Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two cases of organic bananas appeared in the breakroom with a sign that said "FREE BANANAS! HELP YOURSELF!" I took a bunch home and whenever I want a snack at work, I try to eat a banana instead of grazing on the cookies, candy, cheese, and chips in constant rotation on the table back there. I think I am going to turn into a banana soon. However, I will not be low in potassium this week! :happy:

Good Deed for the Day: Switching shifts with Abe on Thursday. He had an evening shift and I preferred my morning, but he had something important come up and I need all the help I can get for Christmas week.
Instant Karma's Gonna Getcha: Got called by a company I sent a resume to. Now I have an interview for 10 am Thursday I couldn't have scheduled with my original shift. YAY!

I hate people.

So a customer came up to me as I was signing trim and said
"You are going to want to call someone""There are a couple of people in the corner of the bedding dept having *clears throat* relations in one of the beds."

:crack:

I walked over to phone and called security.
Me- "A customer came over and said that there is a couple having relations in one of the beds" "Co-workers head whips around to face me and is saying ohmygodno
security ~*silence* "I am moving the camera over to that...........oh, yep, there they are............I am on my way up"

Fun day
:|

ETA
Came home and flipped on the tv. Charlie Brown Christmas special was on :heart: I neeeeeeeeded to see that RIGHT THEN

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
Two cases of organic bananas appeared in the breakroom with a sign that said "FREE BANANAS! HELP YOURSELF!" I took a bunch home and whenever I want a snack at work, I try to eat a banana instead of grazing on the cookies, candy, cheese, and chips in constant rotation on the table back there. I think I am going to turn into a banana soon. However, I will not be low in potassium this week! :happy:

Good Deed for the Day: Switching shifts with Abe on Thursday. He had an evening shift and I preferred my morning, but he had something important come up and I need all the help I can get for Christmas week.
Instant Karma's Gonna Getcha: Got called by a company I sent a resume to. Now I have an interview for 10 am Thursday I couldn't have scheduled with my original shift. YAY!
interview? good luck!

shari schultz said:

security ~*silence* "I am moving the camera over to that...........oh, yep, there they are............I am on my way up"

:lmao:

Sorry, I could just hear the security guy's voice in my head.

So, does the couple have to pay for the bedding too? :shifty:

Good luck on your interview Schmeg :up:.

My sister had a nice post about the Charlie Brown Christmas Special on her blog http://breck-number2pencils.blogspot.com/2007/11/and-thats-what-christmas-is-all-about.html

I just flipped to it and realized I missed the good part :reject:

Last edited:
shari schultz said:
""There are a couple of people in the corner of the bedding dept having *clears throat* relations in one of the beds."

Are. You. Serious.

:barf:

Why???

Interview is for an assistant underwriting position for an insurance company that quite literally insures everyone. I'm told it's better than 1-800-SAFE-AUTO (do you guys have that or just we lucky Hoosiers?) if no one else will insure you. I've wanted to get into underwriting since my bank paid for me to go through Life Insurance Licensing twice (I was deathly ill the first time I took the class and the test and failed and retained nothing). I hope this goes well!!! Thanks for the good luck!

I am not sure how the whole bedding incident ended........will have to ask security tomorrow or Thursday. I ended up helping a customer.
I have heard the stories of finding condoms in or under beds in the past.
Have I mentioned that I hate people?

Who knows why.......the thrill, the ability to tell people that they "did it" in a mall..........I suppose it is like the mile high club :shrug:

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :happy: Speaking of which, bedtime. A 3:30 am wake up call awaits me. Night all :wave:

shari schultz said:
I am not sure how the whole bedding incident ended........will have to ask security tomorrow or Thursday. I ended up helping a customer.
I have heard the stories of finding condoms in or under beds in the past.
Have I mentioned that I hate people?

Who knows why.......the thrill, the ability to tell people that they "did it" in a mall..........I suppose it is like the mile high club :shrug:

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :happy: Speaking of which, bedtime. A 3:30 am wake up call awaits me. Night all :wave:

I worked at a dept store as a stock person one summer. The head of the stock team and one of the store managers used to get it on in the bedding dept early in the mornings before anyone else got there. They were both married to other people. :| I guess people just sort of figured it out because the managers did not need to be in the store as early as she was on her opening days. Some days she would be there early in the am on her day off, but then leave when others started to arrive. She was also the only manager I ever saw in the stockroom area. A lot of us also saw her coming out of his office a lot. The only time he ever really went to his office was with her otherwise he was in the stockroom with us processing away. There were other signs that things were happening with them but I don't think they were ever technically caught in the act. :barf:

I just had a practical. I got an A but as usual, I'm not happy with my final product. I thought it really looked like crap. :barf:

I have to work at LE tomorrow. I'm dreading the thought of going. I don't know how to get away from this place unless I want to walk around with no health insurance. I can't stand being there :scream: It's always such a long day with a bunch of drama queen managers. My other job is so relaxed.

:shifty: :uhoh: I called in sick today at LE. I have so much to do for my cousin's shower on Sunday and I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Plus....I really didn't want to go to begin with :flirt:

Also, I found out that the same cousin just lost her grandma last night. We're close enough with them that I should go to the funeral but I'm not sure I can afford to take off work from WM since I'm off there on Friday too. I wouldn't make anymore than $20 at LE today since it's my only day this week there. So now I'm not sure if I should go to the funeral or not. Is that horrible if I don't go? My cousin and her dad still want the shower to take place on Sunday. The grandma was 95 and really hasn't been herself for about 5 years so it's not like she would have been there on Sunday. They decided they just need to get on with things and wanted the shower to happen.

So my mid morning nap was interupted by the slamming of the front door. :| My mom came home early to make the after funeral lunch for tomorrow. The one day I finally have off in weeeeeeeeeks and she comes home early :( :mad:

I'm going to the funeral. I'm not sure if my manager at WM believed me or not. They're not too trusting on sick calls as they've had a revolving door there for a long time. I have Friday off so I hope they don't think I have some hot plans and I just called in on Thursday because I forgot to take it off.

In other news.......I have to call a hotel today about my externship. I'm shaking like a leaf right now just thinking about it. :sad:

:ohmy: :faint: I called. The executive Pastry Chef answered. We spoke for 15 minutes!!!!!!!! That NEVER happens! Usually people will call and call and call and never get anyone that picks up the phone. He even said he's normally never in the office but just happened to stop by when his phone rang! I'm sending my resume. He sounded really interested in it due to the fact that my school has a location in AZ and they've dealt with students before. Sometimes up to 6 students at once. He is really concerned that I don't have previous baking experience outside of school though. :sad: I'm going to send my cover letter and resume now and say in the cover letter that letters of recommendation will follow tomorrow. He said he doesn't leave people hanging on so he'll call me back sometime this week. He was really nice. I was so worried I would talk to someone that wasn't interested.

:faint: cover letter and resume sent. I'm going to have my Chef send him a letter of recommendation when I get to school.

:uhoh: Now I just need to keep doing this until someone says yes. I have a few other resorts and 2 bakeries on my list. :eek:

:up: That's good!! Seems meant to be that he just happened to be in his office when you called. Hopefully it's a go!

I don't want to go skating tonight...I don't want to sit in rush-hour traffic when gas is $3.14 a gallon when I'm not making any money to be there. It's such a frustrating ride...it should not take 45 minutes to go 20 miles. Not to mention I haven't been an evening skater for years; I prefer the morning for a bunch of reasons.

arw9797 said:
:ohmy: :faint: I called. The executive Pastry Chef answered. We spoke for 15 minutes!!!!!!!! That NEVER happens! Usually people will call and call and call and never get anyone that picks up the phone. He even said he's normally never in the office but just happened to stop by when his phone rang! I'm sending my resume. He sounded really interested in it due to the fact that my school has a location in AZ and they've dealt with students before. Sometimes up to 6 students at once. He is really concerned that I don't have previous baking experience outside of school though. :sad: I'm going to send my cover letter and resume now and say in the cover letter that letters of recommendation will follow tomorrow. He said he doesn't leave people hanging on so he'll call me back sometime this week. He was really nice. I was so worried I would talk to someone that wasn't interested.
That sounds promising! Plus the whole not leaving you just hanging out there wondering is very professional. Good luck wishes to you, arw. :)

Schmeg said:
I don't want to go skating tonight...I don't want to sit in rush-hour traffic when gas is $3.14 a gallon when I'm not making any money to be there. It's such a frustrating ride...it should not take 45 minutes to go 20 miles. Not to mention I haven't been an evening skater for years; I prefer the morning for a bunch of reasons.
Is this you just practicing or are you teaching the munchkins? No pay is the reason I ask.
I presume you finally got paid from that time you posted, "gee I would really like to get paid now".

I forced myself to wake up. I think I could have just slept through the night if I hadn't done that.
Today was "angry lady" screaming about the price of some dishes at 7:15 this morning. She started off with a co-worker, the co-worker involved me ( gee, thanks~ how can I EVER repay you?) and then moved onto my boss. All three of us wanted to hide in the stockroom for the rest of the day at that point. I don't remember Christmas being this bad angry, impatient customer-wise ever.
To top it off a auditor was going to be in the dept today. I can say with complete confidence that there is no way everything is signed properly. Not proud of that fact, but being honest. When you only have 2 people working most days and then one of those 2 people leaves leaving one person to set a sale, stock and help customers it just is not gonna happen. /rant

Thank goodness the Packer/Dallas game is on tomorrow.
I don't think I could take one more day of the hype. I don't friggin' care if Tony Romo has dated Carrie Underwood and is dating Jessica Simpson :crack:

shari schultz said:

Is this you just practicing or are you teaching the munchkins? No pay is the reason I ask.
I presume you finally got paid from that time you posted, "gee I would really like to get paid now".

No teaching on Wednesday nights; just practice and I've been a lost soul without a coach out here. I've gotten paid since then...I make $14 for a half hour group lesson. Very nice!!!

I played hookie and went to the condo association meeting. Some of us who went complained about people playing music too loud...and now I hear loud music.

BTW, it's funny you called the skater kids "munchkins;" one of the teams at my old club was called Munchkins, and another was called Snowflakes, and when I had the synchro girls name the team, they came up with Snowflakes on their own. /dork

My sister has a downstairs neighbor who sometimes plays really loud music. But he always picks one song, and plays it over and over.

I was at her apartment once and he was playing Paul McCartney's "Coming Up" really loud over and over. We went out shopping, had dinner, came back 3 or 4 hours later - and he was still playing "Coming Up." :huh:

Sounds good about the externship arw :up:.

And 7:15 in the morning? :yikes: That's messed up.

shari, I feel almost obligated to watch that game now - since ESPN has drilled into my head how "rare" it is to have the "elusive" NFL network. They seem kind of bitter about that.

the executive Chef sent me a "thank you for sending the resume" response to me about an hour after I sent him the email.

I told my Chef at school all about it tonight when I got there. She's told all of us all along that whenever we need a letter of recommendation, she's on it. I barely got into the story and she said she would send the letter to him right away. I'm sure it's a template because there's no way she could have had something like that ready so quickly but what she said was sooooooooo good. It was filled with "Amanda is an exceptional student, leader..." Plus she said it has been her privilege to teach me over the last few months due to my positive attitude and enthusiasm for the pastry world. :drool: I think this letter helps my chances. He sounded like he was ready to take me when I said my school's name but obviously he couldn't say yes without reading a little about me first.

People in cities across the state who don't have tv access to the game are driving to Milwaukee or Green Bay to stay in hotels and watch the game.
I am not so sure how this game is gonna go.
A local radio station is playing Dallas/Packers football on their x-box and so far Dallas is winning because our kicker missed 2 field goals.
Every angle is being covered.

Oh good Bon Ton has posted a larger than expected loss :|
It will be a :happy: day at work.

We continue to manage our inventories and control expenses to plan. While we recognize that we are currently operating in a difficult retail environment, Bon-Ton's long-term plan is intact and we are confident in the longer-term potential of the Company. We remain on track to achieve our targets as they relate to the integration of Bon-Ton and Carson's, which will ultimately deliver shareholder value."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom