Randooom in a pink cowboy hat - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

Did that ever come out on DVD?
Spiceworld? I've seen it in bargin bins at department stores for like 5 bucks.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #332
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
My love for Geri died when she left the group. I kind of liked her first single from the solo album she recorded, uh... I can't remember what it's called. I wouldn't admit that to anyone at the time though. My friends were all extreme Geri h8rz.

I'm going to listen to the Spice Girls right now.
it was called "look at me." i remember the video for it, there was like a funeral scene, i think for her old self or something, a huge moment and stuff.

i'm always a faithful fan, i remember when john taylor announced he left duran duran, i was soooo upset but i still bought his solo album. oh wait, that's cuz he'd already released the first one. oh well, my point is...well i don't really have one i guess, lol.

i'm embarrassed to admit that even though before this past summer it'd been over four years since i'd listened to the spice girls, i still knew all the lyrics to wannabe, including the rap and everything.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #333
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
You just want to show me you're Girl Power don't you.

Did that ever come out on DVD?
mayhaps

i've only got it on vhs, which is good cuz i don't actually have a dvd player. i've only got one upstairs on my computer which means we'd have to sit on my bed.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:01 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Quote:

Spiceworld? I've seen it in bargin bins at department stores for like 5 bucks.
$5... thats $1 for each member of the band.

I'll wait for them to factor in that Geri left and then grab myself a bargin!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #335
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
$5... thats $1 for each member of the band.

I'll wait for them to factor in that Geri left and then grab myself a bargin!
mayhaps it's $1.25 per member, or mayhaps posh gets an extra $1 so she can get a burger or something. she's a stick these days.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

mayhaps

i've only got it on vhs, which is good cuz i don't actually have a dvd player. i've only got one upstairs on my computer which means we'd have to sit on my bed.
Nice.

Nothing sets the mood better than that saucy (yet) random birth scene towards the end.

Will they make it to the concert in time?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

it was called "look at me." i remember the video for it, there was like a funeral scene, i think for her old self or something, a huge moment and stuff.

i'm always a faithful fan, i remember when john taylor announced he left duran duran, i was soooo upset but i still bought his solo album. oh wait, that's cuz he'd already released the first one. oh well, my point is...well i don't really have one i guess, lol.

i'm embarrassed to admit that even though before this past summer it'd been over four years since i'd listened to the spice girls, i still knew all the lyrics to wannabe, including the rap and everything.
Oh yeah! Wasn't the video kind of James Bond-ish and involve rain? Hmm. Maybe that's the video for her craptastic cover of "It's Raining Men."

Haha, I had no idea John Taylor ever recorded a solo album.

To this day I still don't have that rap part down. I'd always mumble along and pretend to be one of the cool kids.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #338
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Nice.

Nothing sets the mood better than that saucy (yet) random birth scene towards the end.

Will they make it to the concert in time?

it's been so long since i've seen it i completely forgot about that scene! and let's not forget oh hey here we are oh look it's elton john!

Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And the VHS came with a free movie poster!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:08 PM   #340
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Oh yeah! Wasn't the video kind of James Bond-ish and involve rain? Hmm. Maybe that the video for her craptastic cover of "It's Raining Men."

Haha, I had no idea John Taylor ever recorded a solo album.

To this day I still don't have that rap part down. I'd always mumble along and pretend to be one of the cool kids.
i remember the video was in black and white and that's really all i remember. oh! and she was like on a payphone or something?

you didn't know he...omigor. he's recorded like ten of them. plus neurotic outsiders. not to mention his production work with other groups and his work on the roxy music tribute album.

awww, see this is why i would always sing along with the lyrics insert at first so i'd make sure i'd have the lyrics down. during the summer of 97, the three cds i listened to non-stop were: spice girls' spice, U2's pop, and beastie boys' hello nasty. at least i was diverse.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
awww, see this is why i would always sing along with the lyrics insert at first so i'd make sure i'd have the lyrics down. during the summer of 97, the three cds i listened to non-stop were: spice girls' spice, U2's pop, and beastie boys' hello nasty. at least i was diverse.
Pop

I didn't buy that album until January '98, a week or two after my birthday. I was too into the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys to care about purchasing that album.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:19 PM   #342
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Pop

I didn't buy that album until January '98, a week or two after my birthday. I was too into the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys to care about purchasing that album.
now see, i can at least say i never liked the backstreet boys. i think i bought pop in april or may of 97. i know i at least bought it before i saw the band, which was on 5/14/97. they've not played memphis since. then again, before that, they hadn't played memphis since 1982. so i consider myself lucky.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

now see, i can at least say i never liked the backstreet boys. i think i bought pop in april or may of 97. i know i at least bought it before i saw the band, which was on 5/14/97. they've not played memphis since. then again, before that, they hadn't played memphis since 1982. so i consider myself lucky.
They've only been to Tucson once: April 5, 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. Nearly every teacher I had in high school was at that show. They're too huge to ever perform here again.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:25 PM   #344
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Pop

I didn't buy that album until January '98
Quote:

i think i bought pop in april or may of 97.

So.... jealous.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #345
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
They've only been to Tucson once: April 5, 1987 on the Joshua Tree tour. Nearly every teacher I had in high school was at that show. They're too huge to ever perform here again.
it's probably the same thing here. but then again we've got a huge, brand new arena now and when the first and third legs were announced they actually announced in the paper that U2 weren't playing here. they were all over it. then again they may disagree with the policy our basketball team has about concerts, etc. and i wouldn't mind so much if i were to find out they were boycotting this city because of that. so i tell myself they are to make myself feel better.

i'm surprised they don't play tucson more, i thought it was a bigger city. i think every city's bigger than memphis. at least most cities ACT like they're bigger than us.

Quote:

So.... jealous.
it's not our fault you were too stupid to not get into them earlier! aww i'm just kidding!

would it kill you if i told you i also bought zooropa right around when it came out? and i can't remember when exactly i bought achtung baby but it was probably in december of 91? i may have been a fan of new kids on the block and debbie gibson but at least i was able to counteract that with my inxs and U2 fandom. so i'd like to think my coolness cancels out or at least lessens my dorkiness.