Randooom in a pink cowboy hat - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #316
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:57 AM
night schmeg. i have been told that sometimes the check engine light means it's just maintenance - that there's not necessarily anything wrong with it. so i'll keep my fingers crossed that the light's on for you to literally just check it!

Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

me too i don't know how many times i saw spiceworld in theatres

if i had an 80s cheese playlist, it'd be over half the music on my ipod.
Oh, man. That just reminded me of something! Between the two of us, my sister and I had the complete Spice Girls Barbie set. We left them in mint condition and never took them out of their boxes. We thought they'd be worth a lot of money one day. We sold them for 2 bucks each at a yard sale a few years ago. Well, just four of the five. When Geri announced she was leaving the group my sister opened her Ginger Spice box and ripped Geri's head off.

Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I signed it!
Thatta girl.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #319
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:57 AM
^I think that she meant that she had signed it before your "Your dead to me post"............number 45 perhaps?

A little bitter Schmeg?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #320
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
Oh, man. That just reminded me of something! Between the two of us, my sister and I had the complete Spice Girls Barbie set. We left them in mint condition and never took them out of their boxes. We thought they'd be worth a lot of money one day. We sold them for 2 bucks each at a yard sale a few years ago. Well, just four of the five. When Geri announced she was leaving the group my sister opened her Ginger Spice box and ripped Geri's head off.
really? i always wanted to buy ginger but i could never find her. then she left the band and then i REALLY could never find it, i wasn't sure if they'd removed her from circulation or if people just scrambled to buy the rest of the ginger dolls or what.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

really? i always wanted to buy ginger but i could never find her. then she left the band and then i REALLY could never find it, i wasn't sure if they'd removed her from circulation or if people just scrambled to buy the rest of the ginger dolls or what.
Our collection started with Ginger. The Posh Spice doll was the only one we had trouble finding. I remember spending hours calling various department stores asking if they had her doll in stock.

Why am I admitting this here
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM   #322
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Our collection started with Ginger. The Posh Spice doll was the only one we had trouble finding. I remember spending hours calling various department stores asking if they had her doll in stock.

Why am I admitting this here
i could only ever find them at claire's. and they always just seemed to have baby, posh, and sporty.

i had really red hair and umm...something else in common with geri ...at the time and my best friend had blonde hair so we called each other ginger and baby. good god we were losers back then.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i could only ever find them at claire's. and they always just seemed to have baby, posh, and sporty.

i had really red hair and umm...something else in common with geri ...at the time and my best friend had blonde hair so we called each other ginger and baby. good god we were losers back then.
We found most of the dolls at Target. We drove my mom crazy for the month or two we spent hunting down all the dolls. They wouldn't release all of them at once.

I remember making my friends call me Posh. A classmate hated me for it because she felt she was more deserving of the nickname since her grandparents were British. I wore skirts an entire week to school to prove just how posh I was. Suck it, Ashley!

I'm still a loser
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 PM   #324
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I remember making my friends call me Posh. A classmate hated me for it because she felt she was more deserving of the nickname since her grandparents were British. I wore skirts an entire week to school to prove just how posh I was. Suck it, Ashley!

I'm still a loser
i probably looked like a whore dressed up like geri. red lipstick, platform shoes, short skirts... i should've been posh but noooo i had red hair and big boobs...i mean...oh fuck.

i'm a loser too
Old 06-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i probably looked like a whore dressed up like geri. red lipstick, platform shoes, short skirts... i should've been posh but noooo i had red hair and big boobs...i mean...oh fuck.

i'm a loser too
Did Geri leaving the group destroy you? I remember drawing a mustache and devil horns on her on a group poster I had hanging in my room. That was totally the ultimate betrayal!!!111

Let's get married in loserly matrimony.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 PM   #326
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Did Geri leaving the group destroy you? I remember drawing a mustache and devil horns on her on a group poster I had hanging in my room. That was totally the ultimate betrayal!!!111

Let's get married in loserly matrimony.
yeah i was disappointed and stuff. but when i found out she was leaving to go solo i was like "all right yeah geri you go girl!!" i even went out and bought her solo album, i was probably the only person in this city who did. i can't remember if i did anything to the spice girls posters i had in my room though. i do remember buying the first magazine they were on after geri announced her departure, i think it was entertainment weekly or something. i've still got all that stuff in a box somewhere.

all right!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:57 PM
This convo is killling me...

Having two sisters who went through the same obsessions (if not worse).. this brings back fond memories.

Might have to pull out the Spiceworld video tonight.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #328
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Might have to pull out the Spiceworld video tonight.
you can come over here and watch it with me

i have popcorn and stuff
Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

yeah i was disappointed and stuff. but when i found out she was leaving to go solo i was like "all right yeah geri you go girl!!" i even went out and bought her solo album, i was probably the only person in this city who did. i can't remember if i did anything to the spice girls posters i had in my room though. i do remember buying the first magazine they were on after geri announced her departure, i think it was entertainment weekly or something. i've still got all that stuff in a box somewhere.

all right!
My love for Geri died when she left the group. I kind of liked her first single from the solo album she recorded, uh... I can't remember what it's called. I wouldn't admit that to anyone at the time though. My friends were all extreme Geri h8rz.

I'm going to listen to the Spice Girls right now.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:

you can come over here and watch it with me

i have popcorn and stuff
You just want to show me you're Girl Power don't you.

Did that ever come out on DVD?