Randooomdomdomdomdodmdom doesn't win Guinness World Record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Claim ID: 75252
Membership Number: 70132

16 October 2003

Dear Mr Clancy

Thank you for sending us the details of your recent record proposal for 'Largest Thread on an Internet Message Board'. I am afraid to say that we are unable to accept this as a Guinness World Record.

We receive over 60,000 enquiries a year from which a small proportion are approved by our experienced researchers to establish new categories. These are not 'made up' to suit an individual proposal, but rather 'evolve' as a result of international competition in a field, which naturally accommodates superlatives of the sort that we are interested in. We think you will appreciate that we are bound to favor those that reflect the greatest interest.

I appreciate that this may be disappointing to you, but I hope that this does not deter you from trying again. We are always keen to hear from people who wish to set a Guinness World Record. If you should need any advice regarding breaking an existing record or setting a new Guinness World Record please contact us again through our website or directly quoting the above membership number.

Once again thank you for contacting Guinness World Records. We wish you every success with any future record-breaking endeavors.

Yours sincerely,

Amanda Sprague
Records Research Services

i guess we'll have to console ourselfs with a few pints

guinness.gif
guinness.gif
[
guinness.gif

Just keep sending in the same letter to them they have to listen to you sometime. :up:

this does not deter you from trying again

they are desperate to hear from you again :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
These are not 'made up' to suit an individual proposal, but rather 'evolve' as a result of international competition in a field, which naturally accommodates superlatives of the sort that we are interested in.
Well you know what this means. We have to go to every internet message board in existence and start a Randoomdomdumdomdom and compete against ourselves. We can't lose!

:hyper:

i don't know how basstrap feels about being the one who started randooom, but i never intedned on the other thread getting that way...and i don't like it. i don't like seeing my username up there as the one who started it.

Back
Top Bottom