Randooomdumdoooomdum Doozer-style - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 PM
I just spent two and a half hours sitting at Volkswagen, waiting for a problem with my car to not get fixed. The airbag light is on, and the horn doesn't blow (which is a very serious issue for this New Englander in Indiana where people don't go when the light turns green). they have to order a part to fix it. The guy answered his cell phone in the middle of telling me why I'd been sitting there for two and a half hours, and then told me VW will call with a survey about his service, and said he hopes I give him all 10's.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #182
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

It's really not that exciting; they wheel and deal with various vendors, and if a decent product can't be sold at a competitive price, it disappears.

I mentioned your oatmeal to the store manger yesterday and there were apparently quality issues with it. He did not elaborate on what sort of quality issues.
how odd. Both TJ's that I shop at still sells the brand, just not the flavor I want. I have seen it at certain grocery stores but for somewhere in the $5.00 range. TJ's had it for half that. Too bad for me

Old 10-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #183
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I just spent two and a half hours sitting at Volkswagen, waiting for a problem with my car to not get fixed. The airbag light is on, and the horn doesn't blow (which is a very serious issue for this New Englander in Indiana where people don't go when the light turns green). they have to order a part to fix it. The guy answered his cell phone in the middle of telling me why I'd been sitting there for two and a half hours, and then told me VW will call with a survey about his service, and said he hopes I give him all 10's.

I got a serious talkin' to by my oil change guy a few months ago. He pulled me aside away from the other customers waiting. He lectured me for a good 5 minutes on the condition of my car and my unwillingness to let them fix it. Then he said he hopes I'll consider letting them do the work on the car real soon because they enjoy my business Unfortunately my dad does not work for a dealer anymore so I can't have him verify the issues with my car. But from his experience, there's nothing wrong with it other than this particular dealer wanted to make money off of me that day. So I will not be going there anymore!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #184
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I forgot my ipod. Damn. I don't carry it with me anymore because I have way too many other things to keep track of. I only bring it on days where I'm stuck at school for a long time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #185
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
The Toyota dealership also pushed the survey when I bought my car. As I was unhappy with spending all day there and having to argue about the price, I never bothered to fill out the oh-so-important survey.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #186
ONE
love, blood, life

I think by the end of this 7 day stretch I will be doing a perfect imitation of Tom Hanks in the movie The Money Pit..................hysterical, uncontrollable laughter from all the stress:
Old 10-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #187
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Enjoying the Midwest way of driving, huh?
He answered his cell while talking to you? Good god Sitting there for 2 1/2 hours and he hopes that you will give him all 10's in the survey about service.................... he made a funny
Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 PM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

iPod classic *wants*

plus i`m glad i waited now,cause those ipods rock,(no pun intended)
Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #189
arw
Blue Crack Addict

This is truly shocking........my new STRICT Chef let us out over an hour early tonight. She said she felt bad for keeping us at least 15 minutes late each night this week so she wanted to make up for it. Plus, she let us make dinner! We didn't have any assignments tonight other than to make pizza dough for pizzas plus fruit pizzas. Then.......she tells us that tomorrow night instead of making new stuff, we're going to do iron Chef. She's going to make a bunch of garnishes and sauces, we have to each make a few small tarts and then plate everything using the rest of the things she's providing. Tonight was the best night at school since we switched Chefs almost 2 weeks ago. But she's still got 4 weeks left! :ugh:
Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #190
ONE
love, blood, life

^

Can I go to work without shoes? Please? Pretty please?
Can't wait to see what fun today brings
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

Enjoying the Midwest way of driving, huh?
He answered his cell while talking to you? Good god Sitting there for 2 1/2 hours and he hopes that you will give him all 10's in the survey about service.................... he made a funny
When I was really only driving to the bank and back, which took all of 10 minutes if the traffic was bad, I could just shrug and get on with my life. Now I am driving 35 miles to the rink on the southside and people, there is NO reason why it should take me an HOUR to go 35 miles on a Saturday morning.

The 2 1/2 hours wasn't his fault, but when he told me about the survey and asked for 10's, I almost asked him, "Would you give someone who answered their cell phone in front of you all 10's?" If he had been around my age or younger I might have; he looked older than my dad so I didn't see any reason to get snippy with him. And he has to call me back when my part comes in and I'd like to receive that call sooner than later.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

I mistook my left index finger for a cucumber while making a salad last night and I'm afraid to take off the band-aid.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #193
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I finally got my financial aid situation cleared up. All of the money that is mine to live off of is in my account. I have more money than I expected to have and I get 1 more round in January. I'm totally screwing myself by living off of a loan and not working but whatever. I can't work now other than the 10 hours a week at the store. School is my job. At least I don't have to stress about that one anymore. It's been a long 2 months of crap with the financial aid office. It's really sad when you walk into the office and your rep greets you with a happy "hhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! How are you today?!?!?!?! " like you're here best friend and then states that she was just about to call me to see if I was in the building yet.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #194
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I mistook my left index finger for a cucumber while making a salad last night and I'm afraid to take off the band-aid.

kitchen injuries
Old 10-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #195
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I'm actually going to be able to be productive today since I was in bed well before midnight last night.