Randoomdumdoomdum - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee


How? Do tell! :intrigued:
Long story short: Got shut out when tickets went on sale. Went on ticketmaster.com at 5 pm on October 31, 2001 to see what would happen, scored front-row, side-stage tickets. Got there to find out the heart came up so high we had to stand at a funny angle to actually see the stage...but hell, we were front row at U2 after having no tickets at all two hours before. During UTEOTW someone came along with wristbands and let our row in (about 5 people altogether), and I spent the rest of the concert 6 feet from Edge. Absolutely amazing experience.
__________________

__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann


It's time for me go. I'm getting and been too whiney in some PM's.

I think I'm spiralling into a crap mood phase here that I need to stop.
I don't think you've been too whiney.

Sleep good!
__________________

__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

especially when he fucks up at some point and says "slow" for seemingly no reason at all. way to sing at the wrong time, willie.
I've never noticed this! Now I need to listen to that version of the song!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

Long story short: Got shut out when tickets went on sale. Went on ticketmaster.com at 5 pm on October 31, 2001 to see what would happen, scored front-row, side-stage tickets. Got there to find out the heart came up so high we had to stand at a funny angle to actually see the stage...but hell, we were front row at U2 after having no tickets at all two hours before. During UTEOTW someone came along with wristbands and let our row in (about 5 people altogether), and I spent the rest of the concert 6 feet from Edge. Absolutely amazing experience.


That's awesome!
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #140
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I've never noticed this! Now I need to listen to that version of the song!
It grates on my nerves everytime I hear that part.
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #141
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I've never noticed this! Now I need to listen to that version of the song!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #142
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:12 AM
btw schmeg great story! lucky!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:16 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee




That's awesome!
I'm not usually very lucky, but when I hit some good luck, it's HUGE.

That was also the beginning of my Party Girl streak...I've been there 4 of the last 5 times they've played that song. Rare, my ass!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #144
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
That was also the beginning of my Party Girl streak...
at first i read this as "my party girl steak..."

then i read it as streak like to go streaking...
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I'm not usually very lucky, but when I hit some good luck, it's HUGE.

That was also the beginning of my Party Girl streak...I've been there 4 of the last 5 times they've played that song. Rare, my ass!
I would've loved to have seen the look on your face when they performed it in Dublin. I immediately thought of you when I saw it on the setlist!
__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the late 70s, early 80's...
Posts: 8,465
Local Time: 12:12 AM
Great story Schmeg!

I'm off for a late lunch peeps. Enjoy the show today/tommorow/tonight
__________________
timothius is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #147
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:12 AM
enjoy your lunch tim-tam.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

at first i read this as "my party girl steak..."

then i read it as streak like to go streaking...
I think you know what I want!

Seriously, the look on my face was probably something like, ... I've heard it almost as much as Sunday Bloody Sunday at this point.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Great story Schmeg!

I'm off for a late lunch peeps. Enjoy the show today/tommorow/tonight
Thanks!

Have a good lunch!

I'll most likely enjoy it Sunday afternoon!
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict
 
Queen Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Posts: 17,705
Local Time: 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I think you know what I want!

Seriously, the look on my face was probably something like, ... I've heard it almost as much as Sunday Bloody Sunday at this point.
__________________

__________________
Queen Bee is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com