Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

Finally have some time to pop in! NY was awesome....love it and definitely going back for sure!

For those who have been around to know about watch for deer warnings....well I finally had a close encounter with one a week ago. I was lucky in that I was going slow enough that it was pretty much a bump and not damage to my car. The deer was able to run off the road so I did stress the rest of the night that I might have caused internal injuries and it was off somewhere suffering a slow and painful death. Plus it was a doe and I had the whole....Bambi without a mom thing in my head too.

Lots of new stuff in the works at Job 1 in the next couple of months so it's kind of exciting but still going to be busy.

Kariann said:
:wave:

Finally have some time to pop in! NY was awesome....love it and definitely going back for sure!

For those who have been around to know about watch for deer warnings....well I finally had a close encounter with one a week ago. I was lucky in that I was going slow enough that it was pretty much a bump and not damage to my car. The deer was able to run off the road so I did stress the rest of the night that I might have caused internal injuries and it was off somewhere suffering a slow and painful death. Plus it was a doe and I had the whole....Bambi without a mom thing in my head too.

Lots of new stuff in the works at Job 1 in the next couple of months so it's kind of exciting but still going to be busy.

:eek: The deer finally found you!!

If there was no damage to the car, I bet the deer is okay, too. Bambi got dinner that night. :)

I have to work tonight (hopefully only until 8 p.m.). I want to watch the spooky shows on tv.

Glad you enjoyed NY Kariann :).

The last time I saw a wild deer was at Gatorland. There's a back part of it that has a boardwalk through this marshy wilderness area. I felt something wet on my leg and looked down to see a deer licking my leg through the slot in the side of the boardwalk :ohmy: .

I felt like telling the deer, "Dude, you shouldn't be out here. This is Gatorland." :reject:.

- none of the kids showed up for karate class tonight (duh, it's Halloween) and yoga class is finished. The karate instructor and his girlfriend say, "Oh we'll just stay and train."

Um, I don't think the city wants to pay me overtime just so you can "train." Get out dude - I've been here 12 hours :| .

kariann ~ NY pictures? Glad you loved it. I didn't think I would like it and I ended up LOVING it. Oh and the deer, :yikes: scary stuff.........Glad there was no damage to the car or you or apparently the deer.
kelly ~ working on Halloween night :(
I am gonna get comfy and turn out the lights and watch yet another Halloween movie

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Went to a Super Target today to get a few things and what do you think is on an end cap at the front of the store?!?! BOO BERRY!!!!!!!!!! And Franken Berry! :faint: I've been to every Target in the Twin Cities, and there's a lot too dammit, looking for my holiday cereal the past 2 years and nothing. :sad: I gave up on it this year after I couldn't find it last year. I'm trying really hard not to eat crap outside of school because the second I get to class, I have to try 2-3 desserts a night. :barf: So I only bought one box of Boo Berry. It was .99 cents which made it even better. :love:

:yawn:

I have tomorrow off. And I got paid today. Which means I can actually buy some stuff that I need!

I wish the darn skating club would pay me...that is some extra income I really need right now.

arw9797 said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Went to a Super Target today to get a few things and what do you think is on an end cap at the front of the store?!?! BOO BERRY!!!!!!!!!! And Franken Berry! :faint: I've been to every Target in the Twin Cities, and there's a lot too dammit, looking for my holiday cereal the past 2 years and nothing. :sad: I gave up on it this year after I couldn't find it last year. I'm trying really hard not to eat crap outside of school because the second I get to class, I have to try 2-3 desserts a night. :barf: So I only bought one box of Boo Berry. It was .99 cents which made it even better. :love:
Just got home from Sendik's (a locally owned grocery store nearby that just opened yesterday) and they had Boo Berry..........$1.99. They also had Franken Berry.
Glad you were able to find it.
Meat counter was scary with the amount of people around it, but the dessert/bakery counter :ohmy:, scarier yet. They had some really yummy looking things :drool:..........ended up with cookies :reject:/ today's grocery shopping details.......

:huh: My computer just told me I've been selected to receive a free Apple iPhone. I've never heard of pop-up vocal ad. That is weird.

ETA: :der: It's the ad at the top of Myspace.

Last edited:
:crack: a talking pop up ad............nothing good can come from this :tsk:

:happy: the radio station I regularly tune into is now all Christmas music all day, every day till Christmas ..............Feliz Navidad was the first song I heard :crack:............They played it again 2 1/2 hours later ( I know this because I was flipping radio stations and went by it again and that was the song.) Unless they are only playing Feliz Navidad:hmm:. ( :crack: )

shari schultz said:
:crack: a talking pop up ad............nothing good can come from this :tsk:

:happy: the radio station I regularly tune into is now all Christmas music all day, every day till Christmas ..............Feliz Navidad was the first song I heard :crack:............They played it again 2 1/2 hours later ( I know this because I was flipping radio stations and went by it again and that was the song.) Unless they are only playing Feliz Navidad:hmm:. ( :crack: )

Non-stop Feliz Navidad...:eek:

There's one here that plays like 93 days of Christmas and it kicked into gear sometime before Halloween. People, that is THREE MONTHS of Christmas songs. RIDICULOUS!!!

Five years of GapKids holiday Muzac cd's from November 1 to January 1 made me the Grinch I am today. :crack:
Gap Budget People: Hey, we can save a really insignificant amount of money if we just issue one CD for November and December! And we can save even MORE money by taking the theme song of the year and putting it on the CD once an hour, so the full-timers get to hear Love Train or Jenny from the Block or Give a Little Bit or something equally terrible somewhere between 7 and 10 times a day! SWEET!

The only good Christmas song is Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

Last edited:
:barf: I had to try 13 desserts tonight :barf:

We were all given a random cake recipe to mkae tonight. After everyone was finished garnishing, we had to present our cakes to the class. We had to give the recipe, methods used, what we liked or didn't like about the cake. We couldn't alter the recipe in anyway either. Our Chef did it to show us that in the "real world" we might be given stuff to make that we might not want to make and also that we might not have a choice on how the finished product will look. Then after we presented our cake, we had to cut small pieces for everyone and put it on a plate. 13 desserts on 1 plate might be a dream for some people but we were all so pissed. I think I'm going to eat a tube of toothpaste now. My teeth are so fuzzy :yuck:

shari schultz said:
kariann ~ NY pictures? Glad you loved it. I didn't think I would like it and I ended up LOVING it.

I'll probably get some up here this weekend. I haven't wanted to go back to some place so much since Dublin. I just got an email from SkyBus and they are now flying to the area. :up:

I just found out today that at Job 1 we are all moving to the same shift so I will be working normal M-F hours!

arw9797 said:
:barf: I had to try 13 desserts tonight :barf:

We were all given a random cake recipe to mkae tonight. After everyone was finished garnishing, we had to present our cakes to the class. We had to give the recipe, methods used, what we liked or didn't like about the cake. We couldn't alter the recipe in anyway either. Our Chef did it to show us that in the "real world" we might be given stuff to make that we might not want to make and also that we might not have a choice on how the finished product will look. Then after we presented our cake, we had to cut small pieces for everyone and put it on a plate. 13 desserts on 1 plate might be a dream for some people but we were all so pissed. I think I'm going to eat a tube of toothpaste now. My teeth are so fuzzy :yuck:

I have a wicked sweet tooth but 13 desserts on one plate makes me barf.

Kariann said:

I'll probably get some up here this weekend. I haven't wanted to go back to some place so much since Dublin. I just got an email from SkyBus and they are now flying to the area. :up:

I just found out today that at Job 1 we are all moving to the same shift so I will be working normal M-F hours!

I don't have that same kind of love for NYC; I like Boston much better. NYC is too big for this small-state girl who inherited her dad's love for all things Boston.

However, normal M-F hours are wonderful and I am currently kicking myself for giving them up!! :lol: That's great, when do they start?

I hate that fuzzy teeth feeling :yuck:
kariann, M-F hours :up: I have never had them and I am not sure I could deal with them. I am too used to having a day or 2 off during the week (easier for Dr, dentist appt., shopping during the holidays). I do adimit I miss the freedom of just making plans on a weekend. Having to ask off a month ahead of time is :down:

Northern Room concert tonight :up:
J trying to get out of work early so she can drive over and we can go grab dinner beforehand. N may meet us down there if she can get her packing done beforehand............she leaves for China on business tomorrow ~ I am kind of doubting that she will make it

shari, great sig. I love Calvin and Hobbes :heart:.

I hate coming home from a long week and just wanting to relax, and then walking into a huge family argument. Whenever I try to help, the parties who were mad at each other (Dad and sister) wind up being mad at me :reject:.

being stuck in the middle is not fun :down:

Still here. J got stuck in traffic on the beltline.

"bono is gonna be on the news" ~ dad :heart:

gonna be across the street from where the great Bono and Edge meeting was back in 2005 ................oh yeah, and some interferencers :shifty:

shari schultz said:
gonna be across the street from where the great Bono and Edge meeting was back in 2005 ................oh yeah, and some interferencers :shifty:

:D

Schmeg said:

I don't have that same kind of love for NYC; I like Boston much better. NYC is too big for this small-state girl who inherited her dad's love for all things Boston.

However, normal M-F hours are wonderful and I am currently kicking myself for giving them up!! :lol: That's great, when do they start?

The week after next, however, I'll still be running like a crazy woman since I'll still be doing weekends at Job 2 and a few evenings.

:crazy: I have so much to do between now and Wednesday. :help:

I gave away my hours next weekend at the store so I can stay at home and stare at the ceiling for a few days.

:| I'm up early. I went to bed at 2:00 which was really 1:00. I never get more than 5 hours of sleep in a row now so I'm up after 7 hours. It's going to be a loooooooooooong morning. I have somewhere to be at noonish. I do need some "me" time so I refuse to start my homework right now. :barf:

I forgot to mention this:

The other day, TJ's had pumpkin butter on crumpets on demo...and I liked the pumpkin butter.

:silent:

Off to the Game of the Year Party in a few minutes! Colts vs. Patriots...2 undefeated teams 8 weeks into the season...the battle of good vs. evil...it's gonna be fun! Too bad I'm on the Evil side!

Back
Top Bottom