Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #241
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:56 AM
^ Should be a fun combination:
It is Senior Day all day tomorrow in the store and then add in Tween night in the mall
(translation = Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy)

Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #242
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
Who is Ashley Tisdale? Apparently she will be at my mall Wednesday night.................

Apparently she is in High School Musical...not sure what it's about and didn't even know that until someone told me. She was at the mall where I work for Job 2 on Sunday and we were soooooo lucky to be in the prime location near the center of the mall where she performed. She did 3 songs and was gone in 20 minutes.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I gave my demo speech today on Marzipan. It was actually fun! Two other people went before me on their speeches and the class was just loud and rude the whole time. But during my speech, everyone listened. Even the dude in the back that only pays attention to his laptop was watching my demo. He closed the computer and moved to the aisle to get a better view. It was a good time. Some day, after I've been a Pastry Chef for a while, maybe owned my own place, I'd love to go back to my school and be an instructor. Or....maybe I can make this subject for my first show on Food Network in a few years.

It was good practice.
Woo Hoo!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #244
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
^ Should be a fun combination:
It is Senior Day all day tomorrow in the store and then add in Tween night in the mall
(translation = Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy)
Holy , that is scary. Really it is.

At least it's only 20 minutes for High School Musical girl.

Mall tours . . . Tiffany and Debbie Gibson did them first
Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

one
the wonderful world of retail
Old 10-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #246
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
Thought I would say Hey to everyone! It feels like ages since I've been on here. It seems like everytime I get settled down to spend some time online someone needs help with something. I had 1 day of working OT this week which is a change from the past month. CF has been working massive OT and with both of us dealing with the stress of parental health issues, working tons of hours and injured appendages over the past couple of months we decided to use our OT earnings an go to NYC at the end of the week.

Last night we went on the lamest ghost walk ever.....they didn't mention a thing about any ghosts at all.
Sounds like fun!

Ghost walk with no ghosts? That doesn't make sense.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #247
Blue Crack Addict

And now the post you've all been waiting for...

Come ON, Sox! You hit back to back to back homeruns and that STILL does nothing against these Indians!?

At least I get to watch more baseball....
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

Taking it back home to Fenway Thursday night, and Beckett will be pitching. That has to be a good combo.

My classic fan brother has written them off, but I remember 2004.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #249
Blue Crack Addict

I have a question for my fellow Midwesterners.

Do your states also panic and cancel or delay school for fog, or is that just Indiana?

I drove the roomie to work today as he has a very bad hamstring injury from kickball and can barely walk, never mind drive. I turned on the news before we left and they were all, "Oh noz! Teh killer fogz!!!" We turn on the radio in the car and the DJ's on most stations are pleading with drivers to be careful, and then listing the delayed/canceled schools. Thing is...it's really not that bad. Visibility is MAYBE down to a quarter of a mile in a few scattered places, at least between the northside and the far southwest. Okay, so I have only lived in one other state, but in that state, fog wasn't weather, it was a way of life. I used to drive to and from work with the visibility down to 10 feet; a quarter mile was pretty typical for the morning before the sun came up. Fog like this wouldn't even have been MENTIONED on the news or the radio. I can see no need to panic and delay school and drive 15 mph under the speed limit, but I come from a different world, which is why I need opinions from other Midwesterners. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #250
ONE
love, blood, life

I know they have delayed school opening here because of fog. , We just had one year anniversary of a horrific pile-up due to fog that came out of nowhere.

Sorry to hear of the roomie's injury. Hope he heals quickly.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #251
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I have a question for my fellow Midwesterners.

Do your states also panic and cancel or delay school for fog, or is that just Indiana?

I drove the roomie to work today as he has a very bad hamstring injury from kickball and can barely walk, never mind drive. I turned on the news before we left and they were all, "Oh noz! Teh killer fogz!!!" We turn on the radio in the car and the DJ's on most stations are pleading with drivers to be careful, and then listing the delayed/canceled schools. Thing is...it's really not that bad. Visibility is MAYBE down to a quarter of a mile in a few scattered places, at least between the northside and the far southwest. Okay, so I have only lived in one other state, but in that state, fog wasn't weather, it was a way of life. I used to drive to and from work with the visibility down to 10 feet; a quarter mile was pretty typical for the morning before the sun came up. Fog like this wouldn't even have been MENTIONED on the news or the radio. I can see no need to panic and delay school and drive 15 mph under the speed limit, but I come from a different world, which is why I need opinions from other Midwesterners. Thanks!

In Minnesota, we don't panic about anything or cancel anything for any reason. Last February was an exception but I really think they did it because we haven't had a snow day in years and everyone just wanted to stay home for 2 days! Can't make it to work but the malls were packed. Interesting.....

Fog, ice, snow, rain, etc. we're on the roads and open for business.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #252
arw
Blue Crack Addict

You don't have to read this. I just need to whine for a minute.......

I decided to work at LE today for 5 hours. I was scheduled 10-5 last Wed and today. They said I had to work my entire 7 hour shift or give the day up. If I work 4 hours a week that pays for my insurance for the week so anything else is mine. 3 hours is not a lot of money so I didn't care about giving up the hours since I had Sat off as well. They called back last week and asked if I could work noon to 5 today. I'm not scheduled again until Nov so if anything comes up health related, I'll have to send in my payment on my insurance. Working 5 hours is not going to give me more than $10 after taxes once my insurance is deducted. But I agreed because I have to work at least one 4 hour shift in 30 days or they automatically terminate me even though I still work there. So.......I rushed to get here this morning, completely exhausted from school last night, sat through 5 incredibly boring speeches, and then my speech teacher dismisses up over an hour early. If I wasn't obsessed with perfect attendance I would have skipped today and just worked my full 7 hours. So now I have an hour to kill before going to work and then driving all the way back here by 6:30.

3 weeks, 2 1/2 days left and I'm back to a normal schedule.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #253
ONE
love, blood, life

ugh

I came home sick earlier today and just woke up. Migraine. I am sitting here watching Ghosthunters and munching on saltine crackers. Still have the headache Bad day. Although I missed the High School Musical Tweens so in a way it was a good day. TV and radio were setting up when I left.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #254
ONE
love, blood, life

It is raining outside and windy. The door keeps rattling when the wind blows. Creepy when watching Ghosthunters.
They are at Sprague Mansion.............Schmeg territory.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #255
arw
Blue Crack Addict

we had a late night. I just got home not too long ago. I have to be back at 9 in the morning. An "emergency" student council meeting was called for tomorrow at 4:00 so that means I can't come home in the afternoon and I'll have to do nothing so there goes my nap. I told one of the counselors at school that attends the meetings (she knows ALL about my lovely schedule this term) and she said I could go home after my morning class and skip the meeting. I think she could tell how tired I was at the time because I was a tad snippy with her when she reminded me of the meeting. I can't imagine having another 14 hour day and then getting up to be back on Friday morning. Saturday cannot come fast enough! I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeping all damn day. I have so much homework to do in both classes that I'll be plenty busy once I wake up.