Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
Amanda, I hope you did your food shopping well in advance and did not curse at a poor, hapless grocery store worker because there were no more of the dried cranberries that you wanted. :crack: This happened to me last night and if she hadn't turned and stormed away, I would have reminded her that there are children in this world that will go to bed hungry and she's throwing a tantrum about dried cranberries. We all got a good laugh about her, anyway.

"Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT!"
~TJ's workers every time something went mildly incorrect last night

Frick, Fudge and Phooey were my words yesterday

I love it when my weather alert thingy starts flashing :|
WE ARE CLOSELY MONITORING A POTENTIAL STORM SYSTEM THAT MAY BRING
A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL TO SOUTHERN WISCONSIN WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO
THANKSGIVING DAY. THERE IS STILL UNCERTAINTY AS TO HOW THIS
SYSTEM WILL EVOLVE AND HOW MUCH SNOW WILL FALL.

THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THE BULK OF THE SNOW WILL FALL WELL
TO OUR SOUTHEAST WITH A RELATIVELY WEAKER LOW. MEANWHILE THERE IS
SOME INDICATION THAT A STRONGER LOW COULD FORM AND MOVE ALONG A
FAVORED TRACK INTO INDIANA WHICH WOULD RESULT IN A HEAVIER
SNOWFALL ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN.

THIS IS A PRELIMINARY HEADS UP TO GIVE ALL INTERESTED HOLIDAY
TRAVELERS INSIGHT INTO WHAT COULD END UP BEING A HIGH IMPACT EVENT

:huh: :huh:

6gopackgo.gif

:mad: :angry:

I'm soooooooooo tired :scream: I need a few days off. I'm just wearing myself out.

So I spent all damn day in the kitchen and only managed to make 2 pies and have 1 crust done for another pie. The 4th pie is something I need to make until Thursday so I figured 3 pies in an afternoon would be simple enough. :| It's just not the same baking at home. What would have taken me 2 hours in the kitchens at school took me twice as long and I didn't even finish. I made tiny little leaf cookies to put on top of one of the pies. My grandpa and great aunt are over for dinner. Some of the cookies are gone. I told everyone not to touch them. :mad: They're just cookies. I don't need to put them on the pie. It's ridiculous that I'm even upset about it but I'm ready to commit murder over the fact that my cookies were eaten. My great aunt keeps saying she never saw any cookies sitting in the kitchen. :| There's a ton of crap in the kitchen for her to munch on and she eats the one thing I said not to touch! :scream: I left the kitchen before I blew up at her. I'm exhausted. I have a busy week and weekend coming up and then it starts all over again only the following week I have a ton of desserts to make for a shower. :scream: :rant: I wanted those cookies for the top of my pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I'm done.

^ you had a plan in your head of how you wanted to decorate the pie and the follow-through. Plus you asked them not to eat them. I don't blame you for being miffed.
Breathe please :hug:

:angry: So I went back into the kitchen to finish the last pie. Everyone said they didn't eat the cookies. Then my great aunt says that she's sure she only saw me put 3 on the counter so I must be wrong about how many I made. :| Yes that's it. She's just lucky I've been doing this long enough to know never to throw away the dough scraps until the pies have been eaten. :madwife: I can make more. That's not the point.

At least I can sleep until almost 11 tomorrow before heading off for my first 3 twelve hour days in a row. :mad:

We got back from Atlanta yesterday. Had a good time. The aquarium was cool :up:. The Police were fun. Thanks to lots of Dayquil, cough drops and codine, we both managed to avoid feeling like crap. Well, until yesterday when Kerry's cold decided to arrive full force, but that was only the flight home, so it didn't interfere with the fun stuff :).

:|

Gaelic Storm will be at the Guthrie on St Patrick's day! :scream: I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I'll be living in AZ at that time. Id love for AZ to be the reason why I can't go.

Have I ever mentioned how much I just love working in retail? I can't stand how some customers treat me like I'm some uneducated idiot because I work in a store. Between Friday and today, I'm ready to quit both jobs. :mad: People talk to me like I'm a complete dumb ass. I never talk to anyone like that when I go into a store. I wouldn't trade either job though for my nasty job that I quit for school so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :grumpy: Only a few months left and then hopefully I'll be behind the scenes and won't have to deal with the general public like this anymore. Some people are completely nuts when they shop.

arw9797 said:
Have I ever mentioned how much I just love working in retail? I can't stand how some customers treat me like I'm some uneducated idiot because I work in a store. Between Friday and today, I'm ready to quit both jobs. :mad: People talk to me like I'm a complete dumb ass. I never talk to anyone like that when I go into a store. I wouldn't trade either job though for my nasty job that I quit for school so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :grumpy: Only a few months left and then hopefully I'll be behind the scenes and won't have to deal with the general public like this anymore. Some people are completely nuts when they shop.

I hear you! People treated me better when I was a retail manager instead of some grocery store slave. They're so weird; they expect you to know every single detail about cheese and wine and diets for people with Celiac disease and diabetes, but at the same time they think you can't count money or know to put all their frozen food in the same bag. :huh:

^ Customers have been exceptionally condescending this year. Off to another day of joy :happy:
I don't think it is gonna get any better with all the news stories about retailers hurting and all the deals they will be offering.

shari schultz said:
^ Customers have been exceptionally condescending this year. Off to another day of joy :happy:

I was in a frighteningly good mood today (despite throwing a bag containing two glass bottles of water on the floor) and when someone refused to look at me or speak to me I cheerfully called, "Have a happy Thanksgiving!" at her back, to laughter from the next customer. :evil:

One more day and I basically have three days off...3 pm Wednesday to 4 pm Saturday. And hopefully this wonderfully spring-like weather will stay and I'll get home easily Thursday morning!

I have to finish doing laundry and pack for the aforementioned trip home. I don't feel like doing either. I also have to clean up the kitchen, take the trash downstairs, and fold some sheets. I think we're having some friends over for a pre-Thanksgiving feast tomorrow and I feel like I should bake something them, instead of just heating up Trader Joe's food. I might make some death by chocolate cookies. :drool:

Speaking of cooking...I burned microwave turkey meatballs and ruined a Tupperware container. :reject:

Safe travels :)

One more day of work to go until T-day and then Black Friday *horrors*. I somehow was given Saturday off :shrug:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I got my tail out of bed super early this morning and headed on over to Best Buy before work. :drool: :drool: :drool: The packaging on the super deluxe Joshua Tree is so beautiful. :heart: Also, Wave of Sorrow is amazing. I'm glad I decided to get it now. I was going to wait until after the holidays but then I saw that BB was selling it for a good price. $40 well spent on myself today!

:ohmy: out of touch a little bit with the U2 stuff.
It will have to wait until after the holidays for me.

Amazon has sent me the wonderful "your package has shipped" e-mail. It made me happy until I realized I could get it cheaper elsewhere :reject:.

I'll have to ease the waiting by watching the Red Hill video again. Cheesy 80s goodness + hot, overly dramatic Bono :drool: :lol:.

Did anyone else think, when watching that video, "if that's 20 years ago, that means all those canaries are dead now."? :shifty:

Just me? Thought so :reject:

shari schultz said:
:ohmy: out of touch a little bit with the U2 stuff.
It will have to wait until after the holidays for me.

I'm with you in being out of touch. I totally forgot seeing something about Joshua Tree until I saw the Best Buy ad Sunday. I remember thinking that I should stop by on lunch and pick it up but then forgot about it again until now. I even had to turn around in the BB parking lot tonight after going for drinks after work. We went to this dive bar here in town that S has wanted to go to for awhile for the entertainment facor combined with the fact that you can usually get drinks cheap. It was hilarious because the people were exactly what we expected.

Last edited:
Kariann said:

I'm with you in being out of touch. I totally forgot seeing something about Joshua Tree until I saw the Best Buy ad Sunday. I remember thinking that I should stop by on lunch and pick it up but then forgot about it again until now. I even had to turn around in the BB parking lot tonight after going for drinks after work. We went to this dive bar here in town that S has wanted to go to for awhile for the entertainment facor combined with the fact that you can usually get drinks cheap. It was hilarious because the people were exactly what we expected.

It's only on sale for $40 through tomorrow, at least according to their ad. I learned long ago that the best place to get something like this is at BB on the day it comes out. It's generally the cheapest it will ever be on the first day.

The roomie picked up the special edition on his way home tonight. He pulled into the garage with Streets blasting. :love:

If I don't see you on the crack here, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. :hug:

I've already had an angst-ridden phone chat with my friend in CT about what we're wearing to our high school reunion Friday night. I don't know why I'm freaking out; I never liked any of those people anyway, and it's just a bunch of girls. :der:

Also: Stella Italia Pinot Grigio is some powerful stuff. :drunk: Two glasses and I'm ready to pass out on the couch.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Randooom! :wave:

Shari, I dont envy you with Black friday. I worked retail in college and Christmas time was miserable. The worst day for me was always the day after Christmas with all the returns.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I made the pumpkin pies this year and did most of the turkey preparation. A small part of me almost told my mom to relax and I would do the entire thing but after coming to my senses I realized that I'm not ready for that although I really do think if I put my mind to it could possibly enjoy cooking. :shocked:

Back
Top Bottom