment. Pink Floyd has music that has a tropical sound? *mind blown away by that thought*
arw ~ I am sure that the turtle cake did not look like crap. Sorry that your plans got screwed up.
kelly ~ You sound so excited

Where is New York girl?

Old 10-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

also wondering about fah and Blue Room.............

Old 10-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #348
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
also wondering about fah and Blue Room.............

I'm suffering from an insane work load both at work and home.

We are soooooo short staffed at work that I have just finished working 6 days in a row (2 of them at overtime) and I go back to work tomorrow after a day and a half off when I should have four.

The mini fahs are back at school and if they take on one more thing my head will explode

All three play soccer, all three swim (2 diving, 1 regular lessons), the 2 older play basketball in the Steve Nash league and then just for one, the oldest plays in school too. The older 2 have also made the rep league for their age group in softball and those practises start sometime next month Mondays and Wednesdays are the only days that we really don't have scheduled events but that changes regularly.

How is everyone?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 AM   #349
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Quote:
Schmeg ~ yopur place of employment seems to have taken scheduling lessons from my place of employment. Pink Floyd has music that has a tropical sound? *mind blown away by that thought*
I fortunately have awesome coworkers that switched shifts with me so I can go to Broken Social Scene AND the Game of the Year Party (Colt vs. Pats) and enjoy beer and a $5 taco bar. I will be all tacoed out, after good old Jacoby won us all a free taco by stealing a base the other night.

I had to look at my iPod three times to make sure; my mind was blown, too. But it's definitely the Floyd, from Meddle.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, and...

One more win!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #351
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by fah

The mini fahs are back at school and if they take on one more thing my head will explode

All three play soccer, all three swim (2 diving, 1 regular lessons), the 2 older play basketball in the Steve Nash league and then just for one, the oldest plays in school too. The older 2 have also made the rep league for their age group in softball and those practises start sometime next month Mondays and Wednesdays are the only days that we really don't have scheduled events but that changes regularly.

How is everyone?

I got tired just from reading all of that.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #352
ONE
love, blood, life

It's good to know that I can be creeped out even when watching The Exorcist in daylight.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #353
ONE
love, blood, life

fah!
The mini fah stuff sounds busy but fun. Add in the OT at work and things get a wee bit overwhelming ............any end in sight with the work stuff? Hopefully sometime soon some people will be hired to help out.

Hang in there!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #354
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I missed the Vikings game today

I had a lovely day. The school girls and I went to the big Chef store in Stillwater We started the day at Caribou with pumpkin muffins and caramel coolers. That's usually my Sunday treat. I try to stay far away from Caribou during the week! I didn't find anything I needed for my dessert presentation at the store or at any of the antique stores. I think that's the first time I've ever left the Chef store without buying anything I saw tons of stuff I wanted but.......

The leaves on the St Croix are just beautiful. Such a nice day to wander around there.

but now.....I have to write a 4-6 minute persuasive speech for tomorrow morning
Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #355
ONE
love, blood, life

Sense and Sensibility

I forgot that Hugh Laurie is in this.........
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #356
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
It's good to know that I can be creeped out even when watching The Exorcist in daylight.
Sometimes I think that I'm the only person who was not freaked out by The Exorcist. Let me explain . . .

My sister and I went to see it in the theaters a few years ago when it was re-released. "Wow," I thought, "this will be really good." I had never seen it before, she had.

The film opens and one priest guy is wandering around Africa for about 20 minutes it feels like. "When is something scary going to happen?" I ask my sister. She tells me to sssh.

The the movie goes back to the states and we see the actress/mother, her daughter and their normal life problems. "Okay," I tell my sister, "something scary is going to happen soon right?" She tells me to be quiet.

Then the movie focuses on the other priest and his angst about his mom, and some other stuff I don't remember, but in general he seems to be an unhappy guy. "This is a horror movie, right?" I ask my sister. She tells me to shut up.

Then Regan pees on a rug. My sister is now very annoyed at me for pestering her - which I understand, but I'm still waiting for the scary stuff.

Then when the creepy stuff finally starts happening, I'm confused as to what is so scary about this film by having to sit through what seems an endless not scary yet movie. And most of the scary stuff I've seen in TV clip shows before. Great. Woo hoo pea soup.

eta: My sister tells me the priest at the beginning of the movie was wandering around Iraq, not Africa. And she's still very annoyed that I bugged her during the movie and she paid money for the experience of seeing it in the theater. Sorry.

Now The Exorcist II - that's a hilarious comedy . It's not supposed to be, but it is.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:16 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

Sometimes I think that I'm the only person who was not freaked out by The Exorcist. Let me explain . . .

My sister and I went to see it in the theaters a few years ago when it was re-released. "Wow," I thought, "this will be really good." I had never seen it before, she had.

The film opens and one priest guy is wandering around Africa for about 20 minutes it feels like. "When is something scary going to happen?" I ask my sister. She tells me to sssh.

The the movie goes back to the states and we see the actress/mother, her daughter and their normal life problems. "Okay," I tell my sister, "something scary is going to happen soon right?" She tells me to be quiet.

Then the movie focuses on the other priest and his angst about his mom, and some other stuff I don't remember, but in general he seems to be an unhappy guy. "This is a horror movie, right?" I ask my sister. She tells me to shut up.

Then Regan pees on a rug. My sister is now very annoyed at me for pestering her - which I understand, but I'm still waiting for the scary stuff.

Then when the creepy stuff finally starts happening, I'm confused as to what is so scary about this film by having to sit through what seems an endless not scary yet movie. And most of the scary stuff I've seen in TV clip shows before. Great. Woo hoo pea soup.

eta: My sister tells me the priest at the beginning of the movie was wandering around Iraq, not Africa. And she's still very annoyed that I bugged her during the movie and she paid money for the experience of seeing it in the theater. Sorry.

Now The Exorcist II - that's a hilarious comedy . It's not supposed to be, but it is.
That is EXACTLY what happened to me when I watched Cujo. It took so long to get scary, the scary part was funny. Oh no! We're stuck in a car on a hot day with a big rabid dog not letting us out! Who will save us?!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM   #358
ONE
love, blood, life

I hated Cujo. I was rooting for the dog

kelly was the the re-release with Regan crab walking down the stairs..........I have never seen the whole re-release but I did see that part in a preview and it sent shivers down my spine *shudder*

ETA I completely agree about Exorcist 2
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I hated Cujo. I was rooting for the dog
Me too!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:55 AM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Speaking of rooting...